My First Grow Journal OG #18 - Scrog - Recirculating Aero/DWC 600w LED Medical Grow

Re: My First Grow Journal OG #18 - Scrog - Recirculating Aero/DWC 600w LED Medical Gr

I see a full house where is uncle Jesse? Lol

screw him, where's cousin Daisy?! :winkyface:

I know, wrong "Uncle Jesse", but that's the one I thought of. :)

Re: My First Grow Journal OG #18 - Scrog - Recirculating Aero/DWC 600w LED Medical Gr

wiw!!

:high-five:

i got the new power supply for the ds200 from advanced led, but it didnt fix the problem. i talked to kyle today and they shipped me out a new ds200 today. i have to say customer support is A++. dont know of a good led company with more spectrums in their lights than Advanced Led, 11+ where most are about six. and we are basicly trying to recreate sun light which is full spectrum. the new XML series are bad ass, the 10w white cree xmls penetrate deep into the canopy. i like to say thanks to kyle for taking care of my issuse promptly.

well i've been supercroping the tops to slow the height, i even had to recrop a few because they just stood back up and continued stretching. the were about 12" from the lights so i had to make some changes. i put a 90w 2w diodes ufo where the 350 was and put the 350 at an angle on the outside. was also able to move the ds 100 , ds 200 up another 3"

res change tomarrow, was going to change my bloom booster but i'm really impressed by all the other heavy 16 products that i feel i need to see it through, i found a 500ml for $80 which will get me to harvest. still going to go 5ml cal mag. going to up fire a little.

pics from yestarday
IMG_140314.JPG

IMG_14029.JPG

today with lighting change day 16 of flower
IMG_141714.JPG
IMG_14187.JPG
IMG_141914.JPG
IMG_142510.JPG
IMG_142814.JPG
IMG_142715.JPG
IMG_142613.JPG
IMG_142411.JPG
IMG_142312.JPG
IMG_142011.JPG
IMG_14215.JPG
IMG_142214.JPG

hope you enjoy the pics:Namaste:

day 16 of flower

temps and humidity are the same 80f 68f 50-60
res change today ppm 950 , uped fire to 24ml. only added 75ml prime so i will be adding more prime to res daily.

root shots
IMG_142915.JPG

IMG_143011.JPG

the extreme light chamber
IMG_143111.JPG

IMG_143213.JPG

:peace:

does anyone know if these are male flowers , i might have a hermie.

IMG_144114.JPG

IMG_144014.JPG

:thanks:

ive pretty much confirmed the right plant is herming found a couple of spots that have three little pods. i plucked what i could see and will get some reverse. foliar fed today so i will have to wait till tuesday to spray reverse. i guess if i'm going to grow fem seeds i should have a bottle and use as a preventive measure. oh the girls and their special needs.
:Namaste:

Cool grow subscribed :)
Iv often thought about doing a scrog in actual fact I'm thinking of
Making my current grow (super lemon haze) just sprouting into a
Scrog. Instead of training under the screen why not...... have a 1st
Scren directly on top of the buckets, alow plant to grow through
The screen and train the plant down to the screen with ties ect then
Pop a new screen 6-10 inches above when fliping to 12/12 for bud
sites to grow strate up Through? That way there's no messing
about training under screen Its all above? Just my idea I think I
may have a go

Cool grow subscribed :)
Iv often thought about doing a scrog in actual fact I'm thinking of
Making my current grow (super lemon haze) just sprouting into a
Scrog. Instead of training under the screen why not...... have a 1st
Scren directly on top of the buckets, alow plant to grow through
The screen and train the plant down to the screen with ties ect then
Pop a new screen 6-10 inches above when fliping to 12/12 for bud
sites to grow strate up Through? That way there's no messing
about training under screen Its all above? Just my idea I think I
may have a go

Welcome Alex , glad to have you along for the ride. Like Ur idea. Thanks for stopping by:)

Bummer about the balls Ronnie

I have one plant that threw a few nanners that I just plucked them out and left her in there. There were some known stresses that could have triggered the hermie, so I was hopeful she would stop. So far so good! Have yours had any stress? IMHO, light stress is the most common cause. I also had another plant that hermied all over and that one got pulled. A few weeks ago one of my other strains (2 plants) both hermied as well. That one looked more like yours, ie balls at the bottom of buds rather than the nanners sticking out of healthy buds.

Bummer about the balls Ronnie

I have one plant that threw a few nanners that I just plucked them out and left her in there. There were some known stresses that could have triggered the hermie, so I was hopeful she would stop. So far so good! Have yours had any stress? IMHO, light stress is the most common cause. I also had another plant that hermied all over and that one got pulled. A few weeks ago one of my other strains (2 plants) both hermied as well. That one looked more like yours, ie balls at the bottom of buds rather than the nanners sticking out of healthy buds.

I've never had nanners before, I believe the stress was a couple of the supercrops I did the stem split and the inside was exposed to the air. I've had a plant hermie before when a branch got broken early in flowering and exposed a large portion of inside the stem to the air. I didn't even know the branch broke till it was too late. A friend of mine had the same problem when the wind broke a large branch on a plant in his outdoor grow. I can still see a hole in the two stems but appears to be sealing up . Going to use reverse tomarrow when I get it.

update
day 18 of flower
temps 80/68 hum 50-60
ppm 950
ph 5.7

well all of a sudden when i need it dm reverse is the hardest crap to find. i guess cause a label issue no shipments to california. i managed to find some online but had to pay extra for two day shipping. bought two liters since the stuff is hard to come by. after the reverse treatment going to go back to every other day heavy 16 pfn till end of week four. ppms are rising again , just adding water today. they're drinking about three gals a day and temp barely reach 80 at the end of light period. defoilating wednesday , going to concentrate on in between the two screens in the middle.

pics
IMG_144312.JPG

IMG_144412.JPG

IMG_144510.JPG

IMG_144610.JPG

IMG_144712.JPG

IMG_144817.JPG

snapshot new cam position
IMG_144913.JPG

hope you enjoy:Namaste:

Ladys/lady boy are looking super good :) seems I jumped in just at the right time. This reverse product seems
Amazing from what I read. I didno sosch a product existed. Luckily for me its easyr ti come by were I am my local
Hydro store stock it so I'm off to buy a litre just in case I run inti problems. I'm day 2 of veg now deffinately scroggin.
Quick questin... my seedlings are in a 8oz pot at the moment. Iv got 41 litre pots to move onto. Would you guys
Recomend a pot size in between or think I'll be ok to move from the small to xl pot when tie is right?

Are LED setups like yours still ridiculously expensive these days? I rekember them being mege expensive
A few years back. LED realy interests me

Are LED setups like yours still ridiculously expensive these days? I rekember them being mege expensive
A few years back. LED realy interests me

well yes the good units are, i've spent aobut 2k on mine. after you figure in energy savings and the lack of maintenance costs the extra amount you have to spend upfront you'll get back in lower energy bills and no maintenance costs, ie bulbs, in about two years. you got to be in it for the long run to be serious about buying led grow lights and your have to do the research. you want at least 3w high power diodes and good brand, bridgelux, cree, etc. number of and which spectrums should be a concern, great warranty , three years no hassle, is a must. lens play a part in newer units. the thing you definitely need to know is a lights par ratings. dont rush into buying a light cause it seems like a deal. buy brands that you have seen work well . thats just one of the great things about :420: you can see products or equipment at work before you buy. hope this helps
:Namaste:

Ladys/lady boy are looking super good :) seems I jumped in just at the right time. This reverse product seems
Amazing from what I read. I didno sosch a product existed. Luckily for me its easyr ti come by were I am my local
Hydro store stock it so I'm off to buy a litre just in case I run inti problems. I'm day 2 of veg now deffinately scroggin.
Quick questin... my seedlings are in a 8oz pot at the moment. Iv got 41 litre pots to move onto. Would you guys
Recomend a pot size in between or think I'll be ok to move from the small to xl pot when tie is right?

thanks alex, my hydro store always had it on the shelves until a month ago, california is notoriously stricked about product labeling so no shipments ca till label problem is fixed, i found some online and it just arrived at my door.:yahoo: so i know what i'm doing after this post.
as far as the transplanting its preference. personally i look at it this way, transplanting is one of the most stressful things your plants go through so i always choose to do only one transplant. it could cost more in water and nutes but to me less stress is worth it
:peace:

Good advice thankyou. Laws over here make it harder for growers to view products at work first hand
But definately I'll do my research online before thinking of buying. I'll definately be going strate from
From the tiny pots to the huge ones :) I'm just about to start my thread. I'll sort a signiture out be cool
If you dropped by

Back
Top Bottom