J.J.'s Everything Your'e Not Supposed to do During a Grow Journal

Re: J.J.'s Everything your not supposed to do during a grow Journal

Thanks GG! I must have taken a dozen pics before I finally found the honey spot!

Trichs are still mostly clear, got a few cloudy heads in there, but not a lot.

I need to go check on the girls and see how damp the soil is.

Hi there! thought I would pop in and see how your doing. I read your starting page and just kind of went touch and go to here. I dry in big brown paper bags and it works good if you do it right.

What kind of high are you looking for from your girls? To really see the trichs you need to look closer. Radio Shack has a $19 Microscope that will do the the trick. It will let you see a different world. Looking at trichs is my favorite part of growing. If you get one and need help, just say so.
If you want an ass kicking high go with 50% Amber trichs. That is what I do, I want the best high the plant can give. If you chop before that point your cheating yourself. imho.

Sorry to just jump in here, I saw your post in BlueDog's Journal and thought I would look in on you. Hope you don't mind.;)

Thanks OMM!

Thanks for popping in! Of Course I don't mind you stopping by!

I do know about the pocket Microscope, its just a LONG drive into the city to get one. I live in the middle of no where in CO, and we don't go to the city often. So I've been using my camera on Macro mode to check out trichs.

I'm going to go for 1/3 amber on my girls. I like an energetic heady high, and not so much couchlocked. I'm probably going to use most of the plants for edibles for my hubby. Our dispensary can't sell edibles anymore because they aren't licensed for it. Stupid new laws...

Again, thanks for stopping by OMM! Feel free to jump in at any time!

Talked to the old man, I told him I need the pocket microscope, and he said he'd pick me up one this week.

Also on my pics, I can't upload the full sized photos here, they have to be under a MB, so I have to crop and resize a lot. I can see the trichs a lot better on my computer with my graphics editing software.

I also have acquired a cabinet, I'm going to use that to dry my crop, in my grow area. I haven't measured it, but it will fit in the spot I have in my grow room. When I am done drying my girls, it's going to be for clones and sexing plants. I am going to light proof it, and either paint it white, or get some mylar for it. I need a couple more lights as well. But I am just going to get some more trouble light ballasts and use those...

My next grow is just going to be bagseed. I have a bunch of seeds I've been saving. They are relatively fresh, as in no older than 6 months old. Stored in a dark place. I am building my wish list on Amazon for soil, nutes, meters, etc. As soon as I have some extra cash, I am going to get serious about growing. Our dispensary can no longer sell edibles, so I am just going to grow some personal grows specifically for edibles. This site has a LOT of recipes I can use.

Going to go read the DIY forum for some ideas for that cabinet.

Hey Hey,

Love the shots Your getting! My trick to good tric shots is if you can get a really good close up, Zoom in while in picture viewer. then While you have an awesome imagine of the zoomed in trics take a screen shot and paste into paint. then you cut out the part you want to show and then open a new paint and paste. Save and share!

Keep up the good work!

Just paid $12 for mine there a week or two ago. Love it.

I might go into town tomorrow and see if our podunk Radio Shack has one in stock.

If not, I'll have to order that online...

Hey Hey,

Love the shots Your getting! My trick to good tric shots is if you can get a really good close up, Zoom in while in picture viewer. then While you have an awesome imagine of the zoomed in trics take a screen shot and paste into paint. then you cut out the part you want to show and then open a new paint and paste. Save and share!

Keep up the good work!

I use Paint Shop Pro, but yea, I follow. I can zoom and crop with it, it just takes some time. I was showing the trich shots to my hubby, and he said it was like looking at an alien life form. Backed out of the zoom and he said, is that ours? I said yup!

I'm going to take some more pics tomorrow. Both with and without the tripod assist. Shaky hands suck...

BTW now that I have asked the question about drying in an arid environment, it's been raining like crazy here. RH is above 50, and right now it's raining so its 100%!

For Chrome. ;)

Dsc02772trizoom.jpg

Dsc02767trizoom.jpg

Dsc02765trizoom.jpg

I'm seeing some amber :cheer:

For Chrome. ;)

Dsc02772trizoom.jpg

Dsc02767trizoom.jpg

Dsc02765trizoom.jpg

I'm seeing some amber :cheer:

Nice pictures. That's the way to do it! Ahhh, you have better eyes than me. I see no amber. But my old eyes miss allot. :smokin:

Just gave you +reps for all your efforts. You deserve them :blunt:

BTW now that I have asked the question about drying in an arid environment, it's been raining like crazy here. RH is above 50, and right now it's raining so its 100%

I live with high RH all the time. It's 10 pm and it's 85 degrees and 55 RH. You'll be OK. I still dry is paper bags so don't worry to much about it.

Is your Hermie just a hermie seed or is it throwing off balls? I'm a bit confused about that.

Loved your hubby's reaction to the tricks. :Rasta:

Nice pictures. That's the way to do it! Ahhh, you have better eyes than me. I see no amber. But my old eyes miss allot. :smokin:

Just gave you +reps for all your efforts. You deserve them :blunt:

I live with high RH all the time. It's 10 pm and it's 85 degrees and 55 RH. You'll be OK. I still dry is paper bags so don't worry to much about it.

Is your Hermie just a hermie seed or is it throwing off balls? I'm a bit confused about that.

Loved your hubby's reaction to the tricks. :Rasta:

I don't know if it was a hermi seed, or if stress caused it to go hermi. But I picked off most of the balls while it was producing them. Then once I got all of those off, I started picking bananas off of her. It's mostly female, and there are just maybe 4 or 5 spots that developed seed pods.

The amber is on Hermi, and I think the last trich pic is a bit blurry, but I do see some amber trichs on her.

Thank you for the +Reps.

Went and did an inspection. What I thought were amber trichs, were in fact an amber hair, so I am still looking to harvest in the next two weeks+???

I'm going to do a water flush in a few days, and I'm wondering when to stop the nutes? I've read people stop 2 weeks prior, and some don't stop at all??? Oy....

Ok, I still have some time, so I am going to research a way to take the dank green taste out of edibles. I also need to figure out a dosage for my hubby. If he gets an edible with too much in it, he feels like he is falling.... So I have to balance it out right for him. He's a lightweight when it comes to this, so a little goes a long way with him.

Wow! very nice camera work. Though I'm not seeing any amber tric's my self. Mostly clear still. I'd say you still looking at about 3 weeks for a nice uppity high. Little longer for more body buzz.. Though I could be wrong on that time scale. Dont quote me*..

Quoting chrome may result in swarms of Velociraptors surrounding your house.

Wow! very nice camera work. Though I'm not seeing any amber tric's my self. Mostly clear still. I'd say you still looking at about 3 weeks for a nice uppity high. Little longer for more body buzz.. Though I could be wrong on that time scale. Dont quote me*..

Quoting chrome may result in swarms of Velociraptors surrounding your house.

LOL, love the subtext!

I go for the uppity high, because I have a shit ton of things that I need to do around the house, like housework, laundry, and a few extra things that generally the old man does, because he walks with crutches. If I could get away with it, I would be couchlocked all the time, but I just can't and still be able to do the things I need to do.

I'll keep checking. Probably going to get my pocket scope tomorrow.

I took more pics. I'll post them shortly.

Dsc02777sm.jpg

Dsc02779sm.jpg

Dsc02780sm.jpg

Dsc02782sm.jpg

Dsc02784sm.jpg

Dsc02785sm.jpg

Dsc02788sm.jpg

Dsc02793sm.jpg

Dsc02792sm.jpg

Dsc02795sm.jpg

Dsc02797sm.jpg

Dsc02798sm.jpg

Dsc02799sm.jpg

Dsc02801sm.jpg

I'll crop money shots and post those later...

+reps for the always awesome photos:nicethread:
I see a few that could be amber, but its hard to tell. Overall I would lean towards what Chrome said about 3 weeks. Still a whole lot of white hair, looks like it has some growing left to do.
I flush but only about 4-5 days b4 harvest, but I use organic nutes and taper them off towards the end.
Forgive me if you posted this already, but what is the npk of your fert?
:ganjamon:

I see a few that could be amber, but its hard to tell. Overall I would lean towards what Chrome said about 3 weeks. Still a whole lot of white hair, looks like it has some growing left to do.
I flush but only about 4-5 days b4 harvest, but I use organic nutes and taper them off towards the end.

Right now, I am using 15/30/15. It's generic stuff, but it says it can be used for fruits and veggies too.

They both are on day 54 flower. It's an indica dominant strain, not sure what kind. It was good bagseed, and I kept the seeds.

I gave the girls a thorough inspection and what I thought were amber trichs, were an amber hair (pistil) laying on the leaf.

Thanks for the + Reps!!!

Oh man, didn't you read the sub text? just remember they are clever beasts, the raptors that is... they can even work doors...
:)

Those are some mighty fine bud pics you got there. Still giving them the brown sugar? I ask cause they will still fatten up a bunch for you. Keep an eye out for increased water intake over the ext two to three weeks cause those ladies will surprise you yet.

Oh man, didn't you read the sub text? just remember they are clever beasts, the raptors that is... they can even work doors...
:)

Those are some mighty fine bud pics you got there. Still giving them the brown sugar? I ask cause they will still fatten up a bunch for you. Keep an eye out for increased water intake over the ext two to three weeks cause those ladies will surprise you yet.

Yup, it's raw dark brown sugar, made from cane, not refined, and added molasses. It goes in with every watering. 1/8 tsp per 1 liter of water. Both plants get half a liter of water when watered. I end up with some in the reservoir, but it gets sucked up quick.

Did you see Penelope? She's trying her best not the resemble the leaning tower of Pisa! I had to add some more support to her bottom so that she doesn't fall over!

Hemi-one, she's just a lush beauty. I had to tuck leaves so the buds will get more light.

Getting so tempted to pluck a bud and quick dry it to see if it tastes as good as it smells!

Hi Young Lady Great pictures again.:)

Ok on the hermi. I understand better now. Your gonna love the new scope. I love looking at tricks. It's a different world. If you want a up high, harvest when you see 20 to 30% amber. That should do it. By the way, your doing one hell of a job! :bravo:

I wonder what the suits at Radio Shack think when they see that the sales of their pocket microscopes are up 3000% nationwide :bong:

Gal I love your pics. When I was looking at the first ones I too was taken by how otherworldly they look.... like alien sea creatures.

You should look into water curing if you're after edibles, some good threads on it here. I've never tried it... ha I've never tried anything... but apparently it leaches out all the water-soluble plant matter. You're left with odorless and tasteless high potency buds. And it's faster than air-curing.

Back
Top Bottom