My First Grow Journal OG #18 - Scrog - Recirculating Aero/DWC 600w LED Medical Grow

Re: My First Grow Journal OG #18 - Scrog - Recirculating Aero/DWC 600w LED Medical Gr

update.
well the girls were looking light green so i bumped the ppms up to 500. roots are coming out of the net pots so im slowly bringing down the res temp. also going to change sprayer timer from one hr on and one hr off to on when the lights are on and off a coulpe of hours during dark time. i got my advanced led ds 350XML ordered and the 1/10 hp water chiller, both should be here next week.
IMG_100115.JPG

IMG_09998.JPG

Re: My First Grow Journal OG #18 - Scrog - Recirculating Aero/DWC 600w LED Medical Gr

update
well my water chiller showed up today so i did a res change and installed the water chiller. added sensi grow a & b and b52 using all mineralized water now which is 30ppm cal/mag. res ppm 548. filled back up res with 5 gal mineralized ro water and added nutes to 250ppm
IMG_100615.JPG

IMG_100510.JPG

IMG_100411.JPG

IMG_100314.JPG

update
well the girls are looking great roots that are through the net pots are starting to branch nicely. im running the closet temp at 80f day and 70f night. res temp 70f ph is at 6.9 but because im using ph perfect nutes its ok, im not adjusting. ppms are at 575
IMG_100916.JPG

IMG_100818.JPG

welcome mainebud glad to have you along for the ride.:welcome:

thanks jon for checking out my journal , it means alot to me to have you along for this ride. well my closet is 2' x 4 1/2' x 7 1/2' i was hoping by using your trainning technique i could fill that area with two plants. im running the system with 16 gal (i can adjust this to more if needed)level. plenty of room for two massive root systems so i guess we're going to find out the answers soon enough. thanks again:thanks:

Im running 35 gallons at the moment and i have to add 5 gallons of fresh water daily to keep up with what they drink so i think if you brought it up to 20-25 gallons you wouldnt have to adjust as often.of course im running a top feed recirculating system and you dont need as much water to run that style of system but what they consume should be very simillar to my setup if they are the same size plants:)

i can adjust the system to run twenty gals in res with 13 gals in back up res. as the plants drink the system auto fills to maintain same sump level in unit all the time. of course im only running two plants and ph perfect nutes so should have minimum adjusting , or so i hope

in theory by monitoring ppm levels in the unit i can determine how much nutes/water plants are using daily and adjust auto-fill res to meet plants usage. alot of reserch went into this system design so lets hope it all pays off.

update
got the new advanced led ds 350XML today. ph was 7.1 today and i noticed some small copper colored spots on the first true leaves today.
i adjusted ph down some. growth is speeding up fast root system is taking off. also bumped up ppms to 600. feeling alitle skeptical about the ph perfect so far. we'll see. i did the first bend on the larger plant, have to go back and study jon's journal some more to find out when to start defoliating.
IMG_101414.JPG

IMG_100916.JPG

IMG_101617.JPG

IMG_101517.JPG

IMG_102317.JPG

IMG_102017.JPG

IMG_101812.JPG

IMG_101321.JPG

IMG_101221.JPG

thanks everyone, and if anyone has ideas about the spots on the first true leafs please share:420:

The leds always make me want fruity pebbles lol.

The Ph perfect claim I found out personally is horseshit lol. Not totally it gives a nice buffer so it can creep a little further before shit starts happening. Always a nice feature but hydro or not my best grows all had one thing in common. Rigorous Ph maintenance, rust spots are (usually) an indicator of calcium deficiency or lockout. In your case however I think ull find that a simple adjustment of Ph and some daily checks will fix the issues at hand.

I can't see the spots in the pic either

here is the picture with close up of spots and one after training large plant . i took off one large fan leaf to let light to tips
IMG_102218.JPG

IMG_102417.JPG

thanks for the tips, i brought the ph down to 6.6 and will adjust again in about four hours or so.

I wouldnt worry about it bro looks like its only on the bottom leaves,( I forget what they're called) if you dont see it on any true leaves its not a big deal. Why 6.6? that is really high bro. I set my ph at 5.4 and let it slowly rise to 5.8 in veg then bring it down and 5.6 to 6.1 in flower.

i was always told adjusting ph in res needs to be slow, that big ph changes quickly will stress the plants so i took it from 7.1 to 6.6 waited four hours then adjusted to 6.2 . today ill bring it down into the proper range. i also saw the spots on the true leaves today so i will no longer be letting it get so high with out adjusting again. thanks for the help guys

Ill never get that theory. Not saying its wrong at all. I just fail to see the advantage of days of improper Ph and stress over one quick shot. I'd rather take one good punch to the mouth than get kicked in the busts for three days lol

Setup looks great. I'm using a rainforest too and they seem to work great! Anyways I'm in! Best of Luck!

Back
Top Bottom