Honey, I Think I Broke My Bag Seed - Grow Journal - 2014

Just a little update.

Decided to do some training before lights went off.
And tomorrow is going to be a flush time again.

5b6.JPG

5a5.JPG

why would you flush a plant that's not having issues? flushing is stressful on the soil microbes and the plant itself.

If b says don't flush, I'm not going to flush. It's just some burns appear from time to time from that hot soil. So I thought to keep flushing till those nutrients go away and stop burning her. But if you say Don't, then I won't and hope she get's over it.

I think she looks good. I would let her grow. once you start noticing some yellowing start a feeding schedule. feed, feed, water, feed, feed, water.

It would seem like I have run into a little problem. Noticed today that newest leaves are all light green, lighter then older leaves but at the same time older leaves are turning light green as well, starting from the edges to centre. Did some research and found that it could be N deficiency or pH problems. So I tested my water with pH test strips and it shows pH 7, then I tested run off water and it showed 5. Don't know how precise that is as they are test strips and the chart displays only 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 .... 14 (You get the idea).
Is it safe to assume it's pH problem? And what would be the best course of action to deal with this ?

It's definitely sounding like your ph is the cause mate, either that or over feeding. you need to get your ph down to 5.8 or 6. As ph is so important, you really need to invest in an electronic tester. Paper & drop testers are very vague & should only be used in emergencies really.
What I'd do is flush it with tap water to clear out any nutes & fetch your ph down.

Just ordered pH control kit from eBay, will arrive on Tuesday.
So far I have not added any nutes, only the ones that are already in my soil, to my water and I use only tap water that I let sit openly for 48h

Could I just buy mineral still water from shop with pH 8 something and flush it with that to get up the root zone pH levels ? Or that is just retarded idea lol

My bad sorry, with your ph at 7 I presumed it had nutes in. I've checked your journal & she has had a tough life so far. It could be stress and a complete guess here is that your light may be too close. Try putting her outside in the sunshine if you can for a few days & see if she improves.

I'm not overly experienced in your methods or your compost so I'm stabbing in the dark a bit when offering advice. Have a look at the nutrients & levels on the side of your bag and research their affect on cannabis. There maybe too much of something in there, I wish I could help more. I'd still pop her out in the sun though

I really doubt that my lights are too close (about 20 inches from canopy)
Maybe I'm just paranoid. Well, whatever happens will see tomorrow and days to come. It's not like there is anything I can do atm.
Maybe she even had too much of Nitrogen to begin with and is straitening out as time passes. I have been using same pH level water for a month and didn't have any issues with it.

Finale sun showed up and I put her on by the window. She will chill there for an hour and then it's sleeping time. I also picked 2 top leaves off to uncover the middle section and a pair from bottom ( Don't judge me xD ) But at this point it's about - How much can she take it from me till she decided ''I'm done with you dude''
6a5.JPG

6b5.JPG

There's something funny going on with your leaf texture & I'm still convinced your light may be too powerful. I think a 48x3 would be a better choice for your tent personally but I'm only guessing. It may be worth asking someone who's experienced with LED for advice, CO Finest, Buckshot & Crawdaddy are a few members that spring to mind. In the meantime, if you can, just do the window sill for the next couple days & see how she recovers.:peace:

I do have the 48x3 in my tent. I could adjust and increase the distance by few inches, I'll do that and see what happens.
Thanks Skunny

So did increase the distance to 24'' will let it go for a day tomorrow and observe if there are any changes, if not, I'll try to increase few inches more.

it's normal to have wrinkles in young leaves. I would not raise your light or your plant may stretch more than it has to. heat stress is indicated by "tacoing" leaves, or leaves that curl/fray upwards like hair does under heat.

Back
Top Bottom