Lucky's First Home Grown Bag Seed

luckiestman13

I'm deciding to start a grow journal so that I can get some feed back and it's a good place to keep all my notes for future grows.

Here's what I'm working with.

Bagseed from a Sativa dominant fruity strain. Possibly juicy fruit. The first 2 weeks I had very slow growth. Currently I'm running 6 26 watt 6500k CFL. (looking at switching to 250 watt HPS.)
Organic MG soil in 8in pot.
temps 68-72
humidity 45%

12/1 Fed 1/2 tsp 20-20-20
12/9 Fed 1 tsp 20-20-20

I'm just finishing up my cabinet that I built. I'll be sure to post that up in the next few days as well. But how's my plant looking so far?

Re: Lucky's first home grown bagseed

photo-231.JPG

I'm growing this one plant hoping for it to be female so that i can take clones from her. I can fit two 5 gallon buckets in my cabinet. I might be able to squeeze in 3.

Do I need to use a pot as big as 5 gal though? I would love to fit 4 plants in my cabinet.

My cabinet measures 23in deep/ 34in wide/ and 36in tall. I painted the inside of it with flat white paint.

I only have about 36 in of height in my box so it's not like i can let them veg for a real long time.

I got 1 coat of flat white paint on the cabinet. Going to put another one on tomorrow.

I think since its my first grow, I'm going to use 3 gallon air pots. I can fit 4 of them in my cabinet. Looking at picking up at convertible 250 watt metal halide/hps light. Bc of my height restriction I think a 400 watt would be to hot, even with exhausting the heat from the light out of the box.

son of a bitch. My light fell over on my plant and caused heat stress on about half of it. Im pissed. Probably set me back a week now.

Is that just 1 plant you got going, it's hard to tell? If you have more then just forget all this, sorry but...

You could possibly fit 4-6 plants in their, by the looks of it? someone else might say differently but I'd say that's about right?

At this point, you really have no idea if that 1 plant will be male or female so you want to plant at least as many as that box can handle if they all turn into female and fill that box without overwhelming it...does that make since?

The thing is, it's a better chance that you will have at least a few males in their and an even better chance that the one you have now could be a male so what I'm saying is the more plants, the better chances for females...just sayin, lol

I'd start about 6 seeds and hope for all females but expect at least a couple of males, that way you have an almost nil chance that you won't be without at the very least 1 female, ya feel me? ;)

Hope this helps?

Oh yea, I dig the box bro, looks like all you need now is a door, intake and exhaust fans as well as an osculating fan and lights and your golden my friend :goodjob:...oh yea, and big sticky buds!!! :morenutes: :peacetwo::yummy:

You're are totally right. Ideally I would have planted as many as I could have fit in there. But I found a seed in this bomb bag I had gotten so I'm hoping this plant turns out female and I'll take clones from her. If it ends up male then I'll be looking at ordering quality genetics.

This grow here is just to get everything going and make sure there are no catastrophes like the one a few hrs ago when my light tipped over onto my little plant.

Thank you for the reply. Growing is really addictive!

Ahh, I got it and I feel ya on the one seed in the bomb bag...lol

As far as good genetics, and seeds goes, what did you have in mind?

I'll be quite honest with you, I personally love auto's and they would fit great in that box but the only drawback would be the no clones deal but they are just cool ass plants and super easy too. :thumb:

I also think something like white widow might just be the ticket as a fairly short strain that you can clone.

Just watch the strain for height restriction unless you are planing on LST or scrog but you sound like you might already know all this stuff so... carry on my friend...lol :goodjob:

Oh yea, just an idea, if this one is a male, you can collect the pollen and breed it with what ever strain you decide on and do a killer cross later...hmm, can you say "New killer strain"? LOL

Be Cool :peace:

420farmer said:
How old is this plant?

If this plant is more than 2 weeks old, something is wrong. How often are you watering? How close is your light? You don't want to use hps for veg if you have flouros. Flouros have better spectrum for veg growth. I consider my plant to be a bit small for its age. I'm at day 23 you can check out my pictures it's about 4x the size of urs, no offense, just trying to figure out what is wrong.

Hey Lucky, you definitely do not need 5 gallon pots unless you're growing sequoias! I'm not sure of the size of my pots (the bottom says something in metric, I think) - I'd say about 1 1/2 gallons. The larger the pots you use, the bigger the roots and the bigger the plant.

Two of my grows had five pots, which was a logistics nightmare trying to move them around so that they would all get enough light. My first grow and my current grow have four pots, which is just perfect.

Also my grow space has about 40" clearance. To keep your plants from getting too tall, try one of the following:

Early Flowering - Most growers veg their plants for about 6 weeks. When the plants achieve about 2/3 the height of the available space, put them into flower. This could be as early as 4 weeks (or even earlier, I guess). After you put them in flower, they shouldn't grow too much more, about 20% - 35% more;

LST - Light Stress Training (I don't use it but there's lots of info on this site);

Training - This involves tieing down the stalks when they get too large;

Supertopping - This is what I'm doing now. Basically, I top all the shoots and turn the plant into a bush, which gives a SOG (Sea of Green) appearance.

I've been using Training and Supertopping (I made up this word so you probably won't find it on a Google search!). The plants that I'm growing are a sativa strain which usually grows fairly large.

I'm attaching a couple of pictures that show the pots that I'm using to give you an idea of their size:

Canes1.jpg

CloneSystem3.jpg

CloneSystem2.jpg

In the first picture, you can also see how I've tied the stalks using canes and dental floss.

If you want to see more detail, visit my blog:

420 Warrior

White Widow sounds like a great strain! From what I've read its buds give an awesome high but not a ton of bag appeal. I read up briefly about it today.

I've thought about auto's. But I don't really want to have to buy seeds for every grow. Eventually the plan is to buy a much taller cabinet to flower in and keep the one I built for a mother or to veg. That way I can have plants vegging and flowering at the same time.

420Farmer
Yeah this plant is growing slow! I don't have the exact date but I put it in the ground about 3 weeks old. I'm not over watering. I've been watering once every 7-8 days with about 10% run-off. I've fed the plant twice with 20-20-20 fert. Once at 1/4 strength then once at 3/4 strength.

What could be causing it such slow growth?

Temps are between 68-70
humidity 45-47%

It would do better if it's a few degrees warmer. Especially because of its Sativa genes. Once I finnish up the cabinet I'll be able to better control the temps. I got so much on my plate right now though. Started a new job and finishing off the basement I probably won't be able to finish it for a week.

Back
Top Bottom