MightyMonte88 Soil Unknown Strain 2013 First Grow

Thanks for all the support guys, this has been a really fun and cool experience to grow and watch these plants take life. It kind've goes beyond the fact that ti's weed, i actually grew something from just a seed and its pretty cool too me.

Day 61
Hum High 69 Low 41
Temp High 82 Low 68

As much as i didn't want too, my fiance just wouldn't let up and we plucked one bud and smoked it. I was stoned out of my fucking mind, happy, energetic, it was a GREAT BUZ!! I'm pretty sure the only reason we got so stoned was because neither of us have smoked in months with one exception, so we have no tolerance. I can't wait to try this bud when its at its full potency.

IMG_001444.JPG

IMG_001551.JPG

IMG_000667.JPG

IMG_001053.JPG

IMG_000381.JPG

IMG_001850.JPG

IMG_000860.JPG

***EDIT**
It won't let me edit the last post

Tallest plant height, 50", she's over 4 feet!
The other two plants stopped growing in height a week ago
The plant that i believe is indica dominate hasn't grown in height in awhile, but man the buds are looking nice, very sticky to the touch and you can see the crystals ( what are those actually called?) all over the buds/ flower leaves.

Hey guys, got a tough question for ya. Based on the pictures I've taken and the data I've provided so far ( plant height ..ext) What do you guys think i can expect for a yield?? Is it safe to say i'll end up with between 1/2 to full pound from three plants?

Day 69
Temps and hum have been average With the exception of ONE day, we had a heat spike outside and the A/C was off so it hit a high of 95 degrees for a few hours inside the grow room.

I'm running into some problems and i think it could be "nute lockup" need some advice quickly..

Yellow leaves/ curling at the tips. I've been carefull not to get any water on the plants while watering/ no over watering/ and i havn't misted the plants since vegg state.

IMG_004125.JPG

IMG_003931.JPG

IMG_004031.JPG

Gotcha, i don't have a PH kit right now and i don't have the means by which to get one so is there any kind of fail safe i can try? i was thinking of spiking the next few watering with baking soda to hopefully bring HP back to a neutral balance.

I noticed something else, My one plant that i refer to as my "indica plant" is very "crystally" covered in crystals, and the trichs(hairs) are turning red, a few buds have all red trichs. Should i harvest this plant early???

Trics and Hairs are two different things.
Hairs= calyx ways of grabbing pollen to make seeds
Trics= why we get stoned. The crystals.

Brown hairs are a sign that she is maturing. Make sure they are withered, pulled back not just long and brown. When the hairs turn withered this is a rough guess of good potency. but remember, VERY IMPORTANT, MJ can get a much as 20% of its total weight in the last week or so as the calyx fill with resin and swell.

So basically, no, dont harvest yet. Can you post a pic of the bud so we can see it?

P.S. Im not sure of a fool proof method of upping PH. But I had a similar issue and fed at 7.5-7 for two feedings and the spotting stopped and hasnt affcted new leaves much at all. If I find out a way, Ill post back sir.

Alright sorry it took me awhile to get back on here.

Spimp thanks for clearing that up, i was wondering. Even with a magnifying glass i can BARLEY make out the trichs, i mean i can see them without a doubt but i can't make out if the tips are clear/cloudy yet.

John, is there a formula for figuring out volume of water used to pot size??

Day 75
They plants got their last feed 3 days ago, in 4 days if i can tell/ if the trichs are cloudy than i'm good to go and I've got under two weeks till harvest i think.

Temps and Hum have been kept the same, humidity's been alittle higher, sits right in the 50% range. I've kept the temp above 70 at all times.

I changed my watering schedule, i water ONCE a day and give them allot of water all at once to help flush things out. I've also been adjusting the PH of the water by adding 1/4 tablespoon of baking soda to 1 full gallon hoping to bring PH up to around 8.

This seems to have helped, two of the plants are now showing no signs of burning and have allot more crystals (which are the trichs right?)

The other plant is still not doing good, the PH adjusted watering helped, the plant stopped getting worse but hasn't really made any improvements.

I've been watering with PH adjusted water since the last post day 69, so it's now 6 days of PH adjusted watering.

It's hard to tell but the 1st two pics here, the buds have allot of browning/curling hairs and are covered with crystals
IMG_006033.JPG

IMG_007424.JPG

IMG_007028.JPG

IMG_006128.JPG

Here's the struggling plant, buds seemed to have stopped growing and the leaves where dying mid-wad to top ways up the plant
IMG_006925.JPG

all you really have to do is pass at least twice the volume of pH adjusted water through the pots to flush them. do you know what size pots you are using? I place the pot on a milk crate in my bathtub and allow pH adjusted water to pass through soiless mixture in the pot. I use 2x1 gallon, 1x2 gallon and 3x3 gallon spot sprayers to mix up my pH adjusted water and nutrients in. i would begin feeding nutrients again to your plants, it sounds like your plant that is on the mend. you need at least a 30x jewelers loupe to see the trichomes, a higher magnification may help more.

looks like youve got some nutrient stress! I would also suggest a flushing. after that, watch the new growth and only the new growth to read her!

Alright i don't know what size mine are so i compared to 5GAL buckets and they're about the same dimensions. Tonight i'm going to flush the girls out going by the process john described. Now when i flush the plants, yall think i should mix some more nutrients into the water used to flush?

Ahh ok, im glad i checked before i went ahead. I was going to mix nutrients with the water for flushing, which would have been 5 gal worth hah.

Back
Top Bottom