Pineapple Chunk - Cheap Fridge Grow - Soil - CFL

Here is the big boy question right here - Can i keep using the miracle gro for this one plant? If fix the fungus gnats with some hydrogen peroxide and then from after that onwards use perlite and coco coir. i'm looking to have 3 clones cut at the point i start the 12/12 and then im looking to add 2 of them 2 weeks later to the 12/12 area and grow the other as a mother. Will the plant make it the 6-8 weeks? i think it will no i'm just feeding water and letting the plant food take the reigns its growing loads each day.

you can either use the household 3% strength peroxide or the horticultural high strength peroxide. for the household 3% strength you can use 5-10 millilitres per gallon. If you chose to use the Miracle Gro fertilizer i suggest you read the "Nutes what to use and how to use them" guide, there is a section on Miracle Gro fertilizer, I would use a bloom fertilizer. if you wanted a 1 part for bloom fertilizer i would suggest General Hydroponics MaxiBloom, it is very close to using the "Lucas formula" for composition.

https://www.horticulturesource.com general hydroponics maxibloom 2.2 lb

Nutes - What To Use & How To Use Them - Tutorial

Yes you can. The problem with miracle grow that hasn't been amended in any way is, it holds on to water which is a problem for a new grower that is going to tend to overwater, which is why you ended up with fungus gnats in the first place.

Secondly, I know you're in a big hurry to have a garden of weeden, but seriously with the scale of your setup you would be much better served by vegging your current plant longer rather than trying to pack a bunch of plants in there. Looks to me like that fridge would easily house a plant that's 18-24" tall, that same single plant would yield twice as much for you as three dinky little plants that you flowered as soon as you could before they had any root or stem development to support any kind of real yield. So my advice would be to transplant that little guy into a little bit bigger pot that you mixed some perlite into the MG so it would drain better and let it veg for several more weeks.

when I first started growing I started with Miracle Gro potting soil, I had nothing but problems with the soil. I would recommend in the future you use peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and mycorrhizae. canabinerd has a point about vegetating a cannabis plant longer and growing one larger plant for your setup.

Once again you are all right. I just get all panickity and shit and start worrying my plant is gonna x6 in size and get squeezed up. I will be moving it into coco coir and perlite at the weekend and ill wait for 2 more weeks after friday till I 12/12

I switched my plants @ 16" average I think, I have one that's 28" all others are smaller than that, all the ones I topped grow out instead if up. Would have topped them sooner and topped again before flower if I could do it over.

With a little FIM/topping and some LST you should have no problem vegging a 12-16" plant and then flipping especially if you're using CFL's. They just don't stretch that much if you're keeping your lights close, you should plan on them roughly doubling in height (as long as it's not a really sativa dominant strain) and you can mitigate that with some training.

20131010_183118.jpg

20131010_183212.jpg

Just took some clones. 2 are just leaves as an experiment yo see what happens the others are proper stem nodes l also adjusted the lst position. Stupidly these are all photos of before.

20131013_122519.jpg
So heres the plant on saturday or sunday after re-lsting
Here it is before being topped
20131013_122525.jpg

Here it is after
20131013_122631.jpg

Here it is today and the new leaves are a little yellow. Why?
20131017_174612.jpg

Looks like it could be a bit of a nitrogen deficiency, but check your pH first. And make sure you're checking both the pH of the water you are giving it and the runoff from the pot. My rule is when in danger or in doubt, check your pH, temperature and any pests before you start trying to treat deficiencies. Having said that, coco and perlite have no nutrients in them and you will need to start feeding at some point. But then again from the looks of things you still have a fairly sizeable chunk of MG in there from your original pot so I am somewhat reluctant to jump directly to feeding.

So check your pH and temperature, and if that's all fine. I would start feeding at 25% of the recommended dose of your nutrients and see if that corrects the problem.

Back
Top Bottom