Mr Teddy's Greek Indoor Grow - Indicas - Soil - LEDs

Hello Mr. Teddy,

Great to hear the ladies are doing fine. I'm sure they will thrive!

I must say that your posts are always very entertaining, you're quite a jolly bloke! :high-five:

Can't wait for the photo update.

I'm always a little scared of bringing outdoor stuff into the cabinets. Make sure there are no bugs in that humus.

With what have you mixed it?

Happy Growing!
:Namaste:

I had the same problems with mazar, they seemed very susceptible to nutrient burn at the early stages even with a very low ppm, I wouldn't worry too much look how she turned out.

100_28453.JPG

I'm always a little scared of bringing outdoor stuff into the cabinets. Make sure there are no bugs in that humus.

With what have you mixed it?

Happy Growing!
:Namaste:
:cheer: Mr Berry. I'll be doing the soil mix update with photos next week when I pot the girls on into their lovely new airpots. I was going to do it today, but we've had torrential rain which is forecast to continue until Monday. (Mrs T is not so happy about me potting indoors and that's fine - the three little girls are by no means pot-bound yet). The mixed soil is currently resting happily in the shed with all the elements getting to know each other.

But I do agree about the dangers of using the fabulous forest humus. This summer a grub from it ate my Durban Poison tap root. Here's the little chap. I can barely look at this photo again. :laughtwo:

DSC_08882.JPG

So this time I have filtered it extremely carefully by hand. There's still a risk of course. But it is so full of microorganisms and acts as a brilliant pH buffer that I'll take my chances. (Easy to be bullish about it now, of course. :)).
:circle-of-love:

I had the same problems with mazar, they seemed very susceptible to nutrient burn at the early stages even with a very low ppm, I wouldn't worry too much look how she turned out.

Hmmm..not a bad looking specimen, Piranha. :goodjob: If mine's half as wonderful I'll be delighted. Thanks for posting the picture.
:high-five:

All is well in the tent. Picture update to follow after supper.
:love: Mr Teddy

Well, I definitely wrote a funny, entertaining and informative tent update with pictures last night. Obviously forgot to press 'Submit Reply'.
:lot-o-toke::rofl:

Will re-write it later. Sorry.

DAY 17 UPDATE (ON DAY 18) - BACK ON TRACK WITH NEW ADDED PROBLEM-SOLUTION AND AN EXCITING MOMENT

The girls are looking absolutely lovely. Four sets of leaves, all good and green. No further browning and the new green means that you can barely see it now.

DSC_14591.JPG
DSC_14572.jpg
DSC_14553.JPG
DSC_14544.JPG
DSC_14532.JPG

I was going to pot them on this weekend into their sparkling new airpots, but the torrential storms continue. The small roads here are red rivers, running with the clay washed down from the mountain. Mrs Teddy isn't keen on me potting indoors, and that's fine - the girls are only just showing their bottom roots so Monday, when this weather is due to clear, will be fine.

I've been puzzling over that browning. It was on the bottom-most leaves, so must have been a soil related rather than light related problem. And I'm pretty sure it wasn't the soil itself. And then I recalled Graytail's post asking if I watered thoroughly enough. Yes, the old careful double-watering is now one of my core skills. But - did I water often enough? I think I let them dry out just too much. Which would explain the leaf browning / drying. So chalk up another lesson learnt. :)

BLUE SPECTRUM

Better get used it I suppose. I've just turned off the CFLs and turned on the PlatinumLED 450 veg spectrum. I think it's pulling just 90W (compared to 140W CFL). I've placed it 20 inches above so now I need to keep a close eye on the girls and on the environment to see if the temperature will need adjustment.

DSC_14485.JPG
DSC_14495.jpg
DSC_14506.JPG

Ladies and Gentlemen, Phase 2 has begun.
Pip Pip! Mr Teddy x

They are looking awesome :love: !!! Great job on fixing the weird browning, happens some times, if it stopped progressing that means it was nothing major.

They must be loving the new shinny light ! Am jelly on it, maybe if I get a christmas bonus will get one too :cheer:
I personally would of kept the cfl's more, they seem to really enjoy that light, not saying they won't enjoy this, but you had plenty of light to keep going least until you transplanted.
Also if you aren't using them any longer I would remove them from the tent, the heat from the LED might shorten their life-span!

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Very nice looking grow. I'm running the P300 over 2 plants, and really excited to see how the P450 does for 3. Best of luck on the grow.

They are looking awesome :love: !!! Great job on fixing the weird browning, happens some times, if it stopped progressing that means it was nothing major.

They must be loving the new shinny light ! Am jelly on it, maybe if I get a christmas bonus will get one too :cheer:
I personally would of kept the cfl's more, they seem to really enjoy that light, not saying they won't enjoy this, but you had plenty of light to keep going least until you transplanted.
Also if you aren't using them any longer I would remove them from the tent, the heat from the LED might shorten their life-span!

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Thank you my European neighbour. (Although for how long given the political rhetoric echoing round Britain right now, I don't know). :cheesygrinsmiley: All good wishes to you.

Yes, I'm sure you're right about waiting a little longer before firing up the Enterprise. Y'know, you're 11, you get a cricket bat for Christmas, there's a foot of snow, whatcha gonna do? Go outside and play cricket, that's what. :rofl:

Good tip on CFL life span. :thanks: Will do, M'am.

Your autos are splendid to behold, daT. :circle-of-love:

very nice.

Thanks b.real. Feedback always welcome. Complimentary feedback is given a hug and a glass of champagne.
:thanks:

Very nice looking grow. I'm running the P300 over 2 plants, and really excited to see how the P450 does for 3. Best of luck on the grow.

:welcome: a58dguy (Did you just press 7 keys randomly? :laughtwo:) Thanks for popping in. I was going to get the 300, but talking to Mark at PlatinumLED, he convinced me that a 450 would be better for the tent size. Either he's just a great salesman or else...no, he's a great guy who knows what he's talking about. Really helpful company.
:cheer:

'THE LAST POST' has just been written over on my outdoor journal. The final harvest of the summer. A bit sad and very, very happy.

DAY 21 UPDATE - POTTING ON AND A WORRYING DEVELOPMENT

'Evening All.

Let's begin with the good stuff. Potting on into the 12.5 litre airpots. Very exciting. We get to see their root development. :yahoo::laughtwo:

So last week I went up into the deciduous woods behind the house and found my favourite spot for humus. Here it is.

DSC_14508.JPG

Sifting the soil carefully by hand to try and ensure that I wasn't bug collecting, I got enough to make up about 15% of the mix. It's beautiful stuff, smelling of flora and the country green (one for Graytail) and theoretically should be full of healthy micro-organisms, improve the soil structure and act as a great pH buffer.

DSC_14497.JPG

Then i mixed it.
15% humus
50% light potting soil for veg (what they went into after germination)
10% compost
10% chicken doo-doos (as my old gran would call it. That's not what's on the packaging)
15% perlite.

DSC_14487.JPG

DSC_14526.JPG

And in they went. Nice full root systems. Definitely time to re-pot.

DSC_14546.JPG
DSC_14534.JPG
DSC_14554.JPG

However, on a less encouraging note, the leaf tip browning on Mazar and Masterkush has returned and spread.

DSC_14582.JPG
DSC_14563.JPG
DSC_14574.JPG

I really am at a bit of a loss now to understand it. They've not been fed yet, so it's not nute burn and Blueberry is completely unaffected. However, unless anyone's got any better ideas, I'm just going to let them settle into their new homes for a few days and keep, as always, a close eye on them.

Take care and Pip Pip!
:circle-of-love: Mr Teddy x

the leaf burn doesn't seem to be progressing, it's just finishing its cycle if you know what I mean. new growth looks great and you should be getting some big girls in no time :goodjob:

I had a look over the update I think that is an over watering
I can say this with confidence:blunt: ,,,,,:smokin: yep I know cause it happened twice on my last 2 grows try to hold back take a rough weight of the pot after watering then when its nearly ready for the next an you will never :straightface: sorry shouldn't have the problem again saying that I still seem to over water on my first part of the grow,,hey Mr Teddy what are the laws like in Gods Playground

the leaf burn doesn't seem to be progressing, it's just finishing its cycle if you know what I mean. new growth looks great and you should be getting some big girls in no time :goodjob:

:thanks: b.real I really appreciate your input. I do know what you mean and the browning has stopped today (or slowed right down). Tops still looking luscious, so let's just leave 'em to get settled into their new pots and soil.

I just read the start hey Mr Teddy that was the best start to a journal I ever read :rofl:

I had a look over the update I think that is an over watering
I can say this with confidence:blunt: ,,,,,:smokin: yep I know cause it happened twice on my last 2 grows try to hold back take a rough weight of the pot after watering then when its nearly ready for the next an you will never :straightface: sorry shouldn't have the problem again saying that I still seem to over water on my first part of the grow,,hey Mr Teddy what are the laws like in Gods Playground

Hey Hey jaga. Perhaps only a fellow Englishman can truly appreciate an English sense of humour. :):thanks:

If you say it's over-watering and you've seen it yourself, then I'm sure you're right. :high-five: This summer I was good on getting the watering right, but indoors is a whole new world, eh? Most reassuring of you. Thanks.

The laws here are pretty draconian, backed up with police with side-arms. You'll get time I think even for minor possession, so thankfully
- My summer harvest is tucked away in the shed
- My tent is tucked away upstairs
- My tongue is tucked inside my mouth
- And we are tucked halfway up a mountain in the middle of green nowhere

Oh, and the only things that fly overhead are eagles and red kites and bats. Lots of bats.

Be well, my friend. :ciao::circle-of-love:

That kind of looks like over watering on the leaves. Not sure. G'Day my friend. YaaaSoooo !

Ya. OMM. Ti kaniti? Kala? Tora, ola kala etho. Now that both you and jaga put it down to too much H2O, my troubled mind is at rest and my watering can has been discarded for a few days. Be well, warm and happy.
:thanks::love:

Ya. OMM. Ti kaniti? Kala? Tora, ola kala etho. Now that both you and jaga put it down to too much H2O, my troubled mind is at rest and my watering can has been discarded for a few days. Be well, warm and happy.
:thanks::love:

A great tip That I picked up from the Dutch Dragon was wait till your pot is near to dry all the way through an then when the leaves start to show signs of dropping give them a good drink then ,, in my 5 ltr air pot I use a measured 1 litre of Phed water at 6.7
I have a feeling you are maybe using rain water ?? if so there is no need for the Ph fluid ,, she will pick right up and if she is not showing signs any more on the leaves she will fly along ,, By the by thats a very nice tent you have there the whole set looks great I no you will be fine:goodjob: So please no more worrying :rofl::rofl:hell that makes a change for me to say not to worry ,, I was real hope ful that Greece was gonna have a legal loop stay safe :circle-of-love:

Will also back up the over-watering! This is a milestone every grower has to reach at a point :laughtwo:

As shinny as Enterprise is, won't ever beat the sun! Therefor the water won't evaporate as fast, plus add the wind, and yes whole different story indoors.

Am a little worried by those brown roots, they're not a good sign. Root rot can be nasty and hard to get rid off.

Should be alright from here on, just dry them out more, and perhaps some ventilation until you make sure they're safe.

A great tip That I picked up from the Dutch Dragon was wait till your pot is near to dry all the way through an then when the leaves start to show signs of dropping give them a good drink then ,,
I have a feeling you are maybe using rain water ??
I was real hope ful that Greece was gonna have a legal loop stay safe :circle-of-love:

Yep, jaga, thank you. I managed to nail that drooping / watering technique fine this summer but I'm still getting a feel for the indoor environment. This is all good learning. And I'm using mountain spring water from the spring of St Haralambros, who lived on this site. About 1,700 years before we arrived. Gotta be good, eh?

There are no legal loopholes here, my friend. Democrates invented the concept of democracy. I'm convinced that there was a 5th century Athenian called Beaurocates who invented the idea of paperwork. :rofl:

Am a little worried by those brown roots, they're not a good sign. Root rot can be nasty and hard to get rid off.

Oh, gee, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH daT. Just when I had stopped worrying about brown leaves you introduce the threat of ROOT ROT. :laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:

You know that I'm joking? Mostly. :)
:love: Mr Teddy x

Back
Top Bottom