Lush Led vs Advanced Led Featuring Ace of Spades

Re: Lush Led vs Advanced Led featuring TGA's Ace of Spades

Thanks for the invite. Wanna see what`s gonna between the two. I use Advanced LED`s. Should be a good grow off. Just gonna find a place in the back and burn one or two.

Welcome rex, who you betting on? blue or red?

thanks for checking in :)

got the first screens set up. screens are 12" above the rainforests , new top screens will have to be built because of light divider.
mother plants will be transplanted into 8 gal airpots today. I have them on GLR lighting schedule which they will stay on.
temps stay at 73f and humidity at 65%.

pics

blue side
DSCF07023.JPG

DSCF07013.JPG

DSCF07031.JPG

red side
DSCF07053.JPG

DSCF07041.JPG

DSCF07061.JPG

It is interesting how the Lush is so much bluer then the advanced led. One would think this be good for vegetative but not as good for flower.

But thanks to Ronnie we will know more in few months.

When you planning on putting plants under the lights?

It is interesting how the Lush is so much bluer then the advanced led. One would think this be good for vegetative but not as good for flower.

But thanks to Ronnie we will know more in few months.

When you planning on putting plants under the lights?

Hey Crawdaddy, yes one would think more red is better for flower but I know blue light is more energetic than red light (higher electron volts) and also blue diodes more expensive to produce. but your right we'll know for sure in a few months. :)

going to wait till the clones have rooted up enough I'm sure they will transplant well.

Ronnie,

Are you going to put up that R-Tech reflective surface on the Advanced (red) side, also? Not sure if it would make much of a difference, but maybe?...

I know you want everything to be a even as possible...

Ronnie,

Are you going to put up that R-Tech reflective surface on the Advanced (red) side, also? Not sure if it would make much of a difference, but maybe?...

I know you want everything to be a even as possible...

white reflects light good so I don't think the silver side would have an advantage. the purpose of the light divider is to make sure test plants don't share the different spectrums , not to reflect the light.

I do have another foam sheet that can be installed silver side toward red side.

anyone want to chime in on the importance of this?

is white less reflective than silver?

of course the blue lettering on the white side could effect the reflection.

thanks for the great question :)

is white less reflective than silver?

I'm sure the surfaces reflect differently. You're really trying to answer the question of whether or not it matters...

I think it doesn't. I used to be a stickler about having white surfaces as near my plants/lights as possible to maximize reflection. Then I started to think about it more. Sure, if you're going for 100%, you have to do it, but is it worth it? Look at the distance the light has to travel to get to the plant via reflection. By the time it gets there, how much energy does it have? It's an inverse relationship to the distance, so it gets weak REAL fast.

Now let's add in the effect from the reflective surface difference. How much of an impact do you think this will make? I contend the distance has a far greater impact, so the surface becomes insignificant.

Of course... I'm probly wrong :blalol: :loopy:

Looking sweet in there Ronnie. Is that tray in the veg closet just to catch run off?
I had my hydro shop get me 2 2'x4' trays. I'm picking them up this weekend. :)
Of course I plan to actually flood and drain mine :blalol:

I'm sure the surfaces reflect differently. You're really trying to answer the question of whether or not it matters...

I think it doesn't. I used to be a stickler about having white surfaces as near my plants/lights as possible to maximize reflection. Then I started to think about it more. Sure, if you're going for 100%, you have to do it, but is it worth it? Look at the distance the light has to travel to get to the plant via reflection. By the time it gets there, how much energy does it have? It's an inverse relationship to the distance, so it gets weak REAL fast.

Now let's add in the effect from the reflective surface difference. How much of an impact do you think this will make? I contend the distance has a far greater impact, so the surface becomes insignificant.

Of course... I'm probly wrong :blalol: :loopy:

Looking sweet in there Ronnie. Is that tray in the veg closet just to catch run off?
I had my hydro shop get me 2 2'x4' trays. I'm picking them up this weekend. :)
Of course I plan to actually flood and drain mine :blalol:

Hey Hiker brother so glad to have you swing by. :)

I agree with you totally , but I had another sheet already so I added it to the light divider silver side towards red side.

yeah that's a 2'x4' flood and drain tray and yes its to catch run off.

can't wait to see your trays in action.:thumb:

red side now

DSCF07082.JPG

DSCF07091.JPG

transplanted mothers into 8 gal airpots

DSCF07102.JPG

DSCF07113.JPG

DSCF07121.JPG

cuttings in aerocloner

DSCF07133.JPG

DSCF07144.JPG

Hey Crawdaddy, yes one would think more red is better for flower but I know blue light is more energetic than red light (higher electron volts) and also blue diodes more expensive to produce. but your right we'll know for sure in a few months. :)

going to wait till the clones have rooted up enough I'm sure they will transplant well.

:nicethread: Subadub dub!

My money is on the Blue/White for veg! I had my ZNET designed with extra blues. My clones didn't like it under the LED. Too strong I think. I wait for them to get established well before I put them under LED.
:green_heart:

Intense set up! I can't wait to watch this grow in action! :yahoo: Congratulations Ronnie! :circle-of-love:

:nicethread: Subadub dub!

My money is on the Blue/White for veg! I had my ZNET designed with extra blues. My clones didn't like it under the LED. Too strong I think. I wait for them to get established well before I put them under LED.
:green_heart:

Intense set up! I can't wait to watch this grow in action! :yahoo: Congratulations Ronnie! :circle-of-love:

Thanks Pinky, hoping to answer some questions with this run :)

Set up looks great. Anxious to watch `em grow. Glad you added the other sheet to the divider. Every thing needs to be as exact as possible on both sides. This way it`s all on the lights. With everything else being the same, neither side can bitch. IMHO.

Ronnie,
You asked red or blue ? Well gotta be loyal to the ones I use...RED. Have a friend who uses and swears by the blue though.

Back
Top Bottom