Lions Head Mixed Grow Outdoor Sesh, Cape Town 2019

I have noticed something else with my seedlings. The Indicas are going fast and strong and the Sativas look stunted by comparison. Does anyone know if that is usually a thing or if it is climate related. Will my Sativas catch up? Are they slower growers initially?
Yes sir!

I would wait till she’s good and ready for another feeding though.
Bls, would it be dumb to repot at this stage? If I put her in a bigger pot she might give me better flowers? Or is it too risky?

Attachments

• DSC_8357-Edit.jpg
    DSC_8357-Edit.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC_8358.jpg
    DSC_8358.jpg
    452.2 KB · Views: 22
Think you are fine yo. Leave them until they are at least over the edge of your pot before transplantation. I don't really grow indica but it's still early so they will overtake the indica soon enough size wise
I put the sprouts straight in the big pots this time, so it is really only the tiny Chronic Ryder that I am considering repotting since she has gone back into veg. What do you think? They never got repotted in the veg phase because of a disrupted domestic environment of my own. Thanks LR

Attachments

• DSC_8391-Edit.jpg
    DSC_8391-Edit.jpg
    497.6 KB · Views: 21
would it be dumb to repot at this stage?

I would say no, leave her. In my opinion I would leave her until the leaves reach the outter edge of the pot but Lerugged thinks it’ll be fine, so sure giver a whirl! :thumb:

Sativas grow long, lanky, and take their time to finish. Generally, they are not a first pick for gardeners as their height is difficult indoors while their lower yields make for a reduced profit

Indicas leaves are composed of short, wide blades. Indica strains tend to produce more side-branches and denser overall growththan Sativas, resulting in wider, bushier plants. Indica flowers form in thick clusters around the nodes of the female plant (the points at which pairs of leaves grow from the stem and branches).

I would say no, leave her. In my opinion I would leave her until the leaves reach the outter edge of the pot but Lerugged thinks it’ll be fine, so sure giver a whirl! :thumb:

Sativas grow long, lanky, and take their time to finish. Generally, they are not a first pick for gardeners as their height is difficult indoors while their lower yields make for a reduced profit

Indicas leaves are composed of short, wide blades. Indica strains tend to produce more side-branches and denser overall growththan Sativas, resulting in wider, bushier plants. Indica flowers form in thick clusters around the nodes of the female plant (the points at which pairs of leaves grow from the stem and branches).
No I meant the chronic Ryder not the seedlings. They still need to grow to the edge. Sorry for confusion

What a miraculous thing to observe this morning on plant patrol! I relocated them to a different part of the garden to avoid eggs on my weed.
I have three new sprouts in big pots. Two Cali O, and one C99. It's bagseed. My Silver Haze has popped and I am waiting for the sprout to be a bit stronger before it goes in the pot too.

Attachments

• DSC_8562-Edit.jpg
    DSC_8562-Edit.jpg
    332.7 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC_8568-Edit.jpg
    DSC_8568-Edit.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 17
I'm trying to zoom in but it ain't loading. Will have a look once I'm clocked in for work again. So far they look really good. I have not successfully cloned yet but now that I only have 1 female I sure am going to try again! Do keep updating us I'm eager to hear the progress!

Some more unwanted campers... have to find a fast aphid solution before these nasties get stuck in. As soon as I have more cash flow I am going to buy some kappertjies (nasturtiums) and wild garlic to plant amongst the weed.

Anybody have a fail safe method of aphid control please? I have never had any luck with soapy garlic sprays.

Cool, so I tied out two more branches because the new branches sprouting forth look like they are on a mission to me. My biggest concern is that if she gets laden with bud, how is her stem going to support her? Also, that pot is damn small. What will being root bound or semi-root bound do to her production?
Stinky Skunky Mama is looking like she means business too. I sprinkled some Diatomaceous Earth on the surface of the medium because it was writhing with gnats this morning. Darn, I don't have yellow flowers in the garden but I do have sunflower seeds.... hmmm, project.
I juiced an onion with a table spoon of garlic and two cups of water. I removed the pulp and hand washed the seedlings and vegging plants with the juice. It has made an impact on the bloody white insects that had infested the leaves in a few short hours. I will rewash later by hand in the cool of the evening... ugh... need money for companion plants soon hahaha

Cool, so I tied out two more branches because the new branches sprouting forth look like they are on a mission to me. My biggest concern is that if she gets laden with bud, how is her stem going to support her? Also, that pot is damn small. What will being root bound or semi-root bound do to her production?
Stinky Skunky Mama is looking like she means business too. I sprinkled some Diatomaceous Earth on the surface of the medium because it was writhing with gnats this morning. Darn, I don't have yellow flowers in the garden but I do have sunflower seeds.... hmmm, project.
I juiced an onion with a table spoon of garlic and two cups of water. I removed the pulp and hand washed the seedlings and vegging plants with the juice. It has made an impact on the bloody white insects that had infested the leaves in a few short hours. I will rewash later by hand in the cool of the evening... ugh... need money for companion plants soon hahaha
Well root bound cause problems such as stunting the further growth, reduced flower size and flowers won't be as plenty. The plant could possibly die too.

I grew GDP inside a botanium and whe was so root bound I had to cut it out there. This lead to her not absorbing the water properly and overall she started to die no matter what I did.

In short (not really) it's best to give them the space needed to accommodate the roots as we all know we must look after the roots first.

She looks to be a huge ass plant and I do believe repotting before flower is important cause those roots really grow once they in flower looking for more water.

I'm not an expert but that came from personal experience. I was warned and didn't listen and in return I got a crappy yield. Was a beautiful plant though.

Why so quiet?
I have had such a lovely week Dkmg. I am quite busy in the garden. There are a lot of pests buzzing around the neighbourhood, so I am patrolling and at this time particularly for those butterflies which come in waves and I have to swat the mofos out of town. So I cook, clean, kweek, study, plan, sun bathe, more chores, yoga, repeat :morenutes::morenutes::morenutes:

@Lerugged hahaha, how high is too high? You just reminded me that I had put that nipped joint aside so I just smoked it and I never want to stop feeling this good :) You are growing the best craft DP that I have come across so far man. My head is crystal.

Enjoy the rugby this weekend everyone!!! It's going to be a big weekend.

I have managed to keep pests at bay by hand picking and hand washing leaves twice a day in the home made casteel concoction, so thanks to who was it, Shed? who suggested the casteel? @InTheShed I am using raw juiced onion and garlic solution with cayenne and casteel. It is the first time this is working for me and I think it is the hand bath that makes the difference. It is easier for me to gently bath the plants than manipulate them to get the spray on them.

It's some birthday of the cable way this month, so ticket price is massively reduced to a rate that is actually achievable by locals, so the freaking road is bumper to bumper with traffic and the predominant stench is burnt clutch. I am burning incense. I actually have been burning mphephu in my weed garden. That is white sage and it is very good at getting rid of bad bacteria and other micro nasties. I don't know if it does anything, but hey....

Some photos from today.

@Lerugged My housemate offered to knock up a shelter for Mama TK. Do you think this can work? I can move the other plants away from the streetlight at night, but she will get too big to move. He drew this for me and it would be covered in 150 micron dpm plastic sheeting, was his suggestion... like a three sided thing so it can breathe
IMG_20191019_011057.jpg

Back
Top Bottom