First Timer Getting Started

Can I dip the prongs in water and get a accurate reading of ph?

I mean im sure you could try it but not sure if it would give off an accurate reading. i assume you have a pH tester that is not battery operated i herd those ones work better than the electric ones. Not sure if it would work or not you'd be better off getting yourself one of those pH testers that have the drops of red solution, you drop it in a sample of water and compare the color to the pH chart, its the most accurate way to do it for the least amount of money.

Shadow I am subbed. I am also doing my first grow organic with BPN nutes I have the 7 part organic. Not having as much luck as you are with my seeds. I have been able to get some clones though. I can not wait to see how your grow turns out.
:thumb:

Hi Rupe, I actually think these plants looks really cool too! I'm a proud daddy so far even though I nearly killed them.

Spiffy, thanks a lot for joining me. I look forward to seeing your grow too!

Hi vic, to be honest I'm not really sure. I've seen a few people who went 12/12 from seed and thier plants got rather tall. I've got enough room to let them grow for awhile. I'm hoping they really take off. I'm thinking maybe another month since they are staying really tight and low.

I would suggest taking out the worst looking ones to give the remaining plants access to more light. Light is particles(photons) and with so many plants the actual availability of light for each individual plant is lowered. Taking out a few and the remaining ones have more light available to them because the others are competing for it. If you were me I would keep the sour diesels and let the bag ones go, even though it can be hard to do that. But this gives more light to the GOOD. Are you going to flower in the same box with the same lights? or do you have a light to flower with?

I would suggest taking out the worst looking ones to give the remaining plants access to more light. Light is particles(photons) and with so many plants the actual availability of light for each individual plant is lowered. Taking out a few and the remaining ones have more light available to them because the others are competing for it. If you were me I would keep the sour diesels and let the bag ones go, even though it can be hard to do that. But this gives more light to the GOOD. Are you going to flower in the same box with the same lights? or do you have a light to flower with?

Hey vic I actually did cut my plants back from 16 to 12. They all seem to be growing now. I want to keep as many as I can because I don't plan on letting them get very big. I'm guessing 12" or so. Large enough to pull some clones from the better plants. I'll veg the shit out of them while these are flowering.

No I'm not flowering in that box If you go back a few pages you can see my new HPS I just installed ;)

Just ordered a couple more goodies.

Next grow I'll be using something better then soil I think... Maybe a mix of Perlite/Vermiculite or coco. So I grabbed a cheap ppm meter and thermometer from amazon.

Amazon - TDS-EZ Water Quality Tester

1667282347080.png

Amazon - AcuRite 00613 Digital Hygrometer & Indoor Thermometer Pre-Calibrated Humidity Gauge

1667282382345.png

Anyone know if organic ferts will work? I see good results with OC+ and the standard BPN nutes.

Yea man I never cut leaves, the plant will let them go if it deems it so. The plant can actually still pull energy from the chloroplast that are in the dying leaves. Some of the leaves may look horrible but don't pull them no matter how bad it looks.

Today I noticed some more yellowing in a few of the plants. Growth has been slow in my opinion compared to several others here. They may be shocked from the transplant.

Have been considering other options for soil but I'm still not sure if organic ferts will work in a hempy??? May grab some OC+, and run my own tests. Right now I'm thinking 50% perlite, 25% verm, and 25% horse manure. Then using organic ferts. Thoughts?

I decided to go ahead and give them thier first bath of BPN organics. I mixed up about 2/3 of the recommended feeding. My soil Ph is coming in at 6.4-6.6.

Right now they are in MG Organic and 15-20% horse manure. There does seem to be lots of bark. The soil is fairly loose and I believe the wood is the reason. I read that horse manure is seedy and they are right. I've had to pull a few pieces of grass out, at least something is growing!

These plants are fairly small and nearing 30 days old. I don't think the MG Organic has any nutes so BPN might have been what they are after. I noticed a good bit of growth over night so I'm very pleased about that.

I also recieved my PPM meter today and...my well water sucks! It came in at 284 right out of the tap. The batch of nutes I have mixed in a 5 gal bucket I'm feeding is @ 540. I guess thats about where I want to be. Step it up to around 700 in a couple weeks

Well I went to Lowes today to look for anything better then what I have and I left pissed off. We do have a local greenhouse place that is rather large, they aren't open yet for the year. I'm going to find something better but this is a bad time to be buying garden supplies. I don't think my soil is horrible it's not the moisture contol crap and it's fairly loose. I believe I was lacking nutes.

Changed up a lot of things today. Pulled them out from the CFL box and got them under the HPS. Right now I've got them about 15" away from the light. I used a 6" fan and built a small light trap and vent on the side. I'm not sure if it'll do or not, going to check temps in a couple hours.

In the last 2 days I noticed A good bit of growth. Far more then I have over the last week. I'm going to keep feeding them BPN and trying not to burn them with the HPS. They have been growing fast so I really wanted to put the light to em. I'll get pictures in a few days. :)

What really sucks is a local grower who isn't on this forum show'd me his setup the other day. I about fell over! He has 15 - 3 ft plants at his house. Today he switched them to 12/12 and started LSTing them. He starts and keeps them in 5 gal buckets under 2 400w lights and 4 4ft CFL tubes. The only thing he uses is MG moisture control, the crap with everything in. He does't feed them anything but tap water.

They were fucking beautiful! uhg.

Back
Top Bottom