Icemud Goes LED - Featuring Top LED Grow - Cherry Pie GSC/OGiesel/SFV OG/UVH OG

Re: Icemud Goes LED: Featuring Top LED Grow: Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel - SFV OG - UV

Hey man, I have been watching your vids and following your journals for quite a long time now, and i want to make the switch to LED lights, I was wondering in your opinion which of the mars II lights from top led, or the intelligent gro led lights were better as far as growth is concerned? Just that the intelligent gro lights are sooo expensive =(

Thanks man!

Hey Browns!! I appreciate you stopping by. I have to say I am very happy with the Mars II lights as you can see my plants are as well from the photos. Its too early to comment on the Intelligent-gro lights because I just got them about 1 week ago and so the plants haven't been long enough for me to be able to comment.

Here are things I can say..when comparing the 2 at this time.

-Top LED is cheaper cost.
-Intelligent Gro lights are much quieter
-Top LED lights run slightly cooler
-Intelligent Gro offers more LED wavelenghts present addressing more key points of photoreceptors
-Intelligent Gro allows you to customize your light spectrum output, and has dimming features to help save on electricity over Mars II which give you only 1 setting, either on or off.
-Intelligent-Gro uses lenses on their LEDs which result in a more direct, intense lighting with better blend of light.
-Intelligent-Gro lights are lighter than the Mars II (steel vs aluminum cases I believe)
-Top LED has great customer service, and I can't comment on Intelligent-gro because its a sponsored grow and I didn't go through the regular customer channel.
-Intelligent Gro (comparing the same wattage lights) seem to be much more intense and bright than the Top LED lights, now I didn't do par readings and plants do not see like people see, so I can't say that one gives better PAR value than another, but visually the Intelligent gro is brighter.

I wish I could give you a specific answer but since each grower has different reasons they purchase lighting, I can't. Hope this helps though. I honestly think either option would be a good buy.

Re: Icemud Goes LED: Featuring Top LED Grow: Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel - SFV OG - UV

great info Ice :thumb:

great info Ice :thumb:

Thank you Cronic!! Congrats you your Member of the Month winning! You definitely deserve it my friend!!

Quick update for flowering day 16...

I gave the girls a nice foliar spray of some t and J tea I have brewing, mixed 1:1 with R/O water.

I added a few drops of yucca extract,
5ml of adv nutr organic b,
5ml of adv nutr fulvic acid.
5ml of adv nut liquid carbo load

Other than that here are the pics for today...before the foliar

DSC087521.JPG
DSC087531.JPG
DSC087543.JPG
DSC087552.JPG
DSC087561.JPG

That is a lovely looking scrog my friends. And I think I will be using the bottles over the babies trick as my humidity is around 40% and wanted to get it up.
Looking very very nice, I love seeing what the pros can do with LEDS
:goodjob::high-five:

Always a pleasure stopping in and seeing your pics Ice
Happy Tokerday :thumb:

That is a lovely looking scrog my friends. And I think I will be using the bottles over the babies trick as my humidity is around 40% and wanted to get it up.
Looking very very nice, I love seeing what the pros can do with LEDS
:goodjob::high-five:

Thank you for stopping by HiddenKoncept!!! I use 2L bottles and cut the tops off and it works really well, just make sure to poke a few holes in the bottles to allow air exchange. I think I did 4 holes per bottle, just using a pair of scissors.

Thanks for the compliments, not a Pro yet, but getting their :)

Always a pleasure stopping in and seeing your pics Ice
Happy Tokerday :thumb:

Thanks Cronic!!! Always a pleasure to have ya!

Thank you for stopping by HiddenKoncept!!! I use 2L bottles and cut the tops off and it works really well, just make sure to poke a few holes in the bottles to allow air exchange. I think I did 4 holes per bottle, just using a pair of scissors.

Thanks for the compliments, not a Pro yet, but getting their :)

I have gotten lots of great info from your journal and your a pro in my eyes haha.

Think I will do the bottle trick as I cannot wait for my roots to make their way through the hydroton.

Happy weedsday icemud

Hay ice sorry it's been awhile since I've checked your grow out had some major trouble with the local PD and had deal with the legal ramifications from that... Things are looking great though still impressed with your setup wish it was mine

:bong:Happy Frieday Ice!!

Hay ice sorry it's been awhile since I've checked your grow out had some major trouble with the local PD and had deal with the legal ramifications from that... Things are looking great though still impressed with your setup wish it was mine

Hey woundedvet! I am glad that you are back and hope that things are ok with you despite your issues with the law... I've definitely had my share of run-ins with the law, so I feel your pain my friend. Glad to have you back!

looking greatotastic!!!!:rocker:

Hahahah Love the word!!! Thanks BID!!! Appreciathanksion!!!

Here is a quick update for Day 20 of flowering.

I gave the girls a foliar feeding today of Amaze, PGR, organic B, carboload and yucca extract.

I also gave them some plain r/o water, no additives or nutrients.

Here is the photos of the girls before foliar feeding and spraying.

DSC08766.JPG
DSC087671.JPG
DSC087681.JPG
DSC087691.JPG
DSC087701.JPG
DSC08771.JPG
DSC08773.JPG
DSC08774.JPG
DSC08775.JPG
DSC08776.JPG
DSC08777.JPG

Ice,

Sorry if I missed it if you mentioned it earlier, but are the Mars the full spectrum or just the flowering models?

And they have no specific veg/bloom switches like the reflectors do?

Back
Top Bottom