Icemud's 2018 Journal: Pine Tar Kush Pheno Hunt & More

might be to much N causing mag lock out and burnt tips. The bigger one looks fine, something strange going on with the one with shrived leaves. Maybe too hot soil? They should pull out of it with a good drench of Docs recover formula huh?

The one with shriveled leaves is a genetic issue, not plant health related as I noticed it even as soon as the seedling popped through the soil. It happens... My fire og x black cherry soda cross that I did a while back actually carried a similar trait to the progeny. The fire og parent had a weird leaf mutation which carried over to the progeny.

I'm not using Docs kit or formula so don't have any recover formula, but will address the Mg issue. Unfortunately its taken forever for the soil to dry out so I actually havent' watered them since they popped through the soil as seedlings, so haven't been able to address the issue yet... one of the issues of recycling soil as I do, the ratios and balances over time get way out of wack, so its hard to know with a new plant how it will react.

I will be giving them a good compost tea with added Magnesium Sulfate and Calcium Nitrate as their next feeding. It is quite odd though why the 1 plant looks so healthy but the others show deficiency... same soil too.. maybe that is my keeper pheno :) lol or maybe it will turn out to be a male or something.. lol.

I definitely love the smell they are giving off already, definitely promising..even if they aren't the Pine I am looking for, they smell like they will be very potent :)

IceMud you and I are on the same quest. I'll keep a close on this thread.

Sweet!

Excited for you!

So I'm sure by now if you followed along my journal, you are aware that those aren't "pine tar kush" but instead a strain called 79Xmasbud. I don't know the full step by step details but allegedly there was a guy on a different forum named NDNguy who had 79xmas bud and he gave out seeds to another guy to make more. Somehow in the process of making more seeds of 79xmas bud, some of the seeds were sent to Hazeman and somehow they were mislabeled or something as Pine Tar Kush but in fact are 79xmas bud.... supposedly... and some say its an old Affie :)

Either way I'm super stoked to be running something called xmas bud as that is what that piney strain I remember was called... I really hope its that Pine flavored goodness :)

I had good luck on the germs, 6 out of 8 total popped out of the soil. :)

They are now already starting to stink like skunky goodness :) I dont' really smell any deep profiles of terps yet other than skunky but boy do they reek!

Congrats on your new beans!!! I'm excited to see how they turn out for you. Will you be making seeds? or if you get a male will you be pollenating any of the plants?

I will for sure as I really would love to have a ton of these beans around to play with.

I was actually more excited when I heard that it might be 79' XMAS Bud as opposed to PTK.

Apparently, PTK has purple in it...the stuff I'm looking for..my 'Christmas Tree Sensimilla" had no purple whatsoever..bright neon green...fluffy Nugs of THEE best smiling Pine Christmas Tree I've ever smelt in my life. One little nug would fill the ENTIRE room with the scent...it was wonderful. I once bought an ounce of it, and it came sealed in a can. Only bud I've ever purchased that came sealed in a can. Just like RKS...you COULD NOT hide the smell...

So I'm hoping this is close to what I'm looking for, I mean we're looking. XMAS is what I WANT!!! I believe you, and I are talking about the same thing, and we got our hands on the same stuff way back in the day. I don't think people who haven't had it quite understand what we're talking about.

I want to make beans, but I've never collected never pollen before. I'm just a hobbysist doing this for my own personal joy, and it's only my 2nd year so I'm still learning as I go. I just dropped 6 PTK in a jar of water to soak...we'll see what happens.

I'm going to try to keep a male, and extract pollen. I just need to read up more on breeding. Not sure about collidial silver and some of these other concoctions work.

But Yes if this is the real deal Christmas Tree then I want to make sure I have a boatload of seeds for the future because this is my #1 strain of all time, only RKS comes close to matching it. I'm also on the hunt for RKS...but aren't we all.

I'll keep you posted and tag along...wont do a journal but I will chime in to let you know where I'm at...I'll be a month or two behind you.

I will be watching this thread closely!:Namaste:

I was actually more excited when I heard that it might be 79' XMAS Bud as opposed to PTK.

Apparently, PTK has purple in it...the stuff I'm looking for..my 'Christmas Tree Sensimilla" had no purple whatsoever..bright neon green...fluffy Nugs of THEE best smiling Pine Christmas Tree I've ever smelt in my life. One little nug would fill the ENTIRE room with the scent...it was wonderful. I once bought an ounce of it, and it came sealed in a can. Only bud I've ever purchased that came sealed in a can. Just like RKS...you COULD NOT hide the smell...

So I'm hoping this is close to what I'm looking for, I mean we're looking. XMAS is what I WANT!!! I believe you, and I are talking about the same thing, and we got our hands on the same stuff way back in the day. I don't think people who haven't had it quite understand what we're talking about.

I want to make beans, but I've never collected never pollen before. I'm just a hobbysist doing this for my own personal joy, and it's only my 2nd year so I'm still learning as I go. I just dropped 6 PTK in a jar of water to soak...we'll see what happens.

I'm going to try to keep a male, and extract pollen. I just need to read up more on breeding. Not sure about collidial silver and some of these other concoctions work.

But Yes if this is the real deal Christmas Tree then I want to make sure I have a boatload of seeds for the future because this is my #1 strain of all time, only RKS comes close to matching it. I'm also on the hunt for RKS...but aren't we all.

I'll keep you posted and tag along...wont do a journal but I will chime in to let you know where I'm at...I'll be a month or two behind you.

I will be watching this thread closely!:Namaste:

Wow... I am surprised you brought up the sealed in a can.... I remember that too. At the time I was still young so was only buying 1/8s and all, but I remember hearing about it coming in cans... wow... I always thought it maybe was just a rumor or something but now I know that in fact it did come in cans... Glad you mentioned that :)

I'm excited about the Xmas bud too :) I am really hoping its close if not the same strain I remember. I'm almost considering popping more beans just to have a good variety to make seeds with... lol

I definitely agree that we are talking about the same thing... and you are right, unless someone has had this specific strain, they wouldn't understand. I've seen a lot of others mention Pine/lemon or Pine fuel and I'm thinking "nope" it was just pine... :) very strong pine :)

I can't wait until my plants get older...wish there was a way to speed up the grow :) lol

I am excited about the xmasbud too, when I heard that, I was like wow... could this be it... the one :)

What is RKS by the way?

I saw that CSI had 24 females and 12 males out of the 36 they planted so I am hoping that out of the 6 I planted, I get 1 or 2 males... based on CSI's ratio.... but I am really contemplating putting 2 more in soil, just to make sure...LOL

I hear you on speeding it up! Growing takes a tremendous amount of patience, and work. You have to be vigilant...there is an art to I'm learning. I'm still dialing it in...I guess every grow is successful if you learn from it..that's the old adage.

RKS= RoadKill Skunk - Another strain that appears to have been bred into Oblivion. None of the skunk strains I've come across resembles anything close to the old school RKS.In terms of taste and smell RKS is right up there with Christmas Tree Sensimilla but it's skunk not pine. Absolutely wonderful....again...one nug will smell up the entire room.

I have some beans from Nature Farm's Genetics that are supposed to be the real deal but I won't be able to run them until next year since I am going with XMAS bud first. Hope this XMAS Bud is some goodness! I ended up with 4 packs of Hazeman's PTK. Keep me posted if you hear any other potential candidates. Coastal Seeds UFO (Romulan x NL1) is supposed to be the "Joe Pine" cut...but I can't verify this. Ended up with 1 pack of UFO.

Romulan...the pine cut appears to be another strain that has gone extinct. A shame how these wonderful strains get lost and breeded into oblivion.

I hear you on speeding it up! Growing takes a tremendous amount of patience, and work. You have to be vigilant...there is an art to I'm learning. I'm still dialing it in...I guess every grow is successful if you learn from it..that's the old adage.

RKS= RoadKill Skunk - Another strain that appears to have been bred into Oblivion. None of the skunk strains I've come across resembles anything close to the old school RKS.In terms of taste and smell RKS is right up there with Christmas Tree Sensimilla but it's skunk not pine. Absolutely wonderful....again...one nug will smell up the entire room.

I have some beans from Nature Farm's Genetics that are supposed to be the real deal but I won't be able to run them until next year since I am going with XMAS bud first. Hope this XMAS Bud is some goodness! I ended up with 4 packs of Hazeman's PTK. Keep me posted if you hear any other potential candidates. Coastal Seeds UFO (Romulan x NL1) is supposed to be the "Joe Pine" cut...but I can't verify this. Ended up with 1 pack of UFO.

Romulan...the pine cut appears to be another strain that has gone extinct. A shame how these wonderful strains get lost and breeded into oblivion.

funny you mention Romulan as I was just reading another forum thread about others "chasing pine flavor" too, and someone had also suggested a strain called Mighty Mite which is a Romulan from the 90s (Vancouver) which also supposedly tasted like pine. I've seen a few suppliers for Mighty Mite, however it seems that it has an autoflower trait which I am not to keen on as I only grow photos.

Yea I remember the old school skunks and yea, you are right, a tiny nug the size of a quarter would completely stink up a room. I remember back in the day having to wrap the nugs in multiple bags and tupperware cases to conceal the smell it was so potent :)

Ive seen a lot of 90's strains making a comeback lately though which is really odd... the original Indiana bubblegum is really starting to make a comeback... even CSI is working with it. I actually met one of the growers whos 3rd generation family had been the creaters of bubblegum... Makes me wish I would have asked for some beans.. That was a good one too, where the nugs tasted just like pink bubblegum...

I've also seen Juicy Fruit make a comeback too as its been popping up everywhere lately. I remember that strain from the 90's too as it tasted like Fruit stripes gum (also from the era)...lol

I am still looking around for someone with some Pine Tar Kush (Tom Hills version) that is willing to trade. I contacted CSI and they never got back to me about trading... There is another member of a different forum who made seeds of it but the stock is gone, and no date when they will be making more.

Hey Everyone!!!

Update time!

March 22, 2018...

So as of today, we are slightly over a month of these Pine Tar Kush aka '79 Xmas Bud plants in soil and so far they are looking great. The one plant with the mutant leaves and/or genetic defect has started to show some more uniform leaf formation and less discoloring so it seems to be correcting itself which is good :) glad I left it alone. I still will breed with it and grow it out, unless it turns out to be a male (and I have more than 1) in which then I will most likely destroy it because I don't want the odd genetic issues passing on to future seeds, however if it stays a female I will let it get pollenated, but then just mark the seeds so I know that those will be for personal exploration but not to give them out to anyone...

The plants still haven't been using much water yet, so I have only had to water them 1x other than when the seeds went into the ground which is nice, and it seems the Mg and K issues that were showing have now subsided and the plants seem to be growing very healthy which is great.

I did notice that the skunky smell that they had before has almost disappeared, and there is virtually no smell which is odd, so I am wondering if it is because I chanced them from a "blurple" light to a white/full spectrum light, or if its just because its a stage of growth... not sure.... anyhow I'm sure they smell will come back :)

Other than that, I decided to pop 2 more seeds just to have a good selection for the open pollen project, so they just cracked 5 days ago, were popped into soil, and now are tiny seedlings that have come through the ground. I've read a few places that some people were having germination issues with these seeds, however I have popped in total 10 seeds, 10 of 10 cracked in water, and when planted 8 of 10 sprouted which is a 80% germ rate which is actually very good. So not sure how others were getting bad results but in my case, the results were great :) (thanks Hazeman)

Other than that... I may be doing a seed project in a separate tent while these plants get more mature and much larger. Right now they are only about 12" tall if that... and before I breed them I would like to get them to about 3' tall, so I'm guessing at the rate they are growing I will need about 2 months, which is about perfect time to flower out my other tent and try doing a seed project, now that I have ordered Silver Thiosulfate, I should get better results than I did in the past with CS (colloidal silver). The plant that I most likely will be hitting will be trainwreck, as I have 2 of them mature right now and ready for breeding, and I will cross pollenate it with all the other strains in my possession currently.

Super excited to get these seed projects going :)

Here are some photos of the Pine Tar Kush aka '79 Xmas Bud.

Hi Icemud! I'm glad I stumbled on this journal, very interesting stuff. I actually do not remember the xmas tree bud thing but have seen lots of discussion in other journals, @TheGreenYeti comes to mind so if he doesn't get this alert I'll let him know about your journal. I am growing 2 CSI strains now and looking for photos of them I also stumbled across pics of the X as tree bud project they're working on, over at IG. My sweet pink stink is a bubble gum cross but my favorite plant I've ever grown (in progress) is Coked out Girl Scout, very big girl taking up more than 50% of my 4X4, early onset frost and delicious aromas! The SPS is very piney. Your mention of Romulan also peaked my interest because I grow for my GF who has lupus and she read it was a good strain for those with lupus.

Back in the day, for me mid 80's to early 90's, we called the mid grade bud B'sters because it came from BC. Top shelf was always, NL, Skunk, Hawaian Kona bud and a few others.

Anyhoo, I'll pull up a chair in the back and follow along if that's ok. I'm looking forward to this and hope you find what you're looking for!

:passitleft:

Hi Icemud! I'm glad I stumbled on this journal, very interesting stuff. I actually do not remember the xmas tree bud thing but have seen lots of discussion in other journals, @TheGreenYeti comes to mind so if he doesn't get this alert I'll let him know about your journal. I am growing 2 CSI strains now and looking for photos of them I also stumbled across pics of the X as tree bud project they're working on, over at IG. My sweet pink stink is a bubble gum cross but my favorite plant I've ever grown (in progress) is Coked out Girl Scout, very big girl taking up more than 50% of my 4X4, early onset frost and delicious aromas! The SPS is very piney. Your mention of Romulan also peaked my interest because I grow for my GF who has lupus and she read it was a good strain for those with lupus.

Back in the day, for me mid 80's to early 90's, we called the mid grade bud B'sters because it came from BC. Top shelf was always, NL, Skunk, Hawaian Kona bud and a few others.

Anyhoo, I'll pull up a chair in the back and follow along if that's ok. I'm looking forward to this and hope you find what you're looking for!

I think me and Icemud have discussed the christmas bud once or twice. I used to love it. i only saw it during 2 winters. I think it was about 2000 to 2002 some where in there. We always got commercial weed which is mersh or as Icemud explained it I guess mids. The christmas bud was probably the first seedless bud I came across and then it was the beesters oddly enough there ween. I smoked some northern lights during that period but only got to take a hit or two. I do not remember it being hairy but it was really piney and it was a little brighter than what we used to refer to as dollar bill green. Back when bills were green and not multi colored.

The last piney weed I had was something a buddies cousin grew outside from comemercial seeds actually. We were getting it for like 200 a zip at time, which was cheap for seedless outdoor then. We ended up calling it purple pine since it had that pine smell. It was nice but not as good as the christmas bud.

CSI does have some xmas bud crosses and they were supposed to do an open pollination of them as well. I think they had the same seed stock as you because at first they were talking about doing a PTK preservation project and then changed it to 79 xmas bud. But maybe they had some of each cuz I did still hear something about the PTK project too.

Hey Everyone!

Quick update!! Happy Easter Everyone!

Well things are moving along in the 79 Xmas Bud open pollen project and pheno hunt but still have about a month of veg to go. All of the other strains I will be crossing with Xmas Bud are now in soil and starting to spread their roots and I will be hitting each of my strains with whatever pollen is produced to not only create more Xmas Bud seeds but also crosses with my other strains too such as: gg4, private reserve og, skywalker og, ogiesel, black cherry soda, harlequin, mendo grape kush, GDP and trainwreck.

I am debating whether to whip up a batch of silver thiosulfate and start a feminized seed project while I wait for the other strains to mature, or if I should just focus on the Xmas Bud project so I will be deciding that this week. Overall I think I will most likely move forward with the fem seed project using STS because it will get me 1 step closer to reducing my strains I have on hand which is my whole goal and I have 2 plants ready to go for reversing: my trainwreck and my Private Reserve OG. These I may or may not show in the journal via photos but I may leak a few photos here and there.

Other than that, I decided to ask for my job back in the cannabis industry. I quite back in january due to being overworked, underpaid and very stressed, however, I was working for a really great group of people and really able to learn a ton while getting paid doing what I love so tomorrow I go back to my old job. I was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, meaning swallowing my pride and asking but I figured there is only 1 way to know and that is to put fear and worries behind me and just do it... and it worked out. I will be working as a complaince manager making sure our extraction lab and facility are completely by the book as well as doing the same for the distribution licenses so I will probably be very busy indulging in legal jargon and regulations, but its a challenge and I like challenges so lets get it on! haha. Anyhow wish me luck going back to my old gig.

Other than that the 79 Xmas Buds are doing great, The seedlings are taking quite a while to really pick up speed but they are finally getting to that point that any day now I know they will start taking off in growth. I have a total of 8 Xmas Buds going so hopefully I get at least 1 or 2 males and the rest being female, but at least 1 male is all I really want so I can get pollen and make crosses as well as F1's... well technically I guess they would be F3's being that the seeds I believe are already F2... but I will just say since its open pollen and not specifically narrowing down traits its fair to say these will most likely be F1's.

Speaking of today being easter...... Does anyone remember Bunny Bud? we used to get it in the spring time back in the day and it kind of tasted like sulfur, eggs, and peeps..... anyone remember that?

Here are the photos for today...

Yea I'm definitely familiar with TheGreenYeti... we have for sure crossed paths in the past here at the 420 mag... good dude for sure! Yea I saw that CSI is doing a open pollenation of the Xmas bud as well, same stuff that I have, well same source of the seeds pretty much. Someone said they also had the Tom Hill Pine Tar kush, which I also want, but I haven't been able to find any photos of it or mention on their page of it... The only place I have seen reproductions of the real PTK (tom hills) is by a guy named Verdant Green on another International cannabis forum... but they are gone and no word on when they will be making more beans. I'm looking though for the Tom Hill PTK so if anyone sees a source, please let me know.

Bubblegum... ah that brings back midwestern memories... that strain originated in Indiana... and years later, just a couple years ago I met a 3rd generation grower whos family was responsible for the creation of bubblegum back in the day... pretty cool on how its such a small world... unless you are looking for tom hills genetics.. LOL

Yea I had a Thin Mint Cookies for a while (still bummed I lost it) but it was definitely very flavorful, not so much pine but more of the skunky, hashy og type funk with hints of pine and lemon. I love growing cookies, as long as I don't top it more than 1x.. seems like cookies doesn't like being topped and seems to grow like a vine if topped too many times.. its odd, never seen another strain do that before.

I definitely want to see if I can find a source of the original Mighty Mite (romulan) as it seems many people also remember that being very piney too. Trainwreck is also very piney...but also has a lot of a lemon/lime type flavor too but would make an insteresting cross with some piney ogs like tahoe...

Anyhow still not getting much smell out of the Xmas bud plants yet, except a skunky sulfur match smell. Hopefully they get some pine to them in flowering, however from others that have grown it, i have seen mixed results of terpene profiles.

I think me and Icemud have discussed the christmas bud once or twice. I used to love it. i only saw it during 2 winters. I think it was about 2000 to 2002 some where in there. We always got commercial weed which is mersh or as Icemud explained it I guess mids. The christmas bud was probably the first seedless bud I came across and then it was the beesters oddly enough there ween. I smoked some northern lights during that period but only got to take a hit or two. I do not remember it being hairy but it was really piney and it was a little brighter than what we used to refer to as dollar bill green. Back when bills were green and not multi colored.

The last piney weed I had was something a buddies cousin grew outside from comemercial seeds actually. We were getting it for like 200 a zip at time, which was cheap for seedless outdoor then. We ended up calling it purple pine since it had that pine smell. It was nice but not as good as the christmas bud.

CSI does have some xmas bud crosses and they were supposed to do an open pollination of them as well. I think they had the same seed stock as you because at first they were talking about doing a PTK preservation project and then changed it to 79 xmas bud. But maybe they had some of each cuz I did still hear something about the PTK project too.

They probably got the seeds from the same source... but I also heard they will be doing Pine tar kush too... interesting to say the least. Yea the Xmas bud story is kind of hard to follow but supposedly there was a guy NDNGuy who had the plants/seeds of both Xmas Bud and also PTK... he gave beans to a guy named ChicagoJoe to do a reproduction run for seeds to expand the amount of seeds, Chicago Joe then gave the seeds from NDNguy to a guy named Doc or something as Chicagojoe I guess had to take his grow down or something... so then Doc was the one who did the reproduction and made more Xmas Bud Seeds... Somehow after this point Hazeman received beans from ChicagoJoe of the Xmas Bud but somehow they became mislabeled and Hazeman called them Pine Tar Kush instead of Xmas Bud... This is the story that I found on Thcfarm3r and seems to be true. I did write an email to Hazeman for clarification but didn't get a response from him so I assume that the story I read is true as I asked on the forum and they said that 100% certain that the PTK that hazeman has is Xmas bud.... so either way.. as long as I get some piney goodness, or at least a male to cross with some potential than I'm happy.... and will continue my search for that piney goodness :) I hope to find some Tom Hill stock of PTK, but being that its over 10 years old since it came out, its very unlikely but I will keep looking... even if I could get a clone I would be happy!

Yea really hope this Xmas Bud turns out to be what we both remember... because if that is the case... many people will be getting some early Xmas Presents :)

Good luck going back to the old job bud! It sure is hard to swallow our pride but I am glad you will be working with a group of people that you get along with. I have never heard of Bunny Bud. It sounds like someone had been getting Christmas Bud and decided to do a play on another holiday. I wish you luck with the search for the Pine Tar Kush. I have seen at least one breeder on IG claim to use it in some of their crosses.

Does your Trainwreck have herm issues? I have seen it mentioned many times that the Arcata cut, which tends to be the most circulated cut of it from what I have seen, is very unstable and herms really easily. I grew out Resrva Privadas Purple Trainwreck and it threw full blow clusters of male flowers at the bottom of the plant at week 5 going itno week 6. I was pretty disappointed with it.

This is sort of off topic but there are a few cuts i have searched for for quite a while with little luck. I have wanted the East Coast Sour Diesel since I first smoked it. Some of the best weed I have ever smoked hands down. I have looked to replace my Widow Berry I grew for years. I let it go when I started having issues with it after cloning it for about 5 years. I lost it once and was finally able to convince one of the people I passed it to to let me get it back. It was after that that I had issues with it. I passed it to 5 people and could only get one to give it back. One person lost it and another would have sold it back to me if I bought 6 cuts... Needless to say those people wont ever get anything I care about again. I have tried a few breeders versions of this cross hoping to find one similar and was disappointed both times.

Anyways long story short I wish you the best luck with finding what you are looking for bud. Here is to a successful open pollination!

Glad you got your old job back! I'm curious what you mean by grows like vines because I think I have that with my COGS, she has a lot of long thin stems and at day 40 I'm having to check em every day and tie up a couple branches to the supports. I only topped her once I think, gonna go back and check my notes though. My sps's both have very sturdy branches which I don't think will need any supports at all but I can tell I'm going to lose some more branches of the cogs in the next 3-4 weeks. Had a couple smaller ones fold over so clipped em.

Good luck going back to the old job bud! It sure is hard to swallow our pride but I am glad you will be working with a group of people that you get along with. I have never heard of Bunny Bud. It sounds like someone had been getting Christmas Bud and decided to do a play on another holiday. I wish you luck with the search for the Pine Tar Kush. I have seen at least one breeder on IG claim to use it in some of their crosses.

Does your Trainwreck have herm issues? I have seen it mentioned many times that the Arcata cut, which tends to be the most circulated cut of it from what I have seen, is very unstable and herms really easily. I grew out Resrva Privadas Purple Trainwreck and it threw full blow clusters of male flowers at the bottom of the plant at week 5 going itno week 6. I was pretty disappointed with it.

This is sort of off topic but there are a few cuts i have searched for for quite a while with little luck. I have wanted the East Coast Sour Diesel since I first smoked it. Some of the best weed I have ever smoked hands down. I have looked to replace my Widow Berry I grew for years. I let it go when I started having issues with it after cloning it for about 5 years. I lost it once and was finally able to convince one of the people I passed it to to let me get it back. It was after that that I had issues with it. I passed it to 5 people and could only get one to give it back. One person lost it and another would have sold it back to me if I bought 6 cuts... Needless to say those people wont ever get anything I care about again. I have tried a few breeders versions of this cross hoping to find one similar and was disappointed both times.

Anyways long story short I wish you the best luck with finding what you are looking for bud. Here is to a successful open pollination!

Yea I have searched and searched for Pine Tar Kush (the Tom Hill one) and no luck yet... but I will keep looking. I've literally been searching for this Piney Christmas Bud for years, so if the Xmas Bud doesn't turn out to be what I am looking for, then more searching I guess will be the result :) lol

I've never had any issues with the Trainwreck turning herm yet, and I have cloned/recloned it at least 4-5x now and so far its absolutely amazing, frosty, grows very easily but no herms... I'm not 100% certain I have the Arcata cut, but I know for a fact its the trainwreck I remember from about 10 years ago when I first moved to cali.. same exact taste (piney, lemon, almost 7up or ginger ale taste).

Yea I have run into a few people that want some ECSD... its a very sought after strain, but I havent' had it in probably 10 years. I know what you mean though as it is truly something special. I've personally never grown it but did run a strain called blue dragon which is a Blueberry x ECSD and it was definitely a really nice strain to run. Actually it was my very first grow ever, and also 1st grow here on 420 mag years ago...

Sucks that people wouldn't give you back the genetics that they wouldn't even have without you... Same reason that I am working on making seeds of all my genetics now... because I have lost a few killer strains that would be next to impossible to find again.. one was called Kali Kandy which was a cross of OG Kush and Chocolope and was probably the most delicious strain I have ever grown... tasted like sweet, sugary stanky og kush... was so delicious.. Another I lost was my thin mint cookies from when cookies first hit the scene years ago.. I'm sure its still around if I look for it but I can almost bet it wont be the same as I had...

I guess thats the fun in growing too, is finding that elite rare cut and holding on to it for years... but such a bummer when that same rare cut becomes extinct.

Glad you got your old job back! I'm curious what you mean by grows like vines because I think I have that with my COGS, she has a lot of long thin stems and at day 40 I'm having to check em every day and tie up a couple branches to the supports. I only topped her once I think, gonna go back and check my notes though. My sps's both have very sturdy branches which I don't think will need any supports at all but I can tell I'm going to lose some more branches of the cogs in the next 3-4 weeks. Had a couple smaller ones fold over so clipped em.

What I meant about cookies growing like a vine is that after topping it 2x or more, it seems to lose the concept of the direction up, and loses its ability to grow upwards towards the light, and instead seems to grow along the ground and need support or trellising. I've had this happen with forum cookies and also thin mints... you pretty much have to support it and tie it up because it just seems to forget which way is up.

Yea I have searched and searched for Pine Tar Kush (the Tom Hill one) and no luck yet... but I will keep looking. I've literally been searching for this Piney Christmas Bud for years, so if the Xmas Bud doesn't turn out to be what I am looking for, then more searching I guess will be the result :) lol

I've never had any issues with the Trainwreck turning herm yet, and I have cloned/recloned it at least 4-5x now and so far its absolutely amazing, frosty, grows very easily but no herms... I'm not 100% certain I have the Arcata cut, but I know for a fact its the trainwreck I remember from about 10 years ago when I first moved to cali.. same exact taste (piney, lemon, almost 7up or ginger ale taste).

Yea I have run into a few people that want some ECSD... its a very sought after strain, but I havent' had it in probably 10 years. I know what you mean though as it is truly something special. I've personally never grown it but did run a strain called blue dragon which is a Blueberry x ECSD and it was definitely a really nice strain to run. Actually it was my very first grow ever, and also 1st grow here on 420 mag years ago...

Sucks that people wouldn't give you back the genetics that they wouldn't even have without you... Same reason that I am working on making seeds of all my genetics now... because I have lost a few killer strains that would be next to impossible to find again.. one was called Kali Kandy which was a cross of OG Kush and Chocolope and was probably the most delicious strain I have ever grown... tasted like sweet, sugary stanky og kush... was so delicious.. Another I lost was my thin mint cookies from when cookies first hit the scene years ago.. I'm sure its still around if I look for it but I can almost bet it wont be the same as I had...

I guess thats the fun in growing too, is finding that elite rare cut and holding on to it for years... but such a bummer when that same rare cut becomes extinct.
That Kali Kandy and Blue Dragon both sound amazing. People Under the Stairs has ECSD S1s I believe and one day I may grab them. I am working on trying to find keeper cuts that could be considered elite. I rarely bring clones in due to having to many issues in the past. So for now there are very few outside strains that make it into my door. i have plenty of seeds now its just working my way through them to find what is worth keeping and getting rid of what is not. i am glad you do not have any issues with your trainwreck. i know the Arcata cut had enough issues that CSI would not breed with it and instead sought out another cut.

Back
Top Bottom