IMG_032934.JPG

serious 6
IMG_033238.JPG

IMG_033831.JPG

snow white
IMG_033444.JPG

kali bubba
IMG_033726.JPG

thanks mono. I might have to put the sample in the oven for a little cause the leaves are still soft even after 3 days of drying. I think all the plants are 6-7 weeks in bloom. do you think an led unit can make even bigger buds?

thanks mono. I might have to put the sample in the oven for a little cause the leaves are still soft even after 3 days of drying. I think all the plants are 6-7 weeks in bloom. do you think an led unit can make even bigger buds?

A little in the oven will take the last of the moisture out. Just keep it below 90c. I think led's could make bigger buds, if everything else is kept the same, although those are great buds for cfls!

I'd still have to say small hps for overall bud growth and development. My little 250 gives out little to no heat and can be kept 25cm from canopy. I believe led's have to be kept quite a distance away?

Amazing looking buds B.

One little tip about the oven, If you leave just the oven light on and the bud near the light, the heat it self will do the best drying and its below 50 Celsius so you are not cooking the trichomes. It takes around 72 hours for me to dry my buds using this technique.

:allgood:

the sample has been dried and is ready for tonight :) thanks for the help guys. I put it in my toaster over on the warm setting for 5 minutes then left it in there till the toaster oven cooled.

mono, that's the thing, I'll have to keep the leds close to my plants because as you can see I have very limited space. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger and buy one anyway. let's hope it all goes as planned. I want to fit four plants under it. the unit is around 8 inches wide and I think I can do it.

the sample has been dried and is ready for tonight :) thanks for the help guys. I put it in my toaster over on the warm setting for 5 minutes then left it in there till the toaster oven cooled.

mono, that's the thing, I'll have to keep the leds close to my plants because as you can see I have very limited space. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger and buy one anyway. let's hope it all works as planned. I want to fit four plants under it. the unit is around 8 inches wide and I think I can do it.

I think led s need to be kept further away than hps or they will burn the plant. Not totally sure tho

if I lst my plants I can probably keep them around 6" away. I think a hps is going to be too hot for my grow area. I could always get a t5 unit or another 125 watt cfl unit, but I really want to try an led unit.

ugh.. :lot-o-toke:

My only experience is with led. And heat isn't an issue at all. I don't exhaust my closet either. But, I'm doing autos so my closet isn't as completely sealed as if I was doing photo plants

Now I ask you "Who's the straight 12/12 Master?"

:cheer:
My LED unit (Mars Hydro reflector series) instructions say that the light needs to be around 24" from the plants to give the light spectrums the proper mixing as they go down to the plants. Shorter distances and the light sprectrums don't mix properly. (In layman's terms)
Be sure to check that on whatever unit you decide to buy B.real.

:)

I'm still on the fence about which type of light to get. I didn't think a t5 fixture would fit in my grow area so I made a template out of a piece of cardboard and turns out it will fit! I might get a t5 fixture because I know I can fit four plants under it.

I've been doing a lot of reading about led lighting and I don't think the plants have to be that far away to get illuminated by all the leds.

12 inces aways in my ex from canopy is not bad at least i wouldn't go any closer and with mature plants under of course because and 12 inc for led would stress them out ! on seedlings , clones ect just my two cents ! worth pce !

I keep changing my mind :laughtwo:

I can't change my grow area. it's the "perfect" spot for me. it's in the basement where the temperature is pretty cool, it has a door which keeps most of the light in, and it has a radon fan installed which pulls the smell of the flowers out of my house! I used to grow in my bedroom closet, but when the smell spread through my entire house I had to find a new spot.

when I run 215 watts of cfl my grow area reaches about 90f. what do you think a 150 watt hps would heat it up to? (keep in mind a 150 watt hps uses about 175 watts of power because of the ballast).

Back
Top Bottom