Mmmmick HGL 126W Demo SCROG 4 x Super Skunk x Grape Crush

Re: Mmmmick HGL 126W Demo SCROG 4xSuper Skunk x Grape Crush

Hello Mmmmick, despite the heat looks like those ladies are going to finish and give you some nice buds... Always fun to watch you grows and look forward to seeing those buds all manicured and stinking up the room.... Very nice as usual...:thumb:

Hi sonzor. Thanks, they'll be decent but a little small this time around. I can live with small. I think I might run most of this crop for oil as the strains are good but not the best I have on hand.

it's always good to have you drop in, my friend. I appreciate your continued interest and great comments.

Like sonzor said, it's always a pleasure to stop in. I'm sure you will be satisfied with your own stuff. Wish me luck as I go onto another grow adventure for this winter. Thanks for posting your journal by the way and if you decide not to post another right away it's cool too.. :peacetwo:

hey sisco, always good to see you as well. Yeah, I'm not about size so much anyway and these strains are both worthwhile. I've yet to be dissapointed in potency.

I noticed that new link in your sig, I'll be over to catch up. Good to see you starting another journal. I was planning to take a short break but if I do I'll keep both current journals open anyway and continue them with the new crops.

Too bad about prop19. I guess not ALL Californians are enlightened.

Hey Mick, looks like those girls are close to where you want them :thumb:

How in the hell did you get the screen off? I had to cut my plants out, and it was still a fight.

If you make oil, I'd like to see the process. I have a pipe I was given 40 years that's still waiting for a light :tokin:

:goodjob:

:peace:

Hi Horse. Yep they are getting close, probably won't survive the weekend.

heheh I usually just cut them out because I'm too lazy to rebuild the screen every time but these plants didn't have the size to make it a problem, so they just slipped through with a little help.

I'll document the method I use, though there are lots of youtube vids that show it just the way I expect to do it.

Cool, I've still got a pipe that I bought when I was 14. It's got around 47 years of smoking logged and still going strong. Spark that bowl!!! heheh

Mmmmick, my friend they look good! Your too critical of your own work. We are going wow and your going they're OK! Agree with you winter grow should be much better. Less heat problems and all. Buddy they look very smokable to me! :thumb:

hi OMM

heheh, I'm my own worst critic. I just know the plants have so much more potential than I've been able to bring out, so far. Don't take that to mean I'm not happy with them. Even a half ounce yield is a half ounce to the better.:thumb:

I hope you're pacing yourself now that your helper isn't likely to be as available as originally thought.

Always good to have you drop in, my friend.

hi mate im with OMM those buds look fine....and it wasn t so long ago that you started growing....winter temps are perfect for growing .......i put a oil filled radiator in my grow room for ambient temps during the cold nights and my girls love it lol....look forward to the smoke report.....be lucky mick.....weedtastic

heheh ok, I'm outvoted.

Yeah, I'm just a few steps away from newbness, lol. Getting better as each grow unfolds, though. Man, I couldn't grow a thing before getting into this so it's all good.
I've got an oscillating heater/fan to take help keep the temps in line this winter, it's already been useful a few nights. Below freezing temps are becoming too common lately.
I installed a second fan for intake air. Set that one on high and the original on medium speed so there is always positive pressure in the grow room to keep from drawing household air. It's the same type as the original, S&P DT100x mix-vent. These are nice quiet units. Well worth the money at 120 bucks Canadian for the 4". I'll need to upgrade my intake tubing to the insulated type though. All that cold air will produce lots of drips otherwise.

hey sisco, always good to see you as well. Yeah, I'm not about size so much anyway and these strains are both worthwhile. I've yet to be dissapointed in potency.

I noticed that new link in your sig, I'll be over to catch up. Good to see you starting another journal. I was planning to take a short break but if I do I'll keep both current journals open anyway and continue them with the new crops.

Too bad about prop19. I guess not ALL Californians are enlightened.

I hear you on that size dosn't matter! :tokin:

Yeah, it's that thing they call "greed" prohibition money is hard to let go of.

The votes got lost in the Emarld Green Triangle! I'll be looking for ya'.:popcorn:

I hear you on that size dosn't matter! :tokin:

Yeah, it's that thing they call "greed" prohibition money is hard to let go of.

The votes got lost in the Emarld Green Triangle! I'll be looking for ya'.:popcorn:

I think the greed thing had plenty to do with it, and not just the prohibition funds. I imagine most local growers would like to keep the status quo. If prop19 passed they would have had to cut prices drastically.

I think the greed thing had plenty to do with it, and not just the prohibition funds. I imagine most local growers would like to keep the status quo. If prop19 passed they would have had to cut prices drastically.

Exactly.

Sadly, some of the most fervently opposed where the medical cannabis clubs. I remember seeing the owner of one club interviewed on the local news saying she was opposed to 19 because it's dangerous if not used under the direction of a physician...

Voter turnout was our downfall. Even among my small circle of friends, only half actually showed up to vote. I can't imagine how dismal turnout was for people who don't have a biweekly poker night with a Prop 19 consultant that constantly talked about it...

I'm very frustrated with the people of my generation... so fucking lazy.

Hi johnG.

The med clubs don't want any competition. The comment about the danger of self medicating seems quite self-serving. Either that, or med club owners aren't required to be very bright.

I suspect there was a lot of money dumped into the NO campaign. It'd be great if people would think for themselves instead of allowing televised sound bites/video clips(spin)to guide them.

I agree with you guys, the unfortunate thing is the dispensary owners and growers are on the same page as the feds and the cops. If people would just get informed with at least some of the truth and not give in to all the B.S. there is no question MJ would be legal. One of the biggest issues and why the government in trying so hard to fight legalization is once people are informed they will start asking questions as to why MJ was made Illegal in the first place. I am pretty sure the people in the government know exactly why and am also pretty sure they do not want the American people to know why and even more important why they kept this amazingly harmful law as long as they have. One example, I was talking to my parents about this topic and my Mom thinks MJ is from the devil always has. She said that she heard on the news that kids where getting out of school, lining up at a dispensary to get pot. What the hell, where does this stuff come from. The only thing I know for sure about the legalization of MJ is from the very start, the government and media can make up what every comes to mind no matter how silly and people eat it up. Not sure if its stupid people or the fact that government has done such a great jog of scaring people that they will believe anything.

Sorry for the rant, it just pisses me off to no end...

I think the government is in a pretty hard spot. If they come out and say that MJ is legal they are also going to have to come out and say that for all these so many years they have been lying to everyone and have imprisoned people for sometimes there whole lives, based on a lie. Not sure that is ever going to happen, but I will keep my fingers crossed

Hi sonzor, feel free to rant any time.

It's certainly frustrating when the media uses rumor and falsehood to jazz up their story and people suck it up as truth without a second thought.
We'll just have to continue to educate and inform those around us.

Plants are all down, dried and stripped of stems, then powdered for the oil pot. I removed the stems just to keep from poking holes in my paper filters.

309g wet, 72 g of dried powder, total. Pretty light for 4 plants but there was a lot of brown in the Afi buds, so I cut most of it out.

Only took a group shot.
2_Afi_plus_2_Super_Crush_309g_wet_1.JPG

Plants are all down, dried and stripped of stems, then powdered for the oil pot. I removed the stems just to keep from poking holes in my paper filters.

309g wet, 72 g of dried powder, total. Pretty light for 4 plants but there was a lot of brown in the Afi buds, so I cut most of it out.

Only took a group shot.
2_Afi_plus_2_Super_Crush_309g_wet_1.JPG

Mmmmick, I was wondering when you would harvest.... Almost dragging the end along like the beginning :lot-o-toke: just kidding man.

What do you mean by powdered? 72g of it for oil? That's a bunch of cookies.:yahoo:

Looks like you made the most out of it. Nice job, enjoy...

Back
Top Bottom