Icemud's Organic SCROG! Grow 3.0

I decided to dump my nutrient tea/mix from yesterday, I think I put too much epsom salt in it because I was not getting a good froth on top of the bubbling mix like usual, which I think means that a good bacterial feast is not happening. So rather than put something on my plants roots that is not harboring life, I decided to dump it and get a compost tea going...

So I mixed up 4 gallons of 0ppm R/O D/I water with:

1 nylon stuffed with my supersoil
20ml of humic acid
10ml of liquid carboload (sugars/carbs)
1tbsp of molasses
10ml of Earthjuice bloom 0-3-2 (added for soft rock phosphate) 1/2 amount
10 ml of Bioroot 1-1-1 (soft rock phosphate, brewers yeast)
1ml of bioweed (cold pressed seaweed)

1 spoonful of greensand

Immediately after mixing this up, the bubble's began to form, so I think I overdid the epsom salts.. I am going to feed the babies within the next 24-48 hours, and should be getting in the mail today my soft rock phosphate, gypsum, and lava sand :) so looks like they will be making it into the next feeding. :)

Other than taking care of my ladies, been fighting a really nasty cold/sore throat, but upped my vitamins, too some good antioxidants (garlic/ginger, astaxanthin, tumeric) and already within a day feel much better... :)

Glad you are feeling better Ice! The ladies should like your new tea!

Thanks TX!! yeah feeling about 70% today, which was way better than full blown fever and sick me the last 2 days... much appreciated :) going to keep up with the juice/liquids, vitamins and rest :)

Today is Day 13 Veg, April 5th...

I can't believe how fast the ladies are growing at this point, I am truly amazed at the combination of the Gas Lamp Routine and High Brix re-mineralization/foliar feeding. My girls every day have new fans and today have an amazing almost neon green look to the new growth, much more vivid than my last grows :)

Well Today I got some of my order to complete the High Brix Method. In arrives my soft rock phosphate and my garden gypsum...

I didn't know when I ordered, actually a surprise, but the soft rock phosphate actually has added benificial bacteria's included :)

DSC043581.JPG
DSC043591.JPG
DSC043601.JPG
DSC043611.JPG
DSC043621.JPG

Going by the ratio's that DocBud gave me, as well as the instruction's on the box I began to top dress my soil with the gypsum and soft rock phosphate. I am still waiting on my order of calcium carbonate and lava sand to arrive, so they will be added to the top of the soil as soon as in hand...

So Doc's ratio's were
6 parts limestone
5 parts Soft rock phosphate
3 parts gyspsum

And the box of soft rock phosphate said to add 2 tablespoons per 6" container and 8 tablespoons for a 12" container, so I decided to go with the smaller amount, after eyeballing it on the top of my soil, 2 tablespoons fills up a shotglass and cover's the top of each pot pretty well.

So sticking with the above ratio's I added
1 full shot glass of soft rock phosphate to each pot
3/5 a shot glass of gypsum per pot

the rest will be added when arrives...

This then was very gently mixed into the top 1" of my soil with a spoon.

I could always add more in this ratio if I went light, I just didn't want to overdo it and it seemed these amounts covered the soil pretty well :)

Here is the photo's of the girl's today

Full Tent Views..
DSC043631.JPG
DSC043641.JPG

Blackberry Kush
DSC043651.JPG

Platinum Bubba
DSC043661.JPG

Sour Bubble
DSC043671.JPG

Platinum Bubba
DSC043681.JPG

Silverback OG
DSC043691.JPG

Holy Grail OG
DSC043701.JPG

Ice where did you buy these most recent items? I think u mentioned they were shipped to you so I'm guessing you ordered online?

Ice where did you buy these most recent items? I think u mentioned they were shipped to you so I'm guessing you ordered online?

I ordered them on Amazon, since no stores locally carried them. Prices were pretty cheap.

Nice! I'm ordering my high brix kit tomorrow! Enough to feed 14 plants through the whole cycle and a tea brewer, I'm really excited for the produce I'm going to be growing.

Welcome to the High Brix Army!!! LOL I'm really happy that your giving it a try as well, I figure If mine can look half as good as Docbud's, then I'm doing somthing right :) lol I've been using my refractometer quite a bit on my fruits and veggies.... its good to know that my cherry tomato's are 6brix, which is on the high end for cherry tomato's..there damn sweet too :)

great strains BUD! can't wait to see these play out. I'm subbed :) :Namaste:

Thank's for joining Deege420!!! glad to have ya along for the grow, should be a very interesting one :)

Welcome to the High Brix Army!!! LOL I'm really happy that your giving it a try as well, I figure If mine can look half as good as Docbud's, then I'm doing somthing right :) lol I've been using my refractometer quite a bit on my fruits and veggies.... its good to know that my cherry tomato's are 6brix, which is on the high end for cherry tomato's..there damn sweet too :)

Nice! I was sold as soon as I saw a picture of a high brix tomato that was left at room temp and it looked better than anything you would buy at the store.

I think they left it for like 6 months and it was perfectly fine.

I've been reading that as well, most high brix produce will not rot, mold or start decomposing for many many months, vs a low brix food which will break down quickly.. :)

Im finally in this! been super busy lately. but I am going to try and follow along for this!

cheers and keep em green. be back soon to catch up!

Glad to have ya along for the journey shottafire!!! Cheers bro!!

Today is day 14 of Veg, Apr 6th,

My compost tea is sitting right at 6.4ph today, around 550ppm so the ladies are going to get there feeding today. I checked the delivery schedules for my calcium carbonate and lava sand and both are due to arrive today, so I am going to hold off feeding them until I can get those two amendments topdressed today. :)

As the light's came on today, I gave the girls there last blast of foliar spray from about a week ago, and today will be mixing up some compost tea at a 1:3 ratio with R/O water, for my next round of foliar sprays :)

I also will be adding my 600w HPS (running at 400w) to the daylight cycle. Since from what I have read, peak photosynthesis seems to occur from hour 5-9 of the daylight cycle before slowing ramping off, I will start out by introducing the additional 400w HPS 5 hours into the cycle, and only on for 2 hours to simulate the peak daylight intensity, also with the mixed spectrum will help create the right mid day spectrum for the ladies. As each 2 weeks go by in veg I will increase the HPS amount by 1 hour, until the ladies are receiveing about 5-6 hours of dual spectrum :)

Other than that, the grow is going amazing, the Gas Lamp Routine is showing its explosive growth, and the High Brix Method is really showing some healthy leaf formations :)

Here are today's photo's.

Full Tent views
DSC04371.JPG
DSC043781.JPG

Sour Bubble (BOG)
DSC04372.JPG

Silverback OG
DSC043731.JPG

Holy Grail OG
DSC04374.JPG

Platinum Bubba
DSC043751.JPG

Blackberry Kush
DSC043761.JPG

Platinum Bubba
DSC043771.JPG

Well just got my Calcium Carbonate, and gave the ladies a top dressing. I gave each plant 1 shotglass of Calcium Carbonate each, plus a slight spoonful to give the proper ratio's of 6-5-3 that was recommended by Docbud. I hope that I gave the proper amount's of each, going off the label on the soft rock phosphate and improvising from there... I guess I will know after feeding them and watching the growth and leaves the next few days.

Still waiting on my lava sand which should be arriving shortly today, and then the girls will get there watering :)

Here are some photo's of the Calcium carbonate and top dressing

DSC043821.JPG
DSC043801.JPG
DSC04379.JPG

Back
Top Bottom