Jamaica Seeds Blackout Kush #2

Man I couldnt top those buds off now. If I couldnt prop lights higher then lst or supercrop.You probably pull those out alot and the way the plants and stems look lst would crease fold or snap stem and maybe hard to tie down to pot. how I would try cropping is roll the stem some between thumb and nose picker to soften it first at bend site and fold over in direction you want. If they start to stand back up then tape a pipe cleaner to pot and hold her down.

Sorry I must have misunderstood your question earlier, if your referring to topping your budding plant don't do it lol. never top after switching to 12/12. Super cropping works fine, after you pinch and bend it, use some something to hold the branch in place. I've done it and saw no slowed growth. Most people would advice LST at this point

im not going to train or trim these at all. the light is right at the middle of the plant, so no need for lollipopping. i was talking about the next set of plants that are going to go down soon :)

too much work and not enough space to lst, im wondering how many inches topping would take off? not much right..ive topped once but she still got tall..might make it harder to move around in box. right now one cola with hopefully a few side ones under the cfls will be perfect

i usually top or lst right before the stretch, which is like week 3-4 from seed under 12/12 from start :thumb:

someone also had a good idea to try and raise the pool stick somehow lol

happy skunkday b.real ya topping does help reduce stretching plants, this is more noticeable in sativas. for example lets say an untopped sativa stretches 3 ft in flower the topped plant might only stretch 2 ft. LST is a great tool to control height

copy and pasted.

Pruning, FIM'ing and topping
Pruning plants in veg and early flower can effect the flow of auxins within the plant. Re-distributing natural growth hormones from terminal shoots to lateral shoots is a good way to slow height growth. Pruning in SOG systems is not recommended, as this promotes bushiness.

hi crimsonblitz. its day 45 and they are looking good. tonight ill take them out and take better pictures.

closetorganic, i may top next time. i got my serious 6 seeds and they will be planted soon! :thumb:

2013-08-06_11-36-02_722.jpg

:thumb:Those toppers are looking big b.real
I have a little BC Blueberry seedling Im just starting to see sprouts at leaf nodes. I plan on topping it ,hopefully her, when theres 4 good ones going to get 6
I also gave 2 bagseed cross plants to a friend who has em in basement with cfls 12/12 6 days now. I checked them yesterday and some, at least half, of the upper fan leaves had similar look to the upper plant in your pic. I was trying to figure it out,they had wet heavy pots from day before watering of plain dechlorinated tap water,then I thought temperature being cooler than my closet and maybe the bulbs which looked close enough were spreading light to much away from plants, having no reflective hood and very so so walls. Sorry for the babbling but what do say on yours? :peace:and Good Weed

thanks closet! always nice to hear from you :high-five: i think your buddy can run em..these look like theyre working. like 100 watts, 64 oz containers. one is 12" tall and the other 9" theyre not gonna get much taller. its time to pack on buds. i watered them tonight with a very light solution of just the bloom..gonna start doing bloom seperate to make sure i use enough during the week. will feed twice a week now..once light isolated bloom and other time grow and topmax, say sat and wed..

i also have some new seeds going down soon :) feminized hermie prone serious 6 haha

i figure 12-14 weeks for a plant..so i will plant new beans every 7th week. that will be day 49 of this journal. were getting there :thumb:

day 47. are the pictures better with or without the fluors?

2013-08-08_23-32-36_980.jpg
2013-08-08_23-32-43_442.jpg

hey kingjohn. thanks! i havent seen updates on your beauty now that i see your face..did i really get unsubbed again?

next plants im going to run this super soil so i dont have defs throughout sprout and stretch. same stuff your maxibloom has cuzzo. tired of playing god. i start with an empty soil and thought i could run my water soluble feed from the start..think again. going to start with the super soil then feed after 3-4 weeks if all goes as planned..aiming for 12" plants again..may top or lst?

serious 6 feminized, going down in couple days

from left to right: 1 acid/diesel seed i made, 7 serious 6 fem, 2 nirvana NYPD reg, 5 casey jones reg, a lot of blackout kush then finally 5 unknown..may be a sleeskunk in there..praying

2013-04-27_20-32-36_519.jpg
2013-08-09_01-32-17_704.jpg
2013-08-09_01-30-14_241.jpg
2013-08-09_01-29-12_344.jpg
2013-08-09_01-28-46_699.jpg
2013-08-09_01-27-56_742.jpg
2013-08-09_01-18-38_445.jpg

week 7 of life, ~4 weeks in bloom today!

i watered each with 16 oz of rainwater tonight

2013-08-10_00-37-32_332.jpg
2013-08-10_00-37-08_482.jpg

thanks there hedgehog! do you think the cfls will produce heavy buds? im keeping them very healthy now, and im happy becuase what theyre building at this point is that inner growth and flowers. im not gonna burn the new growth, and im not gonna let it starve! just gonna slow down a little and read em from here on out..cross my fingers lol

sorry never tried cfl's started with tubes and went to led's:thumb:
but there are some people with awesome results from cfl's

Back
Top Bottom