Nick Hardy & Co Graduation: Coco Co2 High EC: Grown in Thailand: Perpetual

IMG_7819.jpeg

400L of coco peat, 4 new @Mars Hydro 10” oscillating fans and 20 3 Gallon Airpots.

We need 420L Coco this grow (really 21*5 Gallons!)

We need the relatively trivial 36 litres for Dissertation - this is why I like downsizing the pots!

Then 18x 3 Gallons for 216

We had 100L on hand

772 Litres Required

Mulling reusing some from this grow for the 3 gallons random pop all the seeds grow.

Probably rinse it in H2O2 water first. We’ve always bought new before but they’ve put the price up by 30% - I’m guessing so many people quit growing they needed to.

So many decisions, decisions!

Nick & Co
It all adds up quickly

I’m not sure what your question is but in my opinion, all the extra stuff at the end isn’t necessary and has no quantifiable effect. Basically it’s psychological in my opinion.

Once the plant is ready for harvest it’s ready for harvest, it’s done. It has expended its last bit of energy by design and has completed its lifecycle. Forcing them into dark for 3 days or using cold water or any other variety of backyard hints for a better harvest have no basis in the way plants behave from everything I know.

Once the plant has been chopped the main reason you want darkness is to avoid any of the trichomes, terpenes, and flavonoids from being broken down by exposure to the light. Same with keeping temps below 68.

I could be wrong but I don’t think I am. A plants lifecycle is pretty specific, especially with annuals, and cannabis isn’t a special mystery plant, it plays by the rules of others.
Thank you @Keffka! I was waiting for that point. Exactly right. You could do whatever you want to them at this point. Way way too late to change them. @NickHardy, whatever, that light blast is nothing. If a plant hermied from one time of that, we’d all have all hermies all the time. You’re good. Your boy screwed up but it’s okay. I bet you get zero seeds.

We’re rough chopping, quick as we can. Hang it up back in the room.

But would be a shame not too get some shots like these, eh?

Nick & Co

IMG_7820.jpeg
IMG_7825.jpeg
IMG_7823.jpeg
Next to last picture looks like a walkway at Longwood Gardens. Look it up. That’s my hometown. Where I’m moving to.

A lame mash up - everyone really really tired. Massive few days, no mould, no seeds, perfect conditions to dry.

Some were taken a bit too early, but just safer like this, we don't have the space because... yeah the lad.

He did hard yards today, nothing close to & Co, but the baby is out of ICU, seems like some heart problem he'll grow out of.

Anyyway harvest is a wrap and I'll add the environmental metrics in there in two ticks when I switch back to my phone. Pretty good for me - they're getting spaced out more tomorrow but like I say - one really tired household!

Incredible we got away with it all. They can stay there for a week ten days how they are (more spacing on its way) for 7-10 days and give us breathing space before trim. I just turned the input fan up a bit seeing the Rh that low.

Some few days! 😅

Nick & Co

1699375690845.png

IMG_7850.jpeg

The Rh will tick up a touch more when I close my office balcony doors. Feel like that’s better.it was at about 66-67% earlier before chop. Don’t want to drop to fast too soon.

Reckon we’ll just have something ready for Nug O The Month in a week though!

Nick & Co

I'd agree with the exception of droughting. There does seem to be strong anecdotal evidence of a drought increasing trichomes and therefore cannabinoids. There was also a scientific study done Summarized here that tested that theory.

A few of us have some criticisms of the study (limited plant numbers, not repeated that I know of, no identification of plant (indica, sativa, hybrid), no variation in substrate, etc.,but there does seem to be something to it.

Droughting is different in my opinion for a few reasons, the major ones being, it’s typically initiated much earlier than the other stuff so it has time to have an actual effect.

Also drought response. Plants have a drought response, and since we desire the trichomes that are intimately linked with the plants protection systems, Droughting could definitely have a quantifiable effect.

If nothing else, Droughting can change the ratio of trichome to Veg mass which can definitely have an impact. Keeping water away from any life form can have some serious consequences

A lame mash up - everyone really really tired. Massive few days, no mould, no seeds, perfect conditions to dry.

Some were taken a bit too early, but just safer like this, we don't have the space because... yeah the lad.

He did hard yards today, nothing close to & Co, but the baby is out of ICU, seems like some heart problem he'll grow out of.

Anyyway harvest is a wrap and I'll add the environmental metrics in there in two ticks when I switch back to my phone. Pretty good for me - they're getting spaced out more tomorrow but like I say - one really tired household!

Incredible we got away with it all. They can stay there for a week ten days how they are (more spacing on its way) for 7-10 days and give us breathing space before trim. I just turned the input fan up a bit seeing the Rh that low.

Some few days! 😅

Nick & Co

1699375690845.png
Glad the baby is doing better and congrats on the harvest!

IMG_7877.jpeg

Its dry. Bit fast really probably didn’t need the second dehumidifier!

IMG_7878.jpeg

Rh was down as low as 46% so backed off the main De/Hum added in a little extra input air from the hallway and aiming for 61% steady. They’ll get a second drying after trimming before curing anyway. The background Rh is so high here they pick up more moisture because the trimmers like fresh warm air. No idea what & Co’s plan is for trimming. I think maybe in there. Baby arrived home, looks healthy enough. Heard a cry earlier which is always a good thing. Bit of energy in those lungs.

Reckon I can take some for testing on Sunday. Results by Monday/Tuesday

IMG_7888.jpeg

OK cut some Tropicanna Poison. From one of the sponsors @Sweet Seeds Apolo Never tried it. Its also indicated at 7.5 weeks and got 8.2 or whatever it was.

Its been dried a bit low at 46% at tines but see the graph below, I’ve set the room stable at 59-61% now. Co2 release has tapered significantly as its all dried. Its unlikely full trim will start until ooph Monday? Another 3 and a bit days away.

But trying some.

DESCRIPTION TROPICANNA POISON F1 FAST VERSION®​

These plants, with red flowers and ultrafast flowering, are a photoperiod-dependent, feminised version of one of the most famous varieties in the US “Super Strong” Cookies family, Tropicanna Cookies (Girl Scout Cookies x Tangie).
It is the cross of an elite, selected Tropicanna Cookies clone, with a red flower phenotype, and our highly regarded, red flower, autoflowering strain Red Poison Auto® (SWS39).
The plants are very productive and resinous, with THC levels of up to 24% and extremely high terpene levels.
The buds have an excellent aroma and taste; they are very sweet, intense and dense, with tones of mango, earthy, wooden hints, and a subtle Skunk background.
I also stuck a bigger nug than this one trimmed in a zip Grove Bag - think it’ll be legit entry for Nug O’ The Month just in time but that’s a tough crowd in there so we’ll see!

Otherwise I got some other stuff.

Smoke report in a bit I guess!

Nick & Fam

IMG_7887.jpeg
IMG_7889.jpeg

That’s tickled me in the forehead more than my daily Strawberry for sure. A bit racier and possibly more functional high, less lovey than that or the Mimosa x Orange Punch which is all else I’ve really had in a week.

Its ground really easy, not wet but very sticky, all dropped though the holes though - these early testers will often just stick to the blades but tells me its very close to dry. Still a hit of chlorophyll but again not that much, its faded fast. Flavours? Honestly I forget and not great at that stuff! Smells a bit piney - hang on do this test right - another hit….

OK pumped the temp up a bit higher on the @Airvape Some lower flavour tastes coming through as the bowl gets drier, coffee and chocolate orange.

What next tomorrow? Purple Punch, CBD Warlock, Hulkberry, Mimosa x Orange Punch, Seriotica or Strawberry AK are my tasting order I reckon. Oh the Red Hot Cookies - gotta be that. Previously untried.

Watching Oppenheimer in a minute. Think this is a bit racy for that 😂

Back
Top Bottom