Mr Am4zin's Attempt At Fluxing A Monster - And A Few Side Projects

Have a look at the douwe egberts coffee jars. Glass jar, glass lid with a rubber seal not wax paper. Look just like the 420 mag jars just bigger :passitleft:

I use the same ones, if you know anyone who goes to Macro they do BIG jars of Dowe Egberts, they do the job for me and the coffee's pretty tasty too:rofl:
:passitleft:

I just only started reading this journal, but thank goodness I did. I've done scrog before but always wanted to try mainlining so that's what I decided to do for this grow. When I started research to refresh my memory I saw an alteration to the method called a nebula manifold. Sounded good. Now I come to find out the name has been changed again to fluxing! Oh my. It's not as descriptive, for me, but it's cute. I like it. I'm gonna go tell my husband I'm fluxing my plants, and he can watch. :laughtwo:

:tokin:

Okay, wish me luck, I'm going back in. *Jumps back to page 2*

I just only started reading this journal, but thank goodness I did. I've done scrog before but always wanted to try mainlining so that's what I decided to do for this grow. When I started research to refresh my memory I saw an alteration to the method called a nebula manifold. Sounded good. Now I come to find out the name has been changed again to fluxing! Oh my. It's not as descriptive, for me, but it's cute. I like it. I'm gonna go tell my husband I'm fluxing my plants, and he can watch. :laughtwo:

Hi man, it's all pretty similar you're making uniformed stem structure, note though that there are still the terminal buds which will receive the most from the plant. There is also the possibility to top to the second or even the first node with great results. You don't know if you like it until you try it. I reckon you need to top 5 times to get something similar Mr. A has here. It might take less time than 110 days (90 maybe?) but I doubt she will be that short. Might be with a net. But I haven't tried that. Happy growing! :love: :Namaste:

Hi man, it's all pretty similar you're making uniformed stem structure, note though that there are still the terminal buds which will receive the most from the plant. There is also the possibility to top to the second or even the first node with great results. You don't know if you like it until you try it. I reckon you need to top 5 times to get something similar Mr. A has here. It might take less time than 110 days (90 maybe?) but I doubt she will be that short. Might be with a net. But I haven't tried that. Happy growing! :love: :Namaste:

A proper Flux, only gets topped a total of 3 times. Once in the beginning to split the main and begin training out laterally. Then again at each main terminal (2) a few weeks before switching to flower.

You can keep her as short as you train her to be. I have a flux going that is basically 1cm above the soil. Lol.

Cheers Mr A! Hope you don't mind me stepping in.

A proper Flux, only gets topped a total of 3 times. Once in the beginning to split the main and begin training out laterally. Then again at each main terminal (2) a few weeks before switching to flower.

You can keep her as short as you train her to be. I have a flux going that is basically 1cm above the soil. Lol.

Hi man, interesting grow you have going on. I'm counting the 5x topping bit different first one to get two, second to get to 4 tops, 3rd for 8 tops etc... So total of 31 cuts for 32 terminal buds. Just like you do with your manifold. I'm doing it right now with 8 tops and some bonus laterals but I only tied her up little. She smells amazing. I bet your autos do too. Happy growing man! :love: :Namaste:

Hi man, interesting grow you have going on. I'm counting the 5x topping bit different first one to get two, second to get to 4 tops, 3rd for 8 tops etc... So total of 31 cuts for 32 terminal buds. Just like you do with your manifold. I'm doing it right now with 8 tops and some bonus laterals but I only tied her up little. She smells amazing. I bet your autos do too. Happy growing man! :love: :Namaste:

That will be one BIG lady!! I'd love to check it out!!

That will be one BIG lady!! I'd love to check it out!!

I do not have the time to do that unfortunately. I'm getting on my own feet, enjoying all the available education I can get. But if you top right after she grows 1 node each time, let her grow just a bit after the very last topping, prune for optimal bud/light coverage and airflow then she sure won't be that BIG! :-D Some ponytailing and side light for quicker recovery... it all sound great on paper. Hey, let's leave it here as an inspiration if Mr. A won't object, he is the boss! And have you heard of the cannagars? Me neither until few minutes ago. Cheers! :love: :Namaste:

All I've used until winning the 420 jar. No complaints ;)

Same here. :thumb:

Those are nice jars, I will keep an eye out! I think those are not sold here but I just swoosh through coffee section haha. Thanks man! :thumb:

Widely available in the UK in smaller jars. Cash and carry for the big ones. I get mine from Costco :high-five:

I use the same ones, if you know anyone who goes to Macro they do BIG jars of Dowe Egberts, they do the job for me and the coffee's pretty tasty too:rofl:
:passitleft:

I don't drink coffee so I wouldn't know but we employ 9 staff who drink nothing but. Gotta be a good boss and give nice coffee out, being in them great jars has absolutely nothing to do with why I buy it :rofl:

Hey nutter, fluxing stands on its own as a training style, it has similar features to mainlining and manifold. It's not the name that's changed, it's the style. :thumb:

I topped just 3 times, plenty of full limb removal but only 3 toppings.

:circle-of-love:

Not at all Mr Dan. I thank you for it in my absence.

What Dan said :laughtwo:

But seriously topping so many times is not fluxing, this is mainlining. It does make for some big plants tho, this is what is in my head for my next go round.

I do not have the time to do that unfortunately. I'm getting on my own feet, enjoying all the available education I can get. But if you top right after she grows 1 node each time, let her grow just a bit after the very last topping, prune for optimal bud/light coverage and airflow then she sure won't be that BIG! :-D Some ponytailing and side light for quicker recovery... it all sound great on paper. Hey, let's leave it here as an inspiration if Mr. A won't object, he is the boss! And have you heard of the cannagars? Me neither until few minutes ago. Cheers! :love: :Namaste:

I don't mind what you leave here as long as it don't smell bad and it's on topic :rofl:

UPDATE COMING LATER

:cheer::drool::cheer:

Woooeee! All caught up and may I say this journal has been inspiring! I'm glad I get to see this finish in real time. I almost had a heart attack when I saw that main stem split though. Nice save! :bravo:

Unfortunately, while impressive, it looks like fluxing has a much longer veg time than manifolding. Sooo I'm going to execute my perogative as a woman and change my mind. :blalol: I'll be manifolding my first grow as I need meds ASAP. I am intrigued though and may well try fluxing for a subsequent grow. Waiting will also help me harden myself for what must be done in fluxing. Let's just say I'm comfortable with the fuzzy pink handcuffs and you used the real steel cuffs with whips, chains and a full rubber suit on your girl.

:jawdropper:

:cheer::drool::cheer:

Woooeee! All caught up and may I say this journal has been inspiring! I'm glad I get to see this finish in real time. I almost had a heart attack when I saw that main stem split though. Nice save! :bravo:

Unfortunately, while impressive, it looks like fluxing has a much longer veg time than manifolding. Sooo I'm going to execute my perogative as a woman and change my mind. :blalol: I'll be manifolding my first grow as I need meds ASAP. I am intrigued though and may well try fluxing for a subsequent grow. Waiting will also help me harden myself for what must be done in fluxing. Let's just say I'm comfortable with the fuzzy pink handcuffs and you used the real steel cuffs with whips, chains and a full rubber suit on your girl.

:jawdropper:

It's been one hell of a journey so far, ups and downs and 1 unresolved issue (more on that later) when she split, I came so close to shredding her for compost. Fluxing takes patience, so much patience. If your after quick meds then this is not the training style for you, yet but it's a good way to spend time with your plants. I'll hit you with reps for reading the full journal, 100 pages is no easy thing. :passitleft:

It's been one hell of a journey so far, ups and downs and 1 unresolved issue (more on that later) when she split, I came so close to shredding her for compost. Fluxing takes patience, so much patience. If your after quick meds then this is not the training style for you, yet but it's a good way to spend time with your plants. I'll hit you with reps for reading the full journal, 100 pages is no easy thing. :passitleft:

But you persevered and she looks amazing! Bonus is she's so far in to flowering, even with a problem, you'll still likely get a good yield.

Come on, the end is in sight. You've got this!

:cheer::cheer:

Fluxing Monster
Pure Chocolope
Day 160

12/12 + 52
Pistels + 49

Good evening my friends, I thought it was about time I let you all know how my fluxing monster is getting on. Well, her low soil ph issue continues and will probably continue until I harvest, despite my best efforts. I treated her again with the potassium bicarbonate today and will get her feed tomorrow. Other than that, not much has changed.

DSC_6017.JPG

DSC_6019.JPG

DSC_6026.JPG

DSC_6029.JPG

DSC_6032.JPG

DSC_6016.JPG

Plans for the next adventure are pretty well advanced now, my living organic soil mix has been dispatched and should be with me this week. All I have to do now is figure out what seeds to crack first. I have quite the list of seeds but they all need to finish before 20th Feb. This will give me about 7 weeks veg time, leaving 10 weeks to flower, or I could run some autos, I have a lime daiquiri I'm itching to grow out. Decisions decisions :passitleft:

Fluxing Monster
Pure Chocolope
Day 160

12/12 + 52
Pistels + 49

Good evening my friends, I thought it was about time I let you all know how my fluxing monster is getting on. Well, her low soil ph issue continues and will probably continue until I harvest, despite my best efforts. I treated her again with the potassium bicarbonate today and will get her feed tomorrow. Other than that, not much has changed.

DSC_6017.JPG

DSC_6019.JPG

DSC_6026.JPG

DSC_6029.JPG

DSC_6032.JPG

DSC_6016.JPG

Plans for the next adventure are pretty well advanced now, my living organic soil mix has been dispatched and should be with me this week. All I have to do now is figure out what seeds to crack first. I have quite the list of seeds but they all need to finish before 20th Feb. This will give me about 7 weeks veg time, leaving 10 weeks to flower, or I could run some autos, I have a lime daiquiri I'm itching to grow out. Decisions decisions :passitleft:

Absolutely stellar my friend. What do you think? 10 more days?

Back
Top Bottom