Lush Led vs Advanced Led Featuring Ace of Spades

Re: Lush Led vs Advanced Led featuring TGA's Ace of Spades

transplanted clones into system today. all lights are at 50% power for the next 72 hrs. and at 54" from top of clones. roots where dusted with Great White when transplanted. sprayers on timer on 1hr off 1hr 24hrs. after roots reach sump sprayers will be on 24/7.
clones were foliar fed Heavy 16 PFN several hrs before transplant for stress relief.

DSCF07357.JPG

starting res stats

DSCF07396.JPG

DSCF07385.JPG

DSCF07366.JPG

DSCF07374.JPG

DSCF07443.JPG

DSCF07453.JPG

DSCF07464.JPG

DSCF07423.JPG

DSCF07412.JPG

DSCF07406.JPG

DSCF07431.JPG

DSCF07486.JPG

DSCF07476.JPG

Sweet! it is started! dude you got it rocked, all the clones seem to be about equal size/health, same pheno under each light and cause RDWC they share nutes/res. You have a great set up for the test. only real difference I can see is the lights, AWESOME :thumb:

I am curious to know how the manufacturers of these panels would react to something like this.

+ nice roots for 13 days, I am having pretty much 100% luck with clones, but they take to long and not nearly as healthy/fast to recover as that.

Well got to get my light divider together, you know I will be following closely in following months. I not constructionally inclined, so what is that sheet you used? is it hard to cut? I was just going to go ghetto and cut up some cardboard, but your sweet setup has me inspired to try a bit harder then that.

Ohhhh yeah. :popcorn:

I just wanna thank you for conducting this experiment. It's nice to see the controversy over LEDs wain, and now we just want to know which one to buy, or if it even matters which one we end up with. I would do the same if I weren't so confident in advanced already. Glad to see the XML in action period, so thanks for purchasing it and sharing with us. Many people may not realize how much of a public service it is to share our experience and information, but it's a substantial one imo.

BEAUTIFUL! :thumb::bravo::circle-of-love:

:)

Sweet! it is started! dude you got it rocked, all the clones seem to be about equal size/health, same pheno under each light and cause RDWC they share nutes/res. You have a great set up for the test. only real difference I can see is the lights, AWESOME :thumb:

I am curious to know how the manufacturers of these panels would react to something like this.

+ nice roots for 13 days, I am having pretty much 100% luck with clones, but they take to long and not nearly as healthy/fast to recover as that.

Well got to get my light divider together, you know I will be following closely in following months. I not constructionally inclined, so what is that sheet you used? is it hard to cut? I was just going to go ghetto and cut up some cardboard, but your sweet setup has me inspired to try a bit harder then that.

thanks crawdaddy, I used 3/4" foam insulation board from home depot. real easy to cut but I didn't need to cut at all.
I told the CEO of Lush Lighting my plan to put his panel against Advanced Led's panel in a journal here and he was all for it.:)

Ohhhh yeah. :popcorn:

I just wanna thank you for conducting this experiment. It's nice to see the controversy over LEDs wain, and now we just want to know which one to buy, or if it even matters which one we end up with. I would do the same if I weren't so confident in advanced already. Glad to see the XML in action period, so thanks for purchasing it and sharing with us. Many people may not realize how much of a public service it is to share our experience and information, but it's a substantial one imo.

Thanks cannateer, this is a interesting comparison because of the big difference in spectrum. :)

Great concept and approach R6. Psyched to see how things go. There's been way to much emphasis on the bragging and the "special technology" and little in terms of legit comparisons or academic study.

Hope it all goes fantastic and sheds light on a whole bunch of information that we can all grow from.

Thanks for your work with the blessed sacrament.

Ludweed.

This is so cool...

Welcome drcannabi :)

Great concept and approach R6. Psyched to see how things go. There's been way to much emphasis on the bragging and the "special technology" and little in terms of legit comparisons or academic study.

Hope it all goes fantastic and sheds light on a whole bunch of information that we can all grow from.

Thanks for your work with the blessed sacrament.

Ludweed.

I agree with you , its time to put the manufactures to the test. :)

I enjoy all of the grows on the forums but ones like this are providing a real service. I wish we had a way to categorize, summarize and provide the findings in a way that allows someone researching the topic in a way to easily locate and review the findings. Perhaps even having a product review form to fill out so all reviews provide the same, complete information. I know Icemud did a great side by side between two LED's, providing a very fair and detailed review. I know I went through 155 pages of the TOPLED thread, trying to figure out the pros and cons.

I pretty much ignore a sponsors review or anyone with limited participation on these forums. The best ones are from the known veterans who show that they have skills. Unless the product is designed for the novice, then I would like to see a novice review the product. I normally view sponsored product reviews a little (actually a lot) skeptically. With that said, if it is a sponsored review from a site veteran/expert, I give it more weight depending on who it is. Some people like free shit but you can usually tell who is doing it for the community versus to gain a reputation of giving a positive review so more sponsors give them stuff. I also respect a sponsor who is confident enough in a product to give a few away for a review on a site like 420.

Anyway, thanks again for the journal.

BillyJack, I am with you on the 'sponsored' thing, but there are some where you can tell they giving their real opinion.

That being said the only way true objectivity is satisfied (and not doubted) is if the tester was not provided the lights. It not completely set up yet(need to make trip to Home Depot to get divider), but I have a side by side with Advanced and TopLED getting going, not the same level as Ronnie's but should provide some good info.

It is up to us as a community to figure this out.

I enjoy all of the grows on the forums but ones like this are providing a real service. I wish we had a way to categorize, summarize and provide the findings in a way that allows someone researching the topic in a way to easily locate and review the findings. Perhaps even having a product review form to fill out so all reviews provide the same, complete information. I know Icemud did a great side by side between two LED's, providing a very fair and detailed review. I know I went through 155 pages of the TOPLED thread, trying to figure out the pros and cons.

I pretty much ignore a sponsors review or anyone with limited participation on these forums. The best ones are from the known veterans who show that they have skills. Unless the product is designed for the novice, then I would like to see a novice review the product. I normally view sponsored product reviews a little (actually a lot) skeptically. With that said, if it is a sponsored review from a site veteran/expert, I give it more weight depending on who it is. Some people like free shit but you can usually tell who is doing it for the community versus to gain a reputation of giving a positive review so more sponsors give them stuff. I also respect a sponsor who is confident enough in a product to give a few away for a review on a site like 420.

Anyway, thanks again for the journal.

Hey Billyjack I feel the same way. HID lighting would never work for my grow area for several reasons so Led was my only real option. I researched online anything I could find trying to determine what makes a good Led grow light. I decided to go with Advanced led in the beginning because of three things. 1. full spectrum , had the most different spectrums. 2. USA based , good warranty. 3. grow journals.
now the diodes for Advanced led are mostly red , as with most led panels I've seen. then you have Lush led whose diodes are mostly blue , and making claims to out perform a 1000w hps with only 435w. at the LA cannabis cup I tried some and got to inspect flowers grown with the Dominator 2x. and it was outstanding. :)
because of the uniqueness of Lush's panels I knew the two would be a great comparison.
now I got the Dominator 2x for the same price as a DS350XML because of the event sale price (LA cup).
my original plan was to buy another DS350XML , but due to misleading warranty policys and the fact I got a 435w light for the same price as the 330w light I decided to purchase the Dominator 2x and run a comparison. I also talk with the CEO of Lush and they provide loaner lights for warranty issues so your not without a light while yours is being repaired , Advanced was always great with me on my warranty issues but warned me that what they were doing for me wasn't their policy.

I'm glad you appreciate the journal. I enjoy giving back to the community whose given me a lot.

BillyJack, I am with you on the 'sponsored' thing, but there are some where you can tell they giving their real opinion.

That being said the only way true objectivity is satisfied (and not doubted) is if the tester was not provided the lights. It not completely set up yet(need to make trip to Home Depot to get divider), but I have a side by side with Advanced and TopLED getting going, not the same level as Ronnie's but should provide some good info.

It is up to us as a community to figure this out.

I also agree with you Crawdaddy , curious to see how Advanced does against a light 1/3 the price.

Don't forget that the XML is a full spectrum achieved by the 10w crees and the 3w diamond series extreme flower diodes. It's kind of like an extreme flower with way better penetration. Keep in mind advanced also sells extreme veg lights which are completely in the blue spectrum. "50+ wavelengths of blue light" and "46% brighter than other blue LEDs" can be read on their page. They are definately specialized lights with specific goals in mind. Middle or full spectrum lights can be used throughout the entire grow, though not optimal. That's what I've read and that's what I'm finding, however, I only have so many posts, so take what I say with salt, of course. :geek:

a metric that tracked yield and quality in relation to cost per watt would be useful. i see that some brands are priced at 3-4$ per actual draw wattage. Others are 1$ or less per watt. i've seen quite a few fantastic buds grown using the cheaper LEDS.

I'm looking to be persuaded that the premium is actually based on superior outcomes.

Back
Top Bottom