HMG's Hempy Grow 2011 Blue Cheese - Herijuana Jack 33

that is phosphorus deficiency. It is normal that the plant pulls phosphorus out of the fan leaves and translocates it to the buds. If any of those single leaves poking out of the buds start to show signs of P deficiency, I would apply a high P synthetic fertilizer. There is plenty of P in the Bloom but for some reason your plants are not able to use it. If you PM me with your mailing address, I will send you some Monopotassium Phosphate that you can mix with RO water and apply to your plants. If it were me, that is what I would do, apply some synthetic P to see what that does.

that is phosphorus deficiency. It is normal that the plant pulls phosphorus out of the fan leaves and translocates it to the buds. If any of those single leaves poking out of the buds start to show signs of P deficiency, I would apply a high P synthetic fertilizer. There is plenty of P in the Bloom but for some reason your plants are not able to use it. If you PM me with your mailing address, I will send you some Monopotassium Phosphate that you can mix with RO water and apply to your plants. If it were me, that is what I would do, apply some synthetic P to see what that does.

I fed both plants yesterday with 5ml Grow 40ml Bloom and 5ml Micro. I also used this amount on the 27th.

I have Fox Farms Tiger Bloom which is 2-8-4. It suggests 2 to 3 teaspoons for regular feeding, or 4 teaspoons for a heavy feeding.

There has been some improvement. The buds are starting to look more swollen then they were a week ago.

I think the problem is lack of P because when I switched nutes half way through the grow, the nutes from the organics were not as readily available as chemical nutes and it put them in a major deficiency of P, versus a salt buildup.

It could be to much calcium making the P not available also. If this is the case it would be due to my water and the dolimite lime I used. I know it has a guaranteed analysis of 102% CCE.

Any thoughts?

OK...You asked for it! :laughtwo:

Well...I have never had a problem with bud leaves yellowing at the late stages of flowering. The fan leaves are always yellowing by the time I chop the plant, but my bud leaves are usually really dark green and healthy looking.

However, I always start flushing with Clearex two weeks before harvest, and this helps to rid the soil of all the built up nutrient salts and releases any that might have been bound up and allows the plant to use them.

Personally, I still think you guys are barking up the wrong tree. I'm not disputing the deficiencies, since I am pretty sure that you are lacking in all the nutes you are feeding it. I am 99.9% sure that a Clearex flush followed by a long duration drip flush, followed by a new round of bloom type nutrients would put you back on the right track. Its a classic case of nute lockout in my opinion which is why I don't think more fertilizer is going to help until the underlying problem is dealt with first.

I feel that what you are doing right now is just exaserbating the problem. ;)

I agree with you goldengoose. I thought that HMG flushed already since it was suggested a few days ago. That is why I suggested to add some phosphorus. But yeah, gotta flush before adding anything else for sure. There has got to be some salt build up with all the products that have been used. If the organic bloom had been used from the start, there would have been some accumulation of the insoluble Phosphorus sources in the bloom and they would have began to start breaking down as the plant aged and the microbial activity in the soil did its magic. I just hate to see some fat buds like those suffer...
:Namaste:

I agree with you goldengoose. I thought that HMG flushed already since it was suggested a few days ago. That is why I suggested to add some phosphorus. But yeah, gotta flush before adding anything else for sure. There has got to be some salt build up with all the products that have been used. If the organic bloom had been used from the start, there would have been some accumulation of the insoluble Phosphorus sources in the bloom and they would have began to start breaking down as the plant aged and the microbial activity in the soil did its magic. I just hate to see some fat buds like those suffer...
:Namaste:

Hey BPN!

I'm glad we are on the same page! :thumb:

As far as I know, all he did was flush with plain water. That wouldn't be enough to release the salts. As far as I know, he never flushed the soil properly using Clearex. I think you mentioned using Molasses at one point, but I am not sure if he did that either. I don't agree with using Molasses for this situation though. While it kind of works the same way, it isn't as effective as Dextrose and Sucrose together in the correct ratios. Besides that, it contains P and calcium, and iron and other nutrients that should not be reintroduced to the soil UNTIL the drip flush is completed.

This is why I have been totally confused over you two's recent exchanges since it just looked to me like you were just pouring more and more nutes into the soil while not doing anything to fix the lock out, which as you know will just compound the problem and start to risk some serious nute burn to the roots at some point.

I have seen his photos and still don't understand why pots that size could not be moved to a location where a thorough drip flush could be performed? Unless there is a VERY good reason to resist performing the drip flush, then it is really foolish to be blowing it off. I would say that the health of his plants and the quality of his harvest are at stake, so a little inconvenience is a small price to pay for saving the plants and the harvest!

@GG HMG definitely needs to use some clearex to get all of the salts out. I have over ferted more times than I care to admit. Transplanting into larger pots will help as well. I am just so worried about getting this problem fixed fast...it is really bothering me. I wish I was there to help in person ;)

Blue Planet Nutrients said:
@GG HMG definitely needs to use some clearex to get all of the salts out. I have over ferted more times than I care to admit. Transplanting into larger pots will help as well. I am just so worried about getting this problem fixed fast...it is really bothering me. I wish I was there to help in person ;)

Same here!

I don't think he realizes how important the Clearex and drip flush are in this kind of situation! It MUST be done or he is going to loose his plants, or at the very least, severely compromise his yields!

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

I can not move my plants any where to do a 30 to 50 gal drip flush like you suggested Goose, I really wish I could. That is just not an option period, I now understand what you guys are saying just no way it can be done.

I have looked around here for the dextrose, no such luck.

My plan as of now is to just give water till they finish, and start over. I know this will really hurt my harvest all the way around.

At least on a positive note I have a couple of plants that can be thrown into flower once the others come out.

Thank you guys for all the help. When I start my new journal I hope you guys will be around in case I run into more problems. :Namaste:

I can not move my plants any where to do a 30 to 50 gal drip flush like you suggested Goose, I really wish I could. That is just not an option period, I now understand what you guys are saying just no way it can be done.

I have looked around here for the dextrose, no such luck.

My plan as of now is to just give water till they finish, and start over. I know this will really hurt my harvest all the way around.

At least on a positive note I have a couple of plants that can be thrown into flower once the others come out.

Thank you guys for all the help. When I start my new journal I hope you guys will be around in case I run into more problems. :Namaste:

Go BUY some Clearex from your local Hydro store or Garden Center. Its about 15 bucks for a quart which should last you awhile since you only use 1 TBSP (15ml) per gallon of water. Even though you can't do the drip flush, you can definitely water with the Clearex solution. And because you can't drip flush afterwards, then I would repeat the Clearex treatment several times in a row with a 1-3 day gap in between each one. Depending on your evapotranspiration rate where the plants reside, you could water with plain water in between each Clearex treatment.

As I said, water alone won't resolve this no matter how much you put through the pot. The nutes will remain locked in the soil until an "anti-locking" agent is introduced. Thats where the Clearex comes in.

I strongly suggest that you don't waste any more time with things that won't help and go out and buy some NOW! ;)

Go BUY some Clearex from your local Hydro store or Garden Center. Its about 15 bucks for a quart which should last you awhile since you only use 1 TBSP (15ml) per gallon of water. Even though you can't do the drip flush, you can definitely water with the Clearex solution. And because you can't drip flush afterwards, then I would repeat the Clearex treatment several times in a row with a 1-3 day gap in between each one. Depending on your evapotranspiration rate where the plants reside, you could water with plain water in between each Clearex treatment.

As I said, water alone won't resolve this no matter how much you put through the pot. The nutes will remain locked in the soil until an "anti-locking" agent is introduced. Thats where the Clearex comes in.

I strongly suggest that you don't waste any more time with things that won't help and go out and buy some NOW! ;)

I wish it were as easy as you are trying to make it sound. No local hydro shop garden center. Also having a job would help a lot. I am really trying not to bring to much of my personal life out here.

Please just know that I'm not blowing off what you are saying. I just don't have any other choice as of right now.

I wish it were as easy as you are trying to make it sound. No local hydro shop garden center. Also having a job would help a lot. I am really trying not to bring to much of my personal life out here.

Please just know that I'm not blowing off what you are saying. I just don't have any other choice as of right now.

I bought mine online cause I too don't have local access to it.

Ok then...I have offered all the help I can here, so good luck!

So I am able to locate some Clearex, but will not be able to get it until tomorrow afternoon.

Any advice on doing a flush with the Clearex.

So I am able to locate some Clearex, but will not be able to get it until tomorrow afternoon.

Any advice on doing a flush with the Clearex.

Great news HMG!! :thumb:

Its really easy.

Just add 15ml of Clearex per gallon of water, mix well and pH adjust it to 6.5 before applying to your soil. Be sure to use enough to get a pretty significant amount of runoff. You want to saturate the pot thoroughly, so I would say at least 2 gallons per plant.

Let that sit and do its thing for three to four days. Then, because of the special circumstances, I would repeat the same procedure again.

After that, you then want to do the exact same thing, but this time with just RO water. Ph adjusted if needed to between 6.5 and 7.0. Let the pot dry, and then begin reapplying your nutes in the normal proportions.

The flushing should release some of the nutes already in the soil, so your plants will be getting their much needed nutrition shortly after the first Clearex treatment.

Hope that helps and GOOD LUCK!! :) You will soon be on your way to healthy happy plants! :thumb:

Went to pick up clearex yesterday got there and all they had were gallon containers and they wanted $45.00 I thought that was a little to much, so I got a quart of Sledgehammer it was only $11.95 more in my budget at this time.

I ran 2 gallons through each plant last night, so we will see what happens.

Not seeing any improvements. So I guess the time has come to stop wasting my space and energy on plants that are too far gone.

Call this journal complete.

Really sorry to hear that HMG. Not familiar with Sledgehammer, but it is obvious that it isn't the same thing as what I recommended.

Sorry that we were not able to help you save your plants. Hopefully next time you can make sure to obtain this vital protection tool, or make some yourself for much less $$ in the event you ever encounter a soil issue like this again.

I hope that you can buy yourself some Dextrose to make your own flushing solution using the recipe contained in my journal. Any health food or wine/beer making supply shop will sell it. Its about 7 bucks for a large box that will last you for years.

:peace:

Really sorry to hear that HMG. Not familiar with Sledgehammer, but it is obvious that it isn't the same thing as what I recommended.

Sorry that we were not able to help you save your plants. Hopefully next time you can make sure to obtain this vital protection tool, or make some yourself for much less $$ in the event you ever encounter a soil issue like this again.

I hope that you can buy yourself some Dextrose to make your own flushing solution using the recipe contained in my journal. Any health food or wine/beer making supply shop will sell it. Its about 7 bucks for a large box that will last you for years.

:peace:

Here is a description for you.

Bushdoctor Sledgehammer is a unique rinse formula designed to remove excess fertilizer buildup and encourage water movement through soil and soilless mediums. Sledgehammer helps release surface tension in the soil which will allow optimal absorption of moisture and nutrition through the plant's root system. Derived from Saponin, an extract from Yucca, Sledgehammer is Organic and Natural and can be used both hydroponic and soil

Here is a description for you.

Bushdoctor Sledgehammer is a unique rinse formula designed to remove excess fertilizer buildup and encourage water movement through soil and soilless mediums. Sledgehammer helps release surface tension in the soil which will allow optimal absorption of moisture and nutrition through the plant's root system. Derived from Saponin, an extract from Yucca, Sledgehammer is Organic and Natural and can be used both hydroponic and soil

Hmmmm...

Not familiar with the active ingredient.

Clearex is a simple sugar formulation and thats all I have ever used. All I can say about it, is that it works for me. The same treatment I laid forth here saved my GDP plant that I just harvested last week. It was suffering from symptoms identical to what your plants were dealing with. Within 7 days, it had recovered enough that it once again began to ripen its buds and everything turned out well several weeks later with a respectable harvest.

Did you put some plain water through the pots after a few days?

Back
Top Bottom