Honey, I Think I Broke My Bag Seed - Grow Journal - 2014

Just checked online about soft/hard water and where I live we have soft water, explains calcium and magnesium abundance in tap water and so I ordered GHE Flora Grow, Bloom and Micro soft water triple pack. I also have ordered exhaust fan with carbon filter, arrival on Monday, so I hope I'm done with spending money for now.

soft water has those minerals "removed" so they don't cause lime in pipes like hard water does. hard water has more minerals in it.

grow, bloom, and micro should give you more than enough nutrients.

Hi dubstep im no expert but i think ur problem might be the soil ur using as ive used multi purpose compost like yours before and had problems. I now use soil plant magc plus soil with better results. As you know (spoke to you in another post) i also have a small tent set up, have u ever thought of growing autos helps with the height issues, my last was a white widow auto and i pulled bout 1 and a half oz in bout 10 weeks from seed.

I have though about autos but I still have 12 seeds in my fridge and I have spent more then enough money on this setup that I'll hold off on more seed buying atm. Maybe in near future.

I have though about autos but I still have 12 seeds in my fridge and I have spent more then enough money on this setup that I'll hold off on more seed buying atm. Maybe in near future.

Ok mate would be cool to see you do one in the future.

I know what you mean mate. I only buy max4 seeds at a time all different kinds. Ive only been growing about a year so far and as each grow passes the ladies look better but i still have a lot of problems with leaves going yellow but i think thats down to me using a 400w hps in a small space with comes along with the heat issues. Hope u dont mind me butting in on ur journal.

Of course I don't mind. Everyone are always welcome here with whatever topic they feel like talking about, ask or answer questions.
My 1st grow was in a PC case with cfl bulbs stealth mode but I didn't get the chance to fully finish flowering her due to moving from Latvia to UK. So I'm still considered very much a newb and upgrading my grow space and lights to something like I have now is a big deal for me. I feel like a kid in a candy store, ''I want this, no I want this, but maybe I want this? No, I want all of it'' :loopy:

Cool u moved to the uk im also in the uk and im also still like a kid in a candy shop lol like i said im only year in to growing and feel like im only breaking the surface on knowledge maybe we can learn from each others mistakes. I cant wait to go to led's though it be a intresting change.

Update time,
Yesterday I noticed roots sticking out of her pots bottom and figured I should re-pot her, but I also wanted to get rid of that shitty compost and replace it with light seedling soil mix with perlite. So I took her out of the small pot and washed off, with warm water, the compost, carefully without breaking any roots and put her in the new soil right before lights out. This morning she is still going strong, perked up and mocking me ''Is that all you got?''

I'll drop some pictures later today.

Peace :peace:

As promised, Pictures

Few hours after lights on I retied her the same way as she was before.
7a1.JPG

Oh, and there's a new girl on the block.
day125.JPG

She showed up over the night and when lights came on she was yellow and top facing sideways but after few hours with lights on she regained green colour and now and is pointing up

Ordered ebay, it doesn't have brand name or anything. Here's a description of it ''Our own special seed and cutting compost mix that we use on the nursery contains Irish fine grade sphagnum peat, base fertiliser, horticultural grade perlite and dolomite lime. This compost is ideal for all seeds and to use for cutting compost in pots or trays.'' When I asked they said it is also ideal for fertiliser sensitive seedlings.

Back
Top Bottom