Herbies Bulk Gorilla Glue

Hey there @Skybound , a bit late to the party, but great to happen in.
what a great run you have here, the absolute control is what i'd love to be doing but just too new to the scene, though hoping to learn a lot from your grow.
Looking forward to this (and a few others!!)
Cheers
W

Drive-by,,,

duck

RAT-ATAT TAT TAT. Internet warfare, lol.

Hey there @Skybound , a bit late to the party, but great to happen in.
what a great run you have here, the absolute control is what i'd love to be doing but just too new to the scene, though hoping to learn a lot from your grow.
Looking forward to this (and a few others!!)
Cheers
W

Welcome to the Glue journal. If you're into Hydro, please read my Hydro Buddy thread in my signature. That's where all of the "control" is explained in as exhaustive of detail as I could muster. I have years and years of nutrient supplies all for an entry point of about $200. I then add water as the time goes by to make my own concentrates, and per every stage of growth, I tell HB how much I want of each element, and it tells me how much of each of my concentrates I need to mix for my targets. It's so simple once you get past the fear of working with chemicals. Aside from observing some basic safety precautions when mixing such as a dust mask and gloves to protect your skin, it's as simple as filling a jug to the top with RO, empty a little to a control cup, then pour your weighed out salt into that jug, shake till the salts dissolve, then top up with the control cup of RO, and BOOM, you now have a concentrate. When I used General Hydroponics for years, I had 9 bottle to worry about, I now have 8, and 100% elemental control, well maybe 96% control as the sulfur targets are not considered by the app for a good reason.

At any rate, do yourself the favor and commit to acquiring this great knowledge. It applies to salts and every other nutrient solution that has the Guaranteed Analysis on the label. HB does all the needed math. I will be getting into soil very soon and will be using HB to plan out my soil amendments. I love HB! You should too IMO!

Im in. Love how detail oriented u are

Thanks for complement. I reached a point where growing wasn't fun anymore and I NEEDED a way to somehow make it new again. I like exploring in the unknown and trying new things. Getting into salts was a major game changer for me. I wasted about 5-6 years on GH and IDK how many hundreds/thousands of dollars. I wish there was a ((How To Make Your Own Nutes)) when I was getting into growing. I can now emulate any other nutrient regimen by using HB. I can mix to DynaGro's numbers with GH and vice-a-versa, or if I want to try Mega Crop w/o asking for a sample using nutrients I have on hand now. HB is free, so you can learn it right now, input all of your nutes into HB's database, then use HB to tweak your feed chart if you so desire. The only prerequisite is a computer. To my knowledge, HB doesn't yet work on a phone.

Here's the first Glue I put into bloom @ 8 weeks in veg (4/11 - 6/14). She still has a few more days of stretching, but I don't expect her to get much more vertical, but man is she super wide. All of them branches I attribute to using triacontanol in the foliar spray. I'm forming the opinion that high concentrations of tria keeps the plants short. That aside though, cuttings taken from tria treated plants root much quicker. I've halved my dose for the next few weeks of treatments so hopefully future rounds will stretch out a little more. I put another Glue into bloom a few days ago, and she is the same age, but has about 3 more veg weeks so hopefully that gets me more stretch.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Day 22, I just started an experimental Cationic mix, hopefully that frosts the bud sets nicely to start the party properly!

After 2.jpg
After Side view.jpg
Before Cat.jpg

Day 22, I just started an experimental Cationic mix, hopefully that frosts the bud sets nicely to start the party properly!

I religiously inoculate the roots with aerated compost tea primarily made from Great White and molasses, and add that twice weekly at all stages of growth.

Hey @Skybound ... I just read through your journal and I am liking the kudos you are giving a sponsor here.

I am going to do about a year of soil growing before I move to hydroponics ... but I am interested in the way you handle the plant. Right now I am struggling to keep the canopy even, but with your plants, I see many buds at different heights.

I like the idea of hooking up with a soil gang ... I'll poke around and see what I can find.

I just ordered some Great White on July 2nd ... but why the molasses? Carbs maybe? I will look that up.

Also, I read you mist under the leaves ... and that's the first time hearing about this.

Alright ... great looking plants and please keep the details coming ... I enjoy the learning!

Hey @Skybound ... I just read through your journal and I am liking the kudos you are giving a sponsor here.

I am going to do about a year of soil growing before I move to hydroponics ... but I am interested in the way you handle the plant. Right now I am struggling to keep the canopy even, but with your plants, I see many buds at different heights.

I like the idea of hooking up with a soil gang ... I'll poke around and see what I can find.

I just ordered some Great White on July 2nd ... but why the molasses? Carbs maybe? I will look that up.

Also, I read you mist under the leaves ... and that's the first time hearing about this.

Alright ... great looking plants and please keep the details coming ... I enjoy the learning!

Thanks for stopping in. FWIW, I spent about 6 years in hydro and will be getting into soil in a few months, lol. Doc Bud's High Brix Blend (DBHBB) is a great way to go for a soil. 420 has thousands of DBHBB users and DB is also a 420 sponsor. Because I am an absolute glutton for punishment, I will be building my own soil and see how it does, then tweak the blend as the grows succeed based on what the plants tell me. This is what I've done with hydro.

My practice is to veg for as long as I can, then when I put big ass plants into bloom, they grow many tops as you can see. Because I have 4x4 rooms, using a scrog screen isn't practical due to not being able to access the far sides, so I lined my 4 walls with a 5x15 net, stapled down, so when the branches stretch out, I can draw the bottom of the net into the pot making a nice tight screen from the pot up to the wall, all the way around. An even canopy is a human OCD, but it's not needed at all. The plant chooses her own dominant tops by putting her "auxins" where she wants them to be. Auxins are a growth regulator in plants and when you grow phot plants from seed and the branches pair out evenly, with topping, you can sub divide the auxin distribution much more evenly by creating new dominant tops while still in veg.

If you start in soil and get good at it, there'll be no point to switch to hydro unless you need more yields. I've been using triacontanol which is a natural Plant Growth Regulator (PGR). It triggers internal processes that result in the production of more chlorophyll which then attracts more light and create more energy for faster growth. I've already confirmed (for myself) they produce many more side branches (bud sites) and cuttings root in a bit more than half the normal time needed to root cuttings. I've read it can increase bud mass as well, though my last harvest did not reflect that, but still, I think it's cool to have an option to using in a soil grow that can make the plant want to grow in dirt as if it were in hydro.

If you ever want to get really familiar with nutrients in salt form, check out my Hydro Buddy thread in my signature. I wasted many years using bottled nutrients and towards the end, half of those bottle began to rot in the bottles and I had to throw them away. I now make my own nutes from salts and did my very best to explain everything that relates to that topic in that thread. In my continued studies, I come to find that my experience with the salts will be very helpful when formulating different soil blends. I think I'll miss hydro when I switch. Lord knows I'm not looking forward to having bugs. The best I can tell, 100% of soil grows attracts bugs, so expect to get them and plan ahead what you'll do to get rid of spider mites and fungus gnats. I'm sure there'll be others. DBHBB has a treatment worked right into program and those users seem to have that nipped in the bud before it becomes a problem. I might pick up Doc's Leaf Wash.

Oh yes I'm in. You're a good teacher Sky.

I'm just a student, but I wanna know the stuff the teachers don't talk about which involves getting dirty.

That big Glue plant is looking great Sky! :bravo::morenutes:

That big Glue plant is looking great Sky! :bravo::morenutes:

Thanks Lion. I wish she was taller, but her girth is still reassuring. Maybe she'll give me 10-12 zips, more if she stacks up with donkey dicks.

My first Glue and she don't look happy :thedoubletake:. This is the result of my attempt to emulate the Cat Drench by temporarily doubling the ammonium. The result was that the extra ammonium blocked my calcium such that the leaves created these trippy to look at, but otherwise unattractive display of Ca deficiency.

User error aside though, I really like the way she is stacking up and it seems she is frosting up decently. Despite her short and wide stature, I still expect her to yield well, or as well as is possible with a deficiency.

32 days in so far.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

I almost wish I would have did my failed experiment on another plant. It's like I ruined GG's chance to make a good first impression. Otherwise she looks fairly impressive, but her leaves are so hideous, the sight would give demons the heebee jeebees.

Sorry you had to run into some problems Sky, she's looking good though, and with about a month or so still to go she'll be giving you some solid nugs i'm sure. :yummy:

It's cool Irie Lion, I knew the risks and intentionally made the experiment not too far out of operating range to minimize the result good or bad, in this case bad, hehe.

GG(2) looks a little better than the one I ruined, lol. This is at 20 days in 12/12.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom