Onwards & Upwards With Mr Am4zin

Hey, Mr. A! Gotta say I like how you pulled that first perpetual girl. She just looks golden. Some gold right here! :bravo:

I got a theory: the Mars in the veg room and some tasty LEDs and UV bulb in the flower room. You will have a forest there in no time. No seriously, I think the vegroom could use some make you bigger girls to be put to flower, otherwise you can go 12/12 from seed or have one mother plant and take clones. You can always supercrop her when she gets too tall. I think the Mars is wonderful for vegging, not so for flowering. Check out chilledgrowlights and quantum board (sold out forever? :( ). Those are some top notch professional grow light solutions in tighter spaces. I also got olla watering system and it grew me beautiful fat girl in record speed. I mean she thickened up so quickly, I think because the olla prunes the roots and the plant focuses on them first. You can do like a small thick flux and then let it flower. That would be nice bud bunch, like bananas :)

GrowHack: MARS to CREE conversion DIY LED grow light - YouTube

With this light you are looking at almost twice the light for your girls. You can use cheaper LEDs than CREE. Some 36V Vero or Citizen for decent price.

I know I jab and blab LEDs here, but I wanted to share some ideas with you. Peace man, may the medicine be plentiful for you! :circle-of-love: :Namaste:

Hey, Mr. A! Gotta say I like how you pulled that first perpetual girl. She just looks golden. Some gold right here! :bravo:

I got a theory: the Mars in the veg room and some tasty LEDs and UV bulb in the flower room. You will have a forest there in no time. No seriously, I think the vegroom could use some make you bigger girls to be put to flower, otherwise you can go 12/12 from seed or have one mother plant and take clones. You can always supercrop her when she gets too tall. I think the Mars is wonderful for vegging, not so for flowering. Check out chilledgrowlights and quantum board (sold out forever? :( ). Those are some top notch professional grow light solutions in tighter spaces. I also got olla watering system and it grew me beautiful fat girl in record speed. I mean she thickened up so quickly, I think because the olla prunes the roots and the plant focuses on them first. You can do like a small thick flux and then let it flower. That would be nice bud bunch, like bananas :)

With this light you are looking at almost twice the light for your girls. You can use cheaper LEDs than CREE. Some 36V Vero or Citizen for decent price.

I know I jab and blab LEDs here, but I wanted to share some ideas with you. Peace man, may the medicine be plentiful for you! :circle-of-love: :Namaste:

I actually have this exact light collecting dust in my garage. Wish you didn't have to solder to make them work

:party::passitleft:Now that looks tasty stuff :party:

I'll let you know in a few days thus batch can't dry quick enough, luckily an angel delivered me a small parcel today. :passitleft:

You have no idea how many times I've watched that video. The flower box will stay as is for the time being (I am going to replace the blue led's when I get an iron that will melt the super strength Chinese solder, my snap on Britain powered one wouldn't touch it)bit it will get an upgrade at some point. The veg space is going to get an upgrade soon. Them t5 tubes just don't do it for me, slow, very slow growth. I've got a plan for some diy cobs but spare cash seems to be a bit scarce at the moment.
As for keeping the perpetual going, my long term plan is to keep 3 bonsai style mums in veg and clone as and when needed. What strains to keep? I'm still working on this.

I actually have this exact light collecting dust in my garage. Wish you didn't have to solder to make them work

Get it sent this way then, I'm a dab hand with a soldering iron :rofl:

I joke of course, welcome to my journal buddy :passitleft:

You can use wago clips Komplex, there are holders for the LED chips with clips (the middle one in the video). You need to tape them good (pristine clean surface/hands neded). I guess some nicely ended wire is also needed so it holds properly in them. Soldering is not that hard with some decent iron and practice. I think you can pull it off without soldering, he soldered it because it is the best way, but not the only way. :thumb:

You have no idea how many times I've watched that video. The flower box will stay as is for the time being (I am going to replace the blue led's when I get an iron that will melt the super strength Chinese solder, my snap on Britain powered one wouldn't touch it)bit it will get an upgrade at some point. The veg space is going to get an upgrade soon. Them t5 tubes just don't do it for me, slow, very slow growth. I've got a plan for some diy cobs but spare cash seems to be a bit scarce at the moment.
As for keeping the perpetual going, my long term plan is to keep 3 bonsai style mums in veg and clone as and when needed. What strains to keep? I'm still working on this.

Yes, Mr. A bonsai mums! Sounds awesome! You can graft like 5 strains on each, so good variety can be achieved. You gotta prune them roots sometimes. I'm going to expo this weekend and there will be grafting workshop (among others) there. I will be taking tons of photos and add link to my signature. I feel you with the cash man, I've been putting my light together like 3 months now :) just waiting for the great deals (and cash), haha. You stay happy and worry not for what is and look forward to what's to come! :thumb: :thanks: :love:

Yes, Mr. A bonsai mums! Sounds awesome! You can graft like 5 strains on each, so good variety can be achieved. You gotta prune them roots sometimes. I'm going to expo this weekend and there will be grafting workshop (among others) there. I will be taking tons of photos and add link to my signature. I feel you with the cash man, I've been putting my light together like 3 months now :) just waiting for the great deals (and cash), haha. You stay happy and worry not what is and look forward what's to come! :thumb: :thanks: :love:

Grafting is not something that ever crossed my mind. I used to keep bonsai trees a few years ago, when I lost my big one (A Chinese elm at 57 years) I gave the rest away. Once established the maintenance is pretty simple, trim the roots and pot on every year or so.

A lot to look forward too. Always amazed at what you pull out. Even though you don't have much space you make it work very well! Plants are looking excellent! Nice buds!

Thanks man, Always a lot to look forward to round here. :passitleft:

He he a grafting workshop :)

:rofl:

I'm on this ... great reason to dust off my soldering station! Thanks T.

Oh problems with Chinese solder... they use lead free solder (which sucks), it's melting point is about ~30c higher that leaded solder. I think the EU has a lead free solder law nowadays.

Prolly why the Chinese use lead free.... It's crap used for electronics. I use silver solder with lead mixed in. The only way I do it. It will last almost forever, unlike lead free solder.

You will need a solder iron that's made for lead free or get one with a temp dial and dial up more heat to melt the LF solder.

Not sure Leaded solder has been banned in the UK tho.. would be surprised if it was.

The ban on leaded solder is a few hundred years late tho... what are all the copper and lead pipes we get our water from soldered together with? Yikes.... food for thought!

I'm on this ... great reason to dust off my soldering station! Thanks T.

Oh problems with Chinese solder... they use lead free solder (which sucks), it's melting point is about ~30c higher that leaded solder. I think the EU has a lead free solder law nowadays.

Prolly why the Chinese use lead free.... It's crap used for electronics. I use silver solder with lead mixed in. The only way I do it. It will last almost forever, unlike lead free solder.

You will need a solder iron that's made for lead free or get one with a temp dial and dial up more heat to melt the LF solder.

Not sure Leaded solder has been banned in the UK tho.. would be surprised if it was.

The ban on leaded solder is a few hundred years late tho... what are all the copper and lead pipes we get our water from soldered together with? Yikes.... food for thought!

Now that is some food for thought, I tested my tap water a while back with a ts meter and got a very low result of 63ppm. After a quick Web search I found that Leaded solder in plumbing is banned in the uk and has been for years but you can still use it in other applications.
I got the led's changed up on the light unit last weekend, got me a 125w soldering iron, after 15 minutes turned on the damn thing was glowing red hot. I got there in the end tho and without injury, which is a bonus. Plans for a veg room light upgrade are well advanced. :thumb:
:passitleft:

Now that is some food for thought, I tested my tap water a while back with a ts meter and got a very low result of 63ppm. After a quick Web search I found that Leaded solder in plumbing is banned in the uk and has been for years but you can still use it in other applications.
I got the led's changed up on the light unit last weekend, got me a 125w soldering iron, after 15 minutes turned on the damn thing was glowing red hot. I got there in the end tho and without injury, which is a bonus. Plans for a veg room light upgrade are well advanced. :thumb:
:passitleft:

Aw nice bro.... Yeah I figured leaded solder for electronics would not be banned. The Brits have some decent engineers and level heads usually win out!

Are you doing what was in the youtube vid?? Red hot is pretty hot .... I use a solder station with adjustable heat and digital temp readout so I know exactly how hot the iron is ... still manage to burn myself sometimes.

Take some pics of your light while you're building it and share with us... that'd be awesome. Get me off my lazy ass too!!

Aw nice bro.... Yeah I figured leaded solder for electronics would not be banned. The Brits have some decent engineers and level heads usually win out!

Are you doing what was in the youtube vid?? Red hot is pretty hot .... I use a solder station with adjustable heat and digital temp readout so I know exactly how hot the iron is ... still manage to burn myself sometimes.

Take some pics of your light while you're building it and share with us... that'd be awesome. Get me off my lazy ass too!!

Would be very interested in seeing your diy light come together! :passitleft:

I'll be doing something similar with different equipment but it won't have as much power. I'll be sure to document the process for all to see. I'm still waiting for some parts to arrive but shouldn't be too long.

Re: Onwards & Upwards With Mr Am4zin

They make our plumbers here use lead free solder when soldering copper. Every now and then you can get away with 95/5. I've used 50/50 before but that was just used for tinning and terminating a lead pipe.

The DIY light builds are contagious around here! :laughtwo:

Re: Onwards & Upwards With Mr Am4zin

They make our plumbers here use lead free solder when soldering copper. Every now and then you can get away with 95/5. I've used 50/50 before but that was just used for tinning and terminating a lead pipe.

The DIY light builds are contagious around here! :laughtwo:

We can surely learn from each other on DIY. All the shapes and functions. I'm getting my power source early next month, yay! I think here we use like 95/5 the 5 is silver and copper. Lovely thing to work with. Especially with adjustable iron. I've heard USA has some problems with lead. Like paints and plumbing. I can recommend cilantro, beetroot and raw potatoes, they absorb it from the body. Salad generally is the way to get rid your body of heavy metals. What a world we live in, but still I love this Planet, she is so kind and still have patience, amazing. Peace guys and happy soldering! :thanks: :circle-of-love: :Namaste:

Long overdue flower room pics.

I meant to upload these yesterday bit I got high and forgot :lot-o-toke: The 3 small girls look great, the chocoloco looks like crap.

DSC_0012145.JPG

DSC_0013127.JPG

DSC_0016128.JPG

DSC_0021107.JPG

DSC_0024106.JPG

DSC_0023102.JPG

DSC_0026106.JPG

DSC_003085.JPG

DSC_003277.JPG

DSC_003383.JPG

DSC_003772.JPG

DSC_004261.JPG

DSC_004756.JPG

DSC_004862.JPG

Cocoloco

DSC_005255.JPG

DSC_005155.JPG

DSC_005049.JPG

That cocoloco is looking purdy. Nice fall colors on her.

She was cleaned up well before the pics were taken, the soil is missing something but I can't figure out what. No matter what I do the yellowing continues, leaves die and those that don't are turning red. She is only 12/12 +26.

Hey MrA things are looking good but I see what you mean with that Chocolope, she looks seriously lacking in Nitrogen. I don't know if it's due to there not being enough or whether she is suffering lockout. I can't see it being a lockout due to excess salts as I know that you're not using chemical feed so that leaves too much Potassium or your soil PH being too high (too much Lime). Other than that there's not a lot more I can suggest to remedy it other than changing the soil make up, that's if it is down to Nitrogen lol but it definitely looks that way.

Back
Top Bottom