Guyz vs Galz Grow Off

So open voting for the best of the grow, so it can be altered throughout.

Then a final vote best overall.

2 same. Gotcha.

I just think 1 can be risky. Anything can happen. It's all about fun and participation! 😁
I totally agree. Best overall.
We want the followers/viewers to follow the grows and see the processes and styles, what worked well, and what didn't.... not pop in at the end to vote on who had the most weight or yield. It's important to have a good harvest, but it's also important for viewers to know how you got there.

I'll check in later on.

Just one thing I'd like to suggest.

When we get our guidelines/rules set, we should leave them on this thread only for reference.

The first page of the Grow Show journal should be nice and tidy with specifics about what we're doing and the information on the strains etc. along with how voting will be done in the end, so the followers aren't wading through too much stuff to get going.
I don't really see a need to post our own guidelines/rules there.

Agree? Disagree?

Then we will have to come up with a journal title, and decide who will post the journal to journals in progress.

Later, and GO TEAM GIRLZ :cheer:

I'll check in later on.

Just one thing I'd like to suggest.

When we get our guidelines/rules set, we should leave them on this thread only for reference.

The first page of the Grow Show journal should be nice and tidy with specifics about what we're doing and the information on the strains etc. along with how voting will be done in the end, so the followers aren't wading through too much stuff to get going.
I don't really see a need to post our own guidelines/rules there.

Agree? Disagree?

Then we will have to come up with a journal title, and decide who will post the journal to journals in progress.

Later, and GO TEAM GIRLZ :cheer:
Agree

@OGpapa said:

Good morning y'all! Had some serious storms rip through about 1am till 3am. Off to do damage assessment.

Do we have any sponsors that want to use this opportunity to show off a new strain, strain of the month/season, this would be a great comparative collaboration. It could be a great way for them to promote, and advertise!

:ciao::kiss::popcorn:

I answered that it would mean we all have to have seeds from the same sponsor which would make things more difficult.
We had talked that we would come in with what we have and go from there.
I think, on the subject of sponsors, that it would be great to have several different sponsors watching the grow and seeing what happens with their strains. That would give exposure to several of them, and I'm sure they would appreciate that.
Hi @Lady Cannafan - I just am getting up to speed. Is this a done deal? Invite only? Is there an info page or post I missed?

Hi @Lady Cannafan - I just am getting up to speed. Is this a done deal? Invite only? Is there an info page or post I missed?
Ah. Looks like you guys are still in process of deciding on your rules and parameters, is that right?

Hi @Jon
This is just our planning thread for discussion on how to get the grow going with the team members.
We have two teams formed, 3 on each team. So we're all set there.
When we get the grow started we will post it in the Journals in Progress area. :)
Awesome thank you! Can’t wait to see this. Ought to be a lot of fun. A little friendly competition is fun sometimes I feel, and I highly support this (and these) ideas. Great idea. I’m sure you guys will nail it and make if both fun and educational. Good luck to the girls! Lol!

Hey hey good people. Thank you for the invitation! This is going to be a lot of fun. I can only get started on 1 June so I'll be a bit behind. I've agreed to do a sponsored journal for Freedom Of Seeds and I'm waiting for the beans to arrive. There are three strains that I will be growing, none of which I've grown before, Blue Dream, Cream Mandarin and Somango. I can select two for our boys vs girls grow off. Does that sound fair? @HappyHazmat88 didn't you order Somango autos? Woohoo!!! Let's get this party started :party:
Yeah, cream mandarin sounds delish!

I think voting would be about the overall grows of the teams, and how they ended. Weight can be tricky. Photos of the harvest would be better and have a more visual idea of how it went.
Thoughts?
My thoughts is, we do kinda like we do on the forum.
Best plant
Best bud
Biggest yield… all plants in the grow add together then decided by number of plants (to make it even for those growing one plant vs multiples.
+ more if y’all can think of em.

My thoughts is, we do kinda like we do on the forum.
Best plant
Best bud
Biggest yield… all plants in the grow add together then decided by number of plants (to make it even for those growing one plant vs multiples.
+ more if y’all can think of em.
It may have to be in separate polls. I haven't done a poll in ages, so I would have to check how it is set up. Could have changed a lot since I was gone.
If it could all be in one poll, that would be great.

Best grow show. Boyz or Girlz
Pick the winner

Then we could have polls for best plant, bud, yield etc.
It looks like it would have to be separate polls to keep it uncomplicated.

It may have to be in separate polls. I haven't done a poll in ages, so I would have to check how it is set up. Could have changed a lot since I was gone.

Pick the winner

I edited my post. See above in the quote box ⬆️

If this works out to be as much fun as I think it will, maybe it can be an annual or semi-annual battle of the sexes. LOL
Whaddya think @Olddog Newtrick ?
Yeah, for sure!
And if more people want in, as long as the teams stay even I’m good with that too!
As far as organizing a cohesive final posting, i certainly don’t mind doing it but, let’s face it, I’m nowhere near as eloquent and gathered as you are.
I’m loving this, what started as a passing “that would be cool” thought is fleshing out to be an awesome thing! All thanks to the participants spit balling ideas.. I’m excited!
So many ideas in my head and I open this thread and y’all have already posted and commented on em.. you all rock!

Pick the winner

Hmm shame it can’t all be kept in the thread.

Back
Top Bottom