InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Anyone who missed Tuesday's nues, it's back here!

Don't wake anyone up for this! It's just a moment of curiosity that you can check on anytime before you close all your journals. :cheesygrinsmiley:
It’ll have to be when I close the Solo grow. 8-9 weeks. Checked and its gone.

When you keep those plants in solos for months do you feed them or just give them plain water?

BTW, your autos look quite nice! :Rasta:

They get the full veg nutes, which is 4.5g/gal MC. I'm sure they'd be brown in a week on plain water. :)
How do you think they would do on a half dose of veg nutes?

I'm just curious, not trying to be a dope! (Though I suspect this may be my second dumb question in a row. 🙂)

Tuesday update! Been a while though not much has changed. Still fighting the PM (mostly on the Ruby Tuesday auto) and still flowering totally indoors. :)

So here are some pics of the happenings in my garden, starting with a SaugaView® of the tent:

From left to right, Queen G auto, day 58:

Queen G auto 2, day 50:

And the aforementioned Ruby Tuesday auto, day 61:

There are a lot of short interior flowers that I'm going to take off tonight because they're not getting light or air and I'd rather have a smaller harvest than worry about what might happen in there. If this were an outside plant none of that stuff would even be there, but I was treading more gently on this grow.

Moving on to everyone's favorite activity...culling!

Wave goodbye to my three 31" tall Grandpa's Moonshine clones that have been in solo cups for 125 days:

For the record, they are completely unpruned, they've been getting watered at least 2x/day (3x when it was hot) and have lost about 4 leaves total. Healthy but unneeded and taking up a lot of space on the desk.

I like to slice the root balls open on these to show what @Cola Monster and I have both found, which is that these are not root bound even though they look like this from the outside:

When you cut them open, the roots have all grown around the outside of the cup, while the soil is not root bound at all:

That's how they can look so healthy if they're watered often enough.

Anyway, that's all from me today! I hope the weekend treated you well and that next weekend is already looming large on the distant horizon. 🔭

Thanks for stopping by!
lost without words...

How do you think they would do on a half dose of veg nutes? I'm just curious, not trying to be a dope! (Though I suspect this may be my second dumb question in a row
No dumb questions sir! Without having tried it I would imagine they would do as well as any vegging plant at half strength nutes, or not as well as full strength. I don't see a difference between these clones, my Candida mother plant, and any plant you're keeping in veg while you wait to flip. None have seemed over fed, so I figure they would look underfed if I were to give them less!

Even my three little Candida clones in the solo cups are getting 4.5g/gallon now.
lost without words...
Thanks Mark! I hope I can keep them going through harvest, first time in a tent. ⛺ It does get pretty damp in there when they get watered, so the PM battle continues.

The last few posts have me singing in my head the Toby Keith song....red solo cups, I fill you up, it's time to party:)
No need to stick to red

I have about half a dozen more colours. I’m seeking help for this affliction. 😂

IMG_0278.jpeg

The last few posts have me singing in my head the Toby Keith song....red solo cups, I fill you up, it's time to party
Speaking of red solo cups, here's an update of the Candida clones yesterday morning:

And what's left of the mother plant:

I'll take some more cuttings off it and then trash it once I see a cup-full of roots on the clones.

And as I said I would, I took off some of the pale inside lower growth on the Ruby Tuesday auto, day 62 and I believe around 34 days since pistils:

I washed it, pulled off the fans, and I'm leaving it to dry for some really early green testers. :cough:

And if you want to see the bread I baked this past weekend, it's here.

Carry on!

Quotes:
The best way to close out all my journals being to start just one more waffer thiin journal…Canuk…
Srsly? You're never getting the hell out of here are you?
I’m seeking help for this affliction
Save your money as I'm guessing it's untreatable. 🩺
How interesting it is that those solo plants grow so normally if you give them enough care! Cool note!
Sure seems like it, and with an auto water system they might have outlived us all. ⏳
How bout those autos! Like they're happy to see you, all at attention and thickening!!
Thanks Otter, and sticky and stinky too!
The Autos look good / what are you running the light schedule on 18/6 ?
I've got it on 24/0 since I need the heat from the driver. I've compensated by lowering the wattage to keep it from getting more light that it needs.
Glad Mr Monster cut one of the solos open and you followed show what we really know when you boil down to it .
To be honest, I asked CM to cut his open to see if they looked like mine. :)
Beautiful long colas on this auto.
I know right? Not bad for indoors I think.
Wow, that was a lot of desk space those were taking up! I would have gotten tired of working around them long before now.
Luckily I could still reach the mouse and keyboard. ;)

I've got it on 24/0 since I need the heat from the driver. I've compensated by lowering the wattage to keep it from getting more light that it needs.
How long do you keep it at 24? I was thinking of seeing if I can get my new Autos to grow 24/0 the entire time if it's possible...I would need another heater otherwise and the light is doing a perfect job of keeping it between 73-76 day and night so far.

Those autos are looking killer Shed!! I wonder if the pm is liking the one girl cause she's such a chunky monkey?? I dunno. Beautiful either way!! Happy 🐪 day buddy!! 😎✌️🎸

How long do you keep it at 24? I was thinking of seeing if I can get my new Autos to grow 24/0 the entire time if it's possible...I would need another heater otherwise and the light is doing a perfect job of keeping it between 73-76 day and night so far.
They've been at 24/0 since they were born and will be until harvest. If it were in the 70s in the house I might go with higher wattage and 18/6, but the heat is really helpful with the house in the low to mid 60s this time of year.
Those autos are looking killer Shed!! I wonder if the pm is liking the one girl cause she's such a chunky monkey?? I dunno. Beautiful either way!! Happy 🐪 day buddy!!
Thanks Scottay, and that PM likes the chunky monkeys as well as the skinny minis! This weekend I'm going to spray the entire outside garden with neem and see if that helps at all.

Highya ITS,

Great looking group of ladies you have there!! They all have some gorgeous buds. Ruby Tuesday is getting quite fat with buds and trichomes!! So pretty! I wanted to mention about the red petioles on the Queen G autos. Sometimes that means a phosphorus deficiency. It could mean just a trait in her genes. Krissi used to get that, and think its a genetic trait. Her buds looked good, as yours do. So, maybe it's not a deficiency. Buds look very nice and getting fat, so probably not a problem. With the yellowing on lower fans, could it be missing a little calciunm or do you suspect it's nitrogen. Last year I had that in an outdoor SIP. Wasn't sure, so I supplemented with some of both. Slowed down the yellowing, anyways. Great job with your autos!! Happy Smokin'

Great looking group of ladies you have there!! They all have some gorgeous buds. Ruby Tuesday is getting quite fat with buds and trichomes!! So pretty! I wanted to mention about the red petioles on the Queen G autos. Sometimes that means a phosphorus deficiency. It could mean just a trait in her genes. Krissi used to get that, and think its a genetic trait. Her buds looked good, as yours do. So, maybe it's not a deficiency. Buds look very nice and getting fat, so probably not a problem. Great job with your autos!!
Thanks Bode! I'd have to check with @Justin Goody to see if his show the red petioles since these are his creations, but I'm hoping it's genetic. I'd rather not have to start mixing separate bottles for the RTa and QGa.
With the yellowing on lower fans, could it be missing a little calciunm or do you suspect it's nitrogen. Last year I had that in an outdoor SIP. Wasn't sure, so I supplemented with some of both. Slowed down the yellowing, anyways. Happy Smokin'
I always manage to have nice green plants in veg and yellowing lowers in flower, to the extent I think it's the way to tell my plants from the rest! I've tried bumping various elements in the past and never found the answer, so I've stopped looking for one to be honest. Losing those lowers hasn't seemed to taken much of a toll on outside harvests that I can tell (this is the first time completely inside though), which is probably why I'm done worrying about it.

I agree, it doesn't seem to detrimental in the production of top shelf buds!! Happy Smokin'

Back
Top Bottom