Lush Led vs Advanced Led Featuring Ace of Spades

Re: Lush Led vs Advanced Led featuring TGA's Ace of Spades

I think there are more variables to consider when calculating cost benefit. I think of what manufacturer of diodes the display utilizes, it's guaranteed lifespan, the warranty. Long run, so to speak. Time will tell. So many different lights and everyone seems to bring a new one to the table every month. Grow journals like this and others featuring LEDs are telling the tale. Using two brands is ideal.

Good stuff Ronnie, looks like I'm subbed just in time. :popcorn: :peace:

Don't forget that the XML is a full spectrum achieved by the 10w crees and the 3w diamond series extreme flower diodes. It's kind of like an extreme flower with way better penetration. Keep in mind advanced also sells extreme veg lights which are completely in the blue spectrum. "50+ wavelengths of blue light" and "46% brighter than other blue LEDs" can be read on their page. They are definately specialized lights with specific goals in mind. Middle or full spectrum lights can be used throughout the entire grow, though not optimal. That's what I've read and that's what I'm finding, however, I only have so many posts, so take what I say with salt, of course. :geek:

I did check out their new all blue veg light with 5w cree diodes , looks cool.
I'm only interested in full cycle lights . blue light is important and has a higher voltage which translates into more energy but in order to supercharge photosynthesis you need full spectrum. a full spectrum light with majority blue diodes should provide more energy to the plants in theory.

a metric that tracked yield and quality in relation to cost per watt would be useful. i see that some brands are priced at 3-4$ per actual draw wattage. Others are 1$ or less per watt. i've seen quite a few fantastic buds grown using the cheaper LEDS.

I'm looking to be persuaded that the premium is actually based on superior outcomes.

I'm only interested in performance , I'm willing to pay more for a superior product.

I think there are more variables to consider when calculating cost benefit. I think of what manufacturer of diodes the display utilizes, it's guaranteed lifespan, the warranty. Long run, so to speak. Time will tell. So many different lights and everyone seems to bring a new one to the table every month. Grow journals like this and others featuring LEDs are telling the tale. Using two brands is ideal.

warranty polices mean a lot to me. when I put up the money to start a grow I want to be sure I'm going to have the proper amount of light through out the grow cycle.

Good stuff Ronnie, looks like I'm subbed just in time. :popcorn: :peace:

Welcome GrizzWald :) :welcome:

its been 72 hours since transplant and all of the clones have roots through net pots except one . (phenol#2 red side) this clone is still a little droopy. I have the back up clones in the aero cloner and they are rooting up like mad so if need be this clone can be replaced.
all lights at 100% power except I don't have the white crees to 100% yet, waiting for red side phenol#2 to perk up. I am running sprayers 24/7 now. I'm also slowly lowering res temps.

DSCF07493.JPG

DSCF07504.JPG

DSCF07564.JPG

DSCF07575.JPG

this blue / red split is more exaggerated in person

DSCF07513.JPG

DSCF07523.JPG

DSCF07533.JPG

DSCF07543.JPG

DSCF07553.JPG

Awesome job Ronnie!

I'm super impressed with your approach. How long will you give droopy before culling her? I can already see how an unfair advantage could be perceived by the maker of the Red side panel. Not trying to be a negative Nancy, I just thought about that while reading your last post. I'm sure by the time they fill those screens, things will be evened out. I just wonder if a head start by either side tips the scale?

Have an awesome weekend Ronnie :Namaste:

JJ

Awesome job Ronnie!

I'm super impressed with your approach. How long will you give droopy before culling her? I can already see how an unfair advantage could be perceived by the maker of the Red side panel. Not trying to be a negative Nancy, I just thought about that while reading your last post. I'm sure by the time they fill those screens, things will be evened out. I just wonder if a head start by either side tips the scale?

Have an awesome weekend Ronnie :Namaste:

JJ

Droopy's got 24 hours to perk up or she will be replaced by a well rooted back up clone. the back up clone is a little smaller then the phenol#2 on the blue side.

funny thing is the clone that's droopy had better roots going than the blue side phenol#2 clone at transplant.

I nearly mentioned that you will almost definately see an advantage in veg with the blue side, it's simply science. This also may lead to better growth and maybe even more bud sites, however, the red will almost certainly produce denser, heavier and better product.

I'm curious what the details on distance and intensity with the 10w crees were that came with your light. I wonder if it's the same instructions the other lights come with.

I love the regular updates. This is turning into a TV series for us to tune into.

I nearly mentioned that you will almost definately see an advantage in veg with the blue side, it's simply science. This also may lead to better growth and maybe even more bud sites, however, the red will almost certainly produce denser, heavier and better product.

I'm curious what the details on distance and intensity with the 10w crees were that came with your light. I wonder if it's the same instructions the other lights come with.

I love the regular updates. This is turning into a TV series for us to tune into.

the par ratings for the DS350XML is 1398 at 18" that's full power , the par ratings for the Dominator 2x is 1400 at 18"
at 18" both lights are as intense as direct sunlight.

BillyJack, I am with you on the 'sponsored' thing, but there are some where you can tell they giving their real opinion.

That being said the only way true objectivity is satisfied (and not doubted) is if the tester was not provided the lights. It not completely set up yet(need to make trip to Home Depot to get divider), but I have a side by side with Advanced and TopLED getting going, not the same level as Ronnie's but should provide some good info.

It is up to us as a community to figure this out.

I will be looking forward to that grow

well droopy has been replaced, the back up clone is slightly smaller but its root system is very large so I'm expecting a smooth transition for phenol#2 on the red side now. all clones were taken at the same time and the back up clone has been rooting nicely so I don't expect this to effect the out come.

DSCF07586.JPG

DSCF07595.JPG

DSCF07604.JPG

I've been informed not to discuss the strain being used in this journal. breeder has been banned.
the focus on this journal is the lighting so this is not a problem for me.

clones have transitioned into the system well , veg. growth has began. bumped up res strength today by adding 80ml Heavy 16 veg a&b. also co2 supplementation is now being used.

start of veg

DSCF07613.JPG
DSCF07626.JPG
DSCF07635.JPG
DSCF07645.JPG
DSCF07654.JPG

shot of the mom's

DSCF07664.JPG

Back
Top Bottom