Mono's Perpetual Soil

Plants are plodding along happily today. Progress is being made.

The Pineapple chunks I bent over yesterday have had a spirt of growth from the lower branches, they will be tied down later on today. I am hopping they can keep this speed up for the next month and I may just be able to fill the tent.

Will need to think of a way of watering the plants in the tent as currently they are taken out to be watered. Not sure I want to do that if the tent is going to be full. Any Ideas?

:peace:

I have had plants from seed show in four weeks, never more than six weeks.

Ok, this is giving me some hope. Today is day one of week six for me. If they're not showing signs of sex by the end of the week I'm disowning them. Out on the streets to fend for themselves!

Ok, this is giving me some hope. Today is day one of week six for me. If they're not showing signs of sex by the end of the week I'm disowning them. Out on the streets to fend for themselves!

Haha be patient Dresney. It is all strain dependent. Sativa dominant strains can take what seems like a lifetime to do anything lol

I'm sure they will show soon enough. Are they feminised seeds you are using or only regular?

My GDP is regular and Trainwreck is feminized. I wasn't worried about the Trainwreck sex until I read that plants with whorled phllyotaxy are usually male. That put me in a tizzy I can't seem to shake. I need to get over it though... They're going to do what they do no matter what I think.

I can't see you getting less than an oz on those autos.

Thank's for the vote of confidence b.real. An ounce off each should be enough to keep the jars full until the others are done. I'm quite amazed at how much they have grown over the past week. Was beginning to get a bit scare. My wife looked in the tent and asked me what I was doing, "those plants are tiny, and flowering already. Ain't going to get F all off them". Now, thankfully they have tripled in size during the stretch and she is once again a happy woman haha.

:high-five:

My GDP is regular and Trainwreck is feminized. I wasn't worried about the Trainwreck sex until I read that plants with whorled phllyotaxy are usually male. That put me in a tizzy I can't seem to shake. I need to get over it though... They're going to do what they do no matter what I think.

If the GDP is male, what will you do with him?

I wouldn't worry about the feminised seed turning out male, the breeders and seedbanks have reputations they want to keep. Not good on their part if they sell feminised seeds that turn out to be male. I think the worst case you may see if there is a male trait in there is that you will end up with a hermaphrodite. Even then though will still be better weed than street weed. And the seeds should most likely be feminised :)

:Namaste:

My question was do you find the GLR makes a plant take longer to show sex. I have had plants from seed show in four weeks, never more than six weeks. However, you say with GLR it takes you eight weeks to determine sex.

That is probably due to the fact that I use CFLs over HID or LED. As much as I like the benefits of CFLs, lower inital cost, low heat compared to HIDs, ease of bulb replacement compared to LEDs, I believe that they are the worst performer of the three options stated above. With the heat issues that I'm currently dealing with, I can't justify using HIDs. In the future I plan to move to LEDs but price/performance is simply not there for me yet.

led's are starting to do the job colorado. do u follow jon705? he is showing fantastic results with them, im changing all my rooms to led. the cost isnt so great really. for a mars ll panel or area 51 panel u looking at about £350, i pay £225 for 1 1000w digi ballast and 1 1000w bulb then £170 for a cooltube hood (magnum xxxl are my main hoods). there fore its more expensive to buy the hid lihjting set up, plus factor in the cost of running. LEDs are getting there, remember the most expensive LED's arent necessarily the best either.

I agree that LEDs are improving and will at some point become the dominate lighting for cannabis grows, but they aren't quite there yet IMHO. That is why I'm waiting a little longer to switch, for what I've invested in my lighting setup, ~$300, I have 400+ watts of 6700K, 400+ watts of 2700K plus an additional 100 watts of 10% UVB CFLs and the energy costs are well within reason. I'm the sort of person that likes to wait until a technology has become commonplace and is no longer looked upon as an expensive upgrade. For instance, when DVD players first came out in 1997, the least expensive were $1000 with some much higher, I didn't join in until 2004 when they were less than $200. We still have an old style CRT Sony for television, although the next one will be LCD/LED/Plasma. I find that following that approach you get the best of both worlds, proven technology at a reasonable price.

I agree that LEDs are improving and will at some point become the dominate lighting for cannabis grows, but they aren't quite there yet IMHO. That is why I'm waiting a little longer to switch, for what I've invested in my lighting setup, ~$300, I have 400+ watts of 6700K, 400+ watts of 2700K plus an additional 100 watts of 10% UVB CFLs and the energy costs are well within reason.

400 watts of cfl will cost the same to run as 400 watts of hps.

400 watts is 400 watts...

:peace::Namaste:

This is probably of no use to you since you are most likely doing this on a larger scale but I recently put my plants on my radiator with a plate underneath the pot and damn, do they ever grow fast!

hahaha yeah true, my pants do get pretty hot and dry when they are chillen on the rad's the whole day so i def need to water twice as much just so the roots dont fry.

hahahaha just realized that i wrote 'pants' instead of 'plants'. i will just leave that typo for your viewing pleasure haaaah!

i wouldnt leave plants on radiator, but maybe let the pot warm up then remove. warm soil works way better than cold soil.... yet in my buckets i want the opposite, cold water as opposed to warm water. growing weed is crazy when u sit and think about it, so many ways and means, it can burn ones head out if think about it too much, thats prob why im nuts haha

Back
Top Bottom