KushMeister's First Grow, Kandy Kush, SleeSkunk, Haze

let me know when you want to know some other shit you aint goin to pay attention too:)
Iam right here Kushie:rofl::bong:
Yeah, some advice has been better than other advice. That's all I'm gonna say.

:rofl: Couldn't have done it without ya Fishy! :circle-of-love:

56 Day Update (8 Weeks!)

Buds are still plumping up a little, fan leaves are still yellow, even with a little extra N, and the smell isn't fresh lemony, it's more a lemon curry. Very nice!

IMG_079615.JPG

she's a beauty:bravo::yummy::welldone::clap::Rasta:

she's a beauty:bravo::yummy::welldone::clap::Rasta:

Very nice kushy, that is a lovely plant and a fine specimen! + reps for you!

Thanks guys!

I'm very pleased with this girl. She's been strong and healthy throughout. Her buds aren't massive, that's probably my doing from promoting multiple tops by FIMing her so many times instead of one big cola, but there's a bunch so I guess that makes up for it. The buds definitely have put on some weight. I can tell when I shake her stalks and by how they sway in the breeze of the fan.

My only concern is when to harvest. From what I've read about the Sleeskunk strain, it's supposed to be a great hash plant, very resinous. But she really isn't. There is some frostiness, but the Kandy Kush had much more, even at a young age. Maybe that's not a fair comparison as the KK was supposed to be a super resinous plant too. Also, Sleeskunks are supposed to have a clear, up high, which, to me, indicates clear or at least non-amber trichs (?). I just don't want to be waiting an amber trichs if they aren't going to show up. I've got three fast growing sprouts and the wife's veggie starters just itching for a warm room with a nice 400W HPS.

She got fed last night with light fish/kelp and heavy molasses. That's the last on the fish/kelp. It'll be just water and molasses from here on out if she needs anything. I'm listening Fishie.

Thanks for all your help, support and encouragement guys, all of you, even you lurkers out there!

when you think your ready put them in the dark for 24 to 48Hrs before you chop. they will get sticky very sticky

oh and nothing wrong with a bunch of smaller nugs #1 there isnt no big piece of wood in the middle and#2 the weight should equal out #3 its hard to find a jar for a 2'cola:)

and another thing are you seeing the calyx's swelling? they will look like seed pods or even a bunch of teeny tiny grapes in the flower. thats when you really get resin production.
also I think when the breeder says so many days of flower they start with a mature plant and time it from the first showing of pistils and with all the dials set to perfect:)
just something else to ponder:)

when you think your ready put them in the dark for 24 to 48Hrs before you chop. they will get sticky very sticky

Will do.

oh and nothing wrong with a bunch of smaller nugs #1 there isnt no big piece of wood in the middle and#2 the weight should equal out #3 its hard to find a jar for a 2'cola:)

Time for a little math:

(2' cola - (rot+mold)) < 100 nugs

Got a nice pickle jar waiting. :)

and another thing are you seeing the calyx's swelling? they will look like seed pods or even a bunch of teeny tiny grapes in the flower. thats when you really get resin production.
also I think when the breeder says so many days of flower they start with a mature plant and time it from the first showing of pistils and with all the dials set to perfect:)

Definitely seeing swelling calyxes. Seeing that for a couple weeks now.

Yeah, got a difference of 10 days from flip to first flower. :hmmmm:

Well done and great advice flowing here! Reps!

Everybody, thank you, I appreciate the reps!

Fishie, the possibility that I have an extra 10 days or so is why I've been giving her the light fish/kelp 3-3-2 ferts along with the molasses instead of just molasses. Just hedging my bet.

plastic bags work good for me when i got really large colas to ferment. hang drying and covring with plastic bags work really good if ya done fermentation before[that is what occurs in jar curing] you can get better results in 14 to 21 days just leaving leaf on and slow dry air cure it trimming leaf when crumbly.
look up how tobaco is hung dryed/cured that is really the best way and if you also look up hindu kush drying/curing techniques [from the kush valley in india]you will have sure way to get sweet shit maxed out. those methods are a guide to open and waken a few of your brain cells as to what you can do. so dont think for a second that it aint worth investagation and tweeking for your self.

dark works really good for both sides of flowering to start with at the 12hr flip and to end with in the last 5 days. fish is totally corect on dark i sat with old friends and we calculated how long i been growing [40years] . damm. lots of fun.

Calxes

ss_bud4.jpg
ss_bud1.jpg
ss_bud3.jpg
ss_bud2.jpg

plastic bags work good for me when i got really large colas to ferment. hang drying and covring with plastic bags work really good if ya done fermentation before[that is what occurs in jar curing] you can get better results in 14 to 21 days just leaving leaf on and slow dry air cure it trimming leaf when crumbly.
look up how tobaco is hung dryed/cured that is really the best way and if you also look up hindu kush drying/curing techniques [from the kush valley in india]you will have sure way to get sweet shit maxed out. those methods are a guide to open and waken a few of your brain cells as to what you can do. so dont think for a second that it aint worth investagation and tweeking for your self.

I will do that my friend! Curing techniques are certainly on my radar screen.

BTW, it's way too dry to just leave anything hanging around for two or three weeks to dry where I live. Think single digits RH. It would turn to dust and blow away. I have to keep it sealed up to lock in some moisture for the cure. Brown paper bags seem to work nicely, so far.

Back
Top Bottom