InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Good info! I don't think I realized the bite was this issue with the heated resin vape carts. I thought it was more that they would clog before you could use it all up.

I honestly don't trust terp juice (terpenes aren't liquid after all so there's some carrier in there), and if I can't reproduce a live resin cart (resin-only) I can't see the value in going through the process.

I won an Cipher Nova which I'm really looking forward to seeing how it performs. I haven't seen an official 420 review here yet.
Yeah, and over .5ml size carts did become hard to finish. It was different for different cultivars.
You're correct to distrust. I'm not sure how often I hit these. Not every day like my flower vapes so I'm taking my chances. E nails like the Ispire daab are still the perfect hit for rosen imo. It's just a little more complicated than picking up a pen and hitting it.
That cutting edge Nova is a cool tool! I'm looking forward to your family's thought :D on it!

I hope the kitchen is moving along for you and the fam.

Carmen, if you look in my journal you will see the smaller oil filled heaters I bout for my tents. They are 750:watt and maybe 12” tall. You could likely put one on your table right between the plants…just a thought.
Thanks Boo. I will go take a look now. That sounds like it could potentially work.

6 weeks of destruction/construction in my kitchen I don’t think I could bare the anxiety that would put me through. I would be in a constant cloud of smoke and the help would be worthless from the contact high.
:lot-o-toke:

Carmen, if you look in my journal you will see the smaller oil filled heaters I bout for my tents. They are 750:watt and maybe 12” tall. You could likely put one on your table right between the plants…just a thought.
Thank Boo. That looks like a good option.
Def. Oil burner for the sake of not running your power bill out of site ,, if you have a ceiling fan pushing down on low works good with them ( depending on how cool it is in the room )
Thanks SB. I don't have a ceiling fan. I have a stand up room fan which is a couple of meters from them and circulating. I'm glad to know that the oil heater will be better on my pocket than the one I have which is a radiant bar heater that eats kWh like there is no tomorrow. No ways I could run that one for any length of time.
6 weeks of destruction/construction in my kitchen I don’t think I could bare the anxiety that would put me through. I would be in a constant cloud of smoke and the help would be worthless from the contact high.
:lot-o-toke:
I agree Nev. It gives me anxiety just thinking about it after my shower job!
Shed, I hope it isn't a horrible experience and that the people get the job done fast and well.

I've just discovered an ant (potentially aphid) situation on my SK which is giving me anxiety! Got to go over my notes of what to do when the plants are in bloom!

Yeah all depends your airways. I’m playing with my dehumidifier in/out at the moment. Its similar stuff.

This is totally different to my own rooms because I m have AC’s and Dehumidifiers but its same/same but different @Carmen Ray

If you have up to say a 4x8 tent in a room used for another purpose as well as for growing. You want to get reasonably humid air into that tent evenly at budget energy cost?

I’m gonna assume you have an inline fan for extraction, probably a carbon filter? Not that it matters. Some swing fans inside. Put that upstairs to vent and it will naturally pull air in through a length of 4/6/8” duct pipe you have already added two 90 degree bends in to make sure you ain’t getting unwanted lights and hermies.

Sure warm air rises and your natural flow vent system draws in at the bottom, pushes out at the top so not perfect convection but with the 7 fin jobby running you don’t care too much - warm room and warm tent.

Plus you don't need a 1300W lump of heater in the same space as your plants. With like fire and is that an orange light I need to tape over so I don’t hermie my plants worries!

Chillax on the couch and watch a movie in your nice warm room and check on your plants lots!

Nick

Sorry just to add - my guess is at 1500w small room, you’re gonna start thinking about a timer. The thermos on them are decent but it will get too hot over night on lowest settings. You’ll want to run it like 6am to 12pm then top up 6pm to Midnight on 20% lowest setting.

My guess. Assuming say a 3x4m total room size.

Friday finally time to plant the Candida perlite cuttings after 6+weeks update!

Not much but enough:

All done:

Moving on to Carmen's heating question, here is the wattage draw of my 6 fin oil heater on the first of three switch positions:

I had it on for 9 hours and 20 minutes:

And it pulled a total of 1.44 kilowatt hours:

That's pretty cheap, and the reason is was because it was the equivalent of a 155w light bulb for that long, calculated here:

Finally, here are the tent temps:

I'd prefer 65º for the low so I'll probably turn the thermostat up on it a bit, which has been pretty close to the lowest setting. I don't know the room temp overnight but I'm sure it was 60º or below in there.

Quotes:
I 100% agree. The 7 fin 1500W jobby is more than enough. The beauty of it is you can put it anywhere in the room and will heat the whole space.
The heaters yeah what Shed said. When you start getting ones that move they are probably about as big as one you can leave in the corner the other side of the room and forget about.
In HK we put away our dehumidifiers in October and in November dust off the rads and put them in place of them until Spring 😅
Thanks Nick!
Yeah, and over .5ml size carts did become hard to finish. It was different for different cultivars.
You're correct to distrust. I'm not sure how often I hit these. Not every day like my flower vapes so I'm taking my chances. E nails like the Ispire daab are still the perfect hit for rosen imo. It's just a little more complicated than picking up a pen and hitting it.
That cutting edge Nova is a cool tool! I'm looking forward to your family's thought on it!
I will certainly let you know when I get it! And I will probably give up the whole live resin cart quest given all it would take for me to start it up again. Or at least I'll put it off for retirement. ;)
I hope the kitchen is moving along for you and the fam.
Thank you Otter! Unlike Nev's, ours isn't going too bad (so far...).
7 Fin it is Tyvm!
:thumb:
:thanks: Boo!
Def. Oil burner for the sake of not running your power bill out of site ,, if you have a ceiling fan pushing down on low works good with them ( depending on how cool it is in the room )
Good idea sb! Even an oscillating fan near it would help distribute the heat better. Luckily I have mine outside the tent on the right, and the fan on top is set for intake to pull the heat in from the ceiling. Carmen won't have that so an oscillating fan will help some.
Nice Pics Shed, got my mouth watering lookin at those flowering ladies!
Thanks Age! You'll be there soon enough.
Oof sorry about that Nev! I was more stressed before it started than I am now, probably because progress is being made every day. :slide:
Thanks SB. I don't have a ceiling fan. I have a stand up room fan which is a couple of meters from them and circulating. I'm glad to know that the oil heater will be better on my pocket than the one I have which is a radiant bar heater that eats kWh like there is no tomorrow. No ways I could run that one for any length of time.
Stand up fan will help, and if it's angle-able and the room seems warmer when you stand up, aim it at the ceiling.
I agree Nev. It gives me anxiety just thinking about it after my shower job!
Shed, I hope it isn't a horrible experience and that the people get the job done fast and well.
So far so good! All fixes have been applied and the change orders aren't out of hand yet, though we did just add painting the dining room because of the damage to some of the walls around the switches.
I've just discovered an ant (potentially aphid) situation on my SK which is giving me anxiety! Got to go over my notes of what to do when the plants are in bloom!
Asked and answered in your thread. :)
If you have up to say a 4x8 tent in a room used for another purpose as well as for growing. You want to get reasonably humid air into that tent evenly at budget energy cost?

I’m gonna assume you have an inline fan for extraction, probably a carbon filter? Not that it matters. Some swing fans inside. Put that upstairs vents and it will naturally pull air in through a length of 4/6/8” duct pipe you hsve already added teo 90 degree bends in to make sure you ain’t getting unwanted lights and hermies.
Good suggestions, but Carmen is growing on a table in her dining room!
Sorry just to add - my guess is at 1500w small room, you’re gonna start thinking about a timer. The thermos on them are decent but it will get too hot over night on lowest settings. You’ll want to run it like 6am to 12pm then top up 6pm to Midnight on 20% lowest setting.
Mine seems to do alright at low settings (see above), but I'm sure every model's thermostat is different.

Shed, sorry about that. I posted a response to Nick at the time you posted and mine bombed yours. I moved it.
Thank you for doing this for me. It answers a few questions.
I had it on for 9 hours and 20 minutes:

And it pulled a total of 1.44 kilowatt hours:

That's pretty cheap, and the reason is was because it was the equivalent of a 155w light bulb for that long, calculated here:

I'd prefer 65º for the low so I'll probably turn the thermostat up on it a bit, which has been pretty close to the lowest setting. I don't know the room temp overnight but I'm sure it was 60º or below in there.

Sounds like what i need now for my neck from reading LOL Friend of mine called this morn. and said that he heard on radio news that they legalized medical here in North Carolina, any body hear this , i can't find nothing up to date ?
It would appear to be decriminalized...

Good evening InTheShed! Sorry it’s been a while, doc had me under a knife and I just got out of the hospital. I’m actually very hopeful though, when I complete my physical therapy I will be able to use a Walker pretty efficiently!!! Even better, I’ll be able to transport myself without a Walker if it’s a very short distance, example: sitting down and getting up from the couch, making a bowl of cereal in the kitchen, unzipping my tent and lookin at my plants!
:D the possibilities are endless, and I feel like the experience I have here with everyone plays a big role in that spirit that keeps me going! <3
Have a great day’

Good evening InTheShed! Sorry it’s been a while, doc had me under a knife and I just got out of the hospital. I’m actually very hopeful though, when I complete my physical therapy I will be able to use a Walker pretty efficiently!!! Even better, I’ll be able to transport myself without a Walker if it’s a very short distance, example: sitting down and getting up from the couch, making a bowl of cereal in the kitchen, unzipping my tent and lookin at my plants!
:D the possibilities are endless, and I feel like the experience I have here with everyone plays a big role in that spirit that keeps me going! <3
Have a great day’
I'm Robin. Yes, the possibilities are indeed endless...

Shed, sorry about that. I posted a response to Nick at the time you posted and mine bombed yours. I moved it.
Thank you for doing this for me. It answers a few questions.
Glad to help!
It would appear to be decriminalized...

Thanks stardawg, and kinda, but not sure I'd want to get caught there!

Possession​

PenaltyIncarcerationMax. Fine

Personal Use​

0.5 oz or lessMisdemeanorN/A$ 200
0.5 - 1.5 ozMisdemeanor1 - 45 days$ 1,000

Cultivation​

Less than 10 lbsFelony3 - 8 months$ 1,000

Oof!

the possibilities are endless, and I feel like the experience I have here with everyone plays a big role in that spirit that keeps me going! <3
Have a great day’
:ciao: him! Nice to hear your surgery was an ongoing success and your prognosis is good...which is really the best news we can get around here. And your list of doable activities sounds like a much better way to be!

I'm glad we can all be part of your healing process. :green_heart:

I'm Robin. Yes, the possibilities are indeed endless...
Yes. Yes they are.

Back
Top Bottom