Newish to growing Cannabis - Weed and a Salad

wwhispers

420 Member
I just started a 3rd grow. My second is drying, all three of my first failed. I have two planted, one stunted or just very slow growing. This plant was also one of the first failures. I bought 5 seeds( autos) just going to use.

Sadly one of the seeds just died, the first time I did not sprout first and I believe i kept it too wet thinking it will need it like floating. I have two floating, one sprouted but needs to be long, the other floating without popping.

The second grow had a living mulch. A huge list of seeds mixed to grow in containers for my bearded dragons, all non gmo and heirloom. They weren't big as I lst right away being I had a short tent. It's now a dry tent!

The seed mix

Lovage, tatsoi, mung beans, red beets, carrots, basic mixed salad microgreen seeds, red clover, red cabbage, rocket, tiny bok choy, dwarf kale, green choy, swiss chard, beets, mustard, strawberry spinach. And various leafy lettuces, mesclun, crimson cosmic mix, merlot, black simpson and merveille.

I figure this mix will add and remove all needed for the plant to thrive. I have to get some herb microgreens seeds( non gmo and heirloom, provide so much more for the buck over tiny packs).

For those that do not know, non gmo heirloom will produce seeds that will grow. Most hybids do not, it's why you have to keep buying new seeds. Many at trueleaf are non gmo and heirloom.

Those I cut out of the cannabis pots get fed to my mealworm and superworm colonies since the cannabis can hurt bearded dragons. All get fresh sowed from seeds, super leafy greens!

Those were 2 gallon plastic, the new are in different sizes. 2 in 3 gallon bags and two of the failures( green gelatos) in 1/2 gallon cloth things....lol

Before I use the plastic 2 gallons again, I plan to drill holes all over to see what that does to the root wrapping.

Sadly those two plants were planted sprouted seed to pot the same day into solo cups.

20240127_145557.jpg

20240122_155514.jpg

Welcome to the 420 Mag forums! You will get lots of useful information and help here. Maybe even a laugh or two. If the normal sequence happens here, TokinRoll will post a list of helpful links for you. :cool: A grow journal may attract those that can help better than I can.

Good idea on adding holes to those plastic pots. They need to drain properly to prevent root rot.

How long did you leave those seeds in water? It is possible to drown seeds. They don't really need to sprout the tap root before removing them from the water. I recommend (from a very limited experience) soaking for 24 hours, no more than 48 hours then moving them to another medium like paper towels (probably most popular) or JIffy Pods.

Welcome to 420 Magazine @wwhispers

How is it going?
Tell us a little bit about how you grow so we can help.

What type of growing would you like to learn?

Here's some helpful info: Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link.

This is where you place your grow journal.

Journals in Progress: Current and Ongoing

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contests to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests: Win Cool 420 Prizes

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..

I just started a 3rd grow. My second is drying, all three of my first failed. I have two planted, one stunted or just very slow growing. This plant was also one of the first failures. I bought 5 seeds( autos) just going to use.

Sadly one of the seeds just died, the first time I did not sprout first and I believe i kept it too wet thinking it will need it like floating. I have two floating, one sprouted but needs to be long, the other floating without popping.

The second grow had a living mulch. A huge list of seeds mixed to grow in containers for my bearded dragons, all non gmo and heirloom. They weren't big as I lst right away being I had a short tent. It's now a dry tent!

The seed mix

Lovage, tatsoi, mung beans, red beets, carrots, basic mixed salad microgreen seeds, red clover, red cabbage, rocket, tiny bok choy, dwarf kale, green choy, swiss chard, beets, mustard, strawberry spinach. And various leafy lettuces, mesclun, crimson cosmic mix, merlot, black simpson and merveille.

I figure this mix will add and remove all needed for the plant to thrive. I have to get some herb microgreens seeds( non gmo and heirloom, provide so much more for the buck over tiny packs).

For those that do not know, non gmo heirloom will produce seeds that will grow. Most hybids do not, it's why you have to keep buying new seeds. Many at trueleaf are non gmo and heirloom.

Those I cut out of the cannabis pots get fed to my mealworm and superworm colonies since the cannabis can hurt bearded dragons. All get fresh sowed from seeds, super leafy greens!

Those were 2 gallon plastic, the new are in different sizes. 2 in 3 gallon bags and two of the failures( green gelatos) in 1/2 gallon cloth things....lol

Before I use the plastic 2 gallons again, I plan to drill holes all over to see what that does to the root wrapping.

Sadly those two plants were planted sprouted seed to pot the same day into solo cups.

20240127_145557.jpg

20240122_155514.jpg
Beautiful garden :thumb:
Welcome to 420Magazine my friend :welcome:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Welcome to 420 Magazine @wwhispers

How is it going?
Tell us a little bit about how you grow so we can help.

My first grow was done as house plants until I finally bought a small tent, sprouted seeds to pot 7/5/23 and 7/7/23. The f1 died as a seedling, the photo( didn't know about them) went into flower from a power outage/light leaks, so I bonsaied it. BUT before the tent was some covered panels. I only ever planned to do autos as they can handle light leaks, etc.

20230919_102143.jpg

It got to just the green gelato left, I put it in the small tent in Oct. 11, 2023. She was growing great, thick strong stems, everything. I used at the time GH trio flora series as it was what I use using for leafy greens kratky style.
20231011_101649.jpg

The hours were 18/6, no living mulch, just nutes.

11/2/23
20231102_160203.jpg

20231120_125223.jpg

12.8.23 She started to reveg again. Yes a green jelato auto.
20231208_123707.jpg

20231214_103928.jpg

20231221_153448.jpg

The day I decided to chop releasing keeping her going isn't stopping the failure. it all went to the bug colonies.

She was replaced with these.
20240107_102648.jpg

My new was posted earlier in the main post.

One out of two was good and drying now.

What type of growing would you like to learn?

Here's some helpful info: Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link.

This is where you place your grow journal.

Journals in Progress: Current and Ongoing

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contests to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests: Win Cool 420 Prizes

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..

20231208_123725.jpg

20231227_165340.jpg

My first grow was done as house plants until I finally bought a small tent, sprouted seeds to pot 7/5/23 and 7/7/23. The f1 died as a seedling, the photo( didn't know about them) went into flower from a power outage/light leaks, so I bonsaied it. BUT before the tent was some covered panels. I only ever planned to do autos as they can handle light leaks, etc.

20230919_102143.jpg

It got to just the green gelato left, I put it in the small tent in Oct. 11, 2023. She was growing great, thick strong stems, everything. I used at the time GH trio flora series as it was what I use using for leafy greens kratky style.
20231011_101649.jpg

The hours were 18/6, no living mulch, just nutes.

11/2/23
20231102_160203.jpg

20231120_125223.jpg

12.8.23 She started to reveg again. Yes a green jelato auto.
20231208_123707.jpg

20231214_103928.jpg

20231221_153448.jpg

The day I decided to chop releasing keeping her going isn't stopping the failure. it all went to the bug colonies.

She was replaced with these.
20240107_102648.jpg

My new was posted earlier in the main post.

One out of two was good and drying now.

20231208_123725.jpg

20231227_165340.jpg
That's heartbreaking about the auto, she was huge. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I love that you arent giving up! You are in a great place to get help with future problems! ALso, I love your seed mix. Are they seeds from previous bags or were they part of mixes? Your buddy stays fed well it sounds.

I love that you arent giving up! You are in a great place to get help with future problems! ALso, I love your seed mix. Are they seeds from previous bags or were they part of mixes? Your buddy stays fed well it sounds.
The weed were bought in one purchase, the leafy greens I grow with them and for the dragons are mixed from various bags and packs of seeds. I've been growing them kratky style for a while and bowl for puff.

I think I will always be doing weed and a salad now! So far, I've
20240129_135351.jpg
had no problem growing leafy greens with the ladies.
20240204_190827.jpg
20230517_182319.jpg
20230517_182311.jpg
20230209_221759.jpg
20230209_222210.jpg
20221228_191752.jpg

SICK MAN- Looks like my ROOM hahaha But seedlings from my Flowers - Very nice.

PS EDIT: Do you have much luck with regrowing veggies such as the celery?

Welcome to The Forum @wwhispers .

For those that do not know, non gmo heirloom will produce seeds that will grow. Most hybids do not, it's why you have to keep buying new seeds.
A bit of a correction, heirloom seeds will grow true from seed, meaning that the fruit you grew and took seeds from will produce a substantially similar fruit the next season. Hybrids are not stabilized so if you take seeds from a hybridized plant you'll typically get something wildly different than what you started with, but you will get something.

There are some gmo seeds being introduced that will produce fruit with sterilized seeds and those typically won't germinate at all forcing you to buy new each year. Monsanto and Big Ag are ruining diversification of our food source with that crap.

But you're on the right track with your heirloom, non-gmo seeds. :thumb:

If you're already planning on drilling holes in plastic buckets you might as well come check out #SIP Club. Hydro and coco like growth but grown in soil. Maybe try one next to your other pot styles and compare. Won't really be a fair fight though, so maybe just jump right in and convert over and save yourself a season of wondering what might have been. :laughtwo:

Welcome to The Forum @wwhispers .

A bit of a correction, heirloom seeds will grow true from seed, meaning that the fruit you grew and took seeds from will produce a substantially similar fruit the next season. Hybrids are not stabilized so if you take seeds from a hybridized plant you'll typically get something wildly different than what you started with, but you will get something.

There are some gmo seeds being introduced that will produce fruit with sterilized seeds and those typically won't germinate at all forcing you to buy new each year. Monsanto and Big Ag are ruining diversification of our food source with that crap.

But you're on the right track with your heirloom, non-gmo seeds. :thumb:

If you're already planning on drilling holes in plastic buckets you might as well come check out #SIP Club. Hydro and coco like growth but grown in soil.
I do agree here with the SIP :D It is an awesome way to get great results. But it is many ways to skin the fish.

SICK MAN- Looks like my ROOM hahaha But seedlings from my Flowers - Very nice.

PS EDIT: Do you have much luck with regrowing veggies such as the celery?
I had great luck with leeks, the celery was for my bearded dragon, she was bioactive and it made pretty little trees. In this, the one near the doors didn't make it as I planted it too soon. They do good once they have an inch or so of roots. The other is basically what you get, the greens are good and nice and spicy!
20220604_140555.jpg

20220608_100819.jpg

You can keep sweet potato slips going. Here you can see them starting, many eat the greens, I don't and the
dragons didn't like them, so I trashed them.
20230607_052426.jpg

Oh no, they eat superworms/beetles, mealworms/beetles, black soldier fly larvae/flies, dubias and powdered orange isopods.
Peaches only got fed 2 live feeder meals a month as she hunted in her old bioactive. That was turned into the anole tank very easy as half was more soil as it was the planted side. I will be using that for a colony for the main feeders along with the bin colonies we have.

She couldn't eat enough of these to make a dent....lol
20230830_124134.jpg

Until I water and or sow sprouted seeds for them, you'd never know there was so many. Lots of hiding places for them. She was digging one day and found the superworm beetles and got 5 as they ran.

two meters.jpg

Look at all those bugs hate them. 🍋
I don't mind the orange guys too much, I find them cute, everything else is a pita. No crickets anymore either, they are just too much.

If you want to get a lizard like a dragon that doesn't eat bugs, a uromastyx( veggies and seeds ) and a chuckwalla (veggies and flowers) are good choice. The chuckwalla looks look like dino! and the uro a smaller flatter colored chuck imo.

Back
Top Bottom