Hello

dvusz

Hi all,

I've just started reading the forum and wanted to introduce myself. You guys seem to have a great community going that I really wish we had here in Western Australia. I've been smoking weed regularly since my early teens and I've never been part of (nor even heard of) a smoking community here, or even had the privilege of knowing reliably what strain of weed I've smoked! So open, informed, discussion of weed that I have seen here has been a real eye-opener.

I've been reading the forum since being given a couple of seedlings about 6 weeks ago by chance. Although I've smoked since my early teens I've never grown before. One of them (Thumper) grew large and a nice deep green, the other (Stumpy) has always looked stunted and relatively pale in colour. Both look nothing like any of the plants I've seen posted here. I haven't used anything technical like testing PH or NPK of the soil but I have given both plants lots of worm castings/juice and organic matter, and have used some fertilizer but only scarcely as I don't want to overdo it.

IMG_30791.JPG

IMG_30993.JPG

They have just begun to flower and it turns out Thumper (the big one) is male and Stumpy is female. So Thumper, is now a pile of leaves drying in the sun soon to become butter, and Stumpy is now a single mother of 4 little clones (thanks to this thread). I don't have any cloning specific equipment so I just clipped them, cut the bottom of the stem, soaked them overnight and planted them this morning. They still look as perky as they did when I cut them, so I'm optimistic.

Thumper (RIP)
IMG_33403.JPG

Stumpy
IMG_33457.JPG

Stumpy clones - About 18 hours after being cut from mother (fingers rossed)
IMG_33496.JPG

IMG_33534.JPG

Nice to meet you all and look forward to being part of the community =)

:welcome:Great Intro, you will never find a better site for super members & staff, always eager to help.

I see you have a good sense of humor, that's a plus! Here is a great journal packed with good information from some of the BEST growers IMO. This guy lives in UK now, but his roots are in OZ, and he is very funny, we just welcomed another Aussie yesterday, he loves it!

There are many others journals you can "follow" to learn and share. Enjoy! :thumb: If you "like" a post, click like at bottom right!

here's the link (to OZ) below this line.

www.420magazine.com/forums/journals-progress/203763-oz-s-first-grow-pyramid-tut-coco.html

Hello buddy, and Welcome to :420:

Sorry about the male, but it looks like you are off to a good start anyway:)

Read as much as you can around here there are some truly great growers! I hope your little clones take off!

High guys :thumb:

Arrrgh! Don't you hate when you spend time writing a post and lose it... twice... then you have no energy to say it all again even though you haven't said anything, and what you wanted to say is gone forever? Me too! So here are some very quick pics and a quick question.

Thumper ended up as the special ingredient in a successful first ever batch of shortbreads.
IMG_33912.JPG

And I made a brownie from some trim my friend gave me (I also found a fudge pen while looking for icing sugar...)
IMG_3448.JPG

It turns out baking is an incredibly powerful thing... My mum and gf, both of whom regularly complain/worry about me smoking weed, tried my shortbreads and brownies without hesitation and then went back for more. I had to actually tell the gf to stop eating shortbreads after she'd downed 4 of them! :high-five:

I tied down Stumpy this morning after realising I can't hand train them any more (the base of the branches just got too thick, lol)
IMG_34552.JPG

Now I just have one question that I couldn't answer using search (sorry): Stumpy is currently in a spot that gets up to 10 hours of light per day. Now that she's flowering, should she be moved to a position with fewer hours of light? Say 3-4 hours? Or should she get as much as possible? She seems to be flowering very slowly...

Cheers!

Howdy dvusz, Welcome to the Forum. I've found nothing but helpful and positive members here.

I am not an expert and am only on my 4th grow. Hopefully someone with more experience will answer your question definitively. The way I understand it is that a shady spot in the daytime will not change flowering at all. I think you're best to find the place with the most direct sunlight. Then as the season changes and there is less light every day, the plant will naturally start to bud. A good friend grew two plants Outdoors of the same strain from clone. One of the plants was in a spot that received direct sunlight all day. The other one had quite a few periods of shade a day. Don't know exactly how many hours, but it was significant. The one in direct sunlight yielded 1/3 as much more than the other plant. So leave that baby in the sunlight if you can and let mother nature take care of everything.

Good luck on your grow!

Your plants look really healthy

Very beautiful plants in that awesome Australian sun. I've been to Fremantle and Perth while I was in the navy. Australia has a lot of nice and hospitable people. I got my first tattoo there and my nipples pierced there. Truly the best port we visited ahead of Hongkong. Anyways, this site is amazing for new growers and your plants look great so you are doing fine. You have added some good amendment to your soil and should be on your way. Keep up the good work and if you would like my help then stop by my journal and post a question and I will be happy to help you out. Have a great day.

Thanks guys. Going to get some test kits to make sure the Ph and nutrients are all good, other than that just gonna leave her alone as much as I can now that she's flowering and I've tied the bottom branches down. Waiting is the hardest part!

That reminds me, I'm gonna have to start looking for some new seeds to start my next couple of plants too! I have clones from Stumpy but she was the runt of the bunch and has always been short and pale in colour so I was hoping to get seed that's a little different (read better). I have no idea about where to get them or the risk involved in getting them posted to me however, so I guess I'll have to start searching the forums. As always any advice greatly appreciated :thanks:

Peace! :peace:

Hello dvusz,

Welcome and thanks so much for sharing your lovely plants AND your incredible edibles :). I do hydro indoors (I'm in the Pacific NW) not quite the Australian sun. Only on my fourth grow - it looks like you're doing great.

Best wishes :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom