Older - Wiser & Stoned Enough To Try Hydro - Look What Happened!

re: Older - Wiser & Stoned Enough To Try Hydro - Look What Happened!

Well the girls are still not very happy. I adjusted the lights to about 4 inches over the canopy and there is 0 heat there. checked the water after it had settled from the changing. The TDS is 1,010, and the Ph is 6.4. I'm getting frustrated here! Why didn,t i just grow in dirt like everyone else??? I cant let this damn hydro beat me!! It's just fucking frustrating to have a week like last week when in 30 hours the Girls seemed to double in size and then this week chaos. Fuck, fuck, fuck.
What is going on here????:surrender:

Well the temps got up to 86 yesterday while I was at work because I didn't set the heater correctly after an power outage we had Sun. night. Totally my fault.
The res is basically brand new, Mono.? This is day two, week two into the whole setup. I'll go to Home Depot tonight and get something to cover the sides up to keep the light off it. It's a major chore to drain and clean that thing. Involves a syphen hose and then getting the water back upstairs. I'll do it. no problem, if you really think I should.

Thankyou for the help! Andy. :thumb::thumb:

If changing your rez water is that much of a chore, I would stick them plants in soil. Like now.

Thankyou, gfdiesel, but i'm not giving up just yet M8.
Is this what you had in mind, Mono?

A couple of the three girls and the res now.

cover_up7.jpg
cover_up6.jpg
cover_up5.jpg
cover_up4.jpg
cover_up3.jpg
cover_up2.jpg
cover_up1.jpg
cover_up.jpg

They are looking healthier today. Have you posted some pics in the 'sick plant section. Some hydro growers will know more than me.

It's very important to keep the grow clean at all times to prevent pests and disease, maybe a good clean to get rid of anything that shouldn't be there would be very helpful.

Have they got access to plenty of oxygen in the roots? Air stones or pump? Also, I noticed you have been following a feeding chart, do the plants need all the nutrients you are supplying?

Great question on the feeding, Mono. Short answer is, I don't have a clue if what I'm feeding is what they need. I went by what the local Hydro store 'guy' said. I've asked about that here and haven't gotten a response. I'd like to know because I sure don't want to go spending a lot on different chemicals I don't need.
I have an air pump and two stones in the res. The rockwool bag is perforated with openings. I actually set the feed timer back to feeding 3 times a day instead of 5. I was wondering if the roots were not getting enough air myself. Everything "looks" pretty clean in there. I will be putting in an exhaust fan shortly to better bring in fresh air to the room and hopefully stabilize Temps a little better. We'll see.
Thanks again, Mono.
Andy.

Great question on the feeding, Mono. Short answer is, I don't have a clue if what I'm feeding is what they need. I went by what the local Hydro store 'guy' said. I've asked about that here and haven't gotten a response. I'd like to know because I sure don't want to go spending a lot on different chemicals I don't need.
I have an air pump and two stones in the res. The rockwool bag is perforated with openings. I actually set the feed timer back to feeding 3 times a day instead of 5. I was wondering if the roots were not getting enough air myself. Everything "looks" pretty clean in there. I will be putting in an exhaust fan shortly to better bring in fresh air to the room and hopefully stabilize Temps a little better. We'll see.
Thanks again, Mono.
Andy.

When it comes to feeding (I'm a soil or coco grower so take this with a pinch of salt) I would always err on the less is more, although I'm not too sure about hydroponics.

The droopy leaves, if in soil, I would have straight out said you have been over watering causing the roots to be starved of oxygen. Maybe have a look at things and a little search around 420 mag and see if there is enough air getting to the roots.

Heat and humidity don't seem to be too far off for them to be acting like that all the time although it could be due to a few factors.

Are your plants still in vegetative growth? If so, and you have no immediate desire to flower then there is time to fix the issue without any harm done.

Need to look at the basics first - temps (not too controlled) a few degrees either side of perfect wouldn't make a difference. Humidity - aim for 70 percent in veg. Mainly Oxygen getting to the roots.

Annoyingly if buying things as a kit it's never perfect. For example, grow tents never come as a kit with the right size fan. Always the biggest light possible.

I'm sure we will be able to get to the root of the problem without any problems... Hope that made sense.

Keep 'em green :)

Well the word today is.... I like what I see. A little change in light highth and the change to feeding 3 times a day have had an effect.
The leaves are fuller and greener tonight after a 12 hour change. I'm gonna stick with this a day or two more and see how things go.

:wood::wood:

Well the word today is.... I like what I see. A little change in light highth and the change to feeding 3 times a day have had an effect.
The leaves are fuller and greener tonight after a 12 hour change. I'm gonna stick with this a day or two more and see how things go.

:wood::wood:

Glad to see things are improving matey. Hopefully it will continue in the right direction. Are your leaves still drooping?

They are. And looking this morning, I saw some dark spots on two leaves on one plant. I was pressed for time this morning so I didn't take any pics but will when I get home. What is it you said about posting pics of sick plants? Where do I do that?
Thanks Mono, Andy.

They are. And looking this morning, I saw some dark spots on two leaves on one plant. I was pressed for time this morning so I didn't take any pics but will when I get home. What is it you said about posting pics of sick plants? Where do I do that?
Thanks Mono, Andy.

Glad to hear they are doing better :). And looking forward to some pics!

Sick plant section as I call it. Click the tab at the top of the page that says 'grow room' and at the bottom is problems, pests and diseases. If you post any issues in there there will be more help.

Reps for getting through the problems :)

Okay. Nutes are changed. Res is cleaned out. Nutes are as the chart for week 4, altho I DID keep in the KLN at 2.5ml per gallon. Lower fan leaves are trimmed. RW bag is removed. Top of RW is covered in black. Feeding cycle is 3 times a day for 15 mins. light timer is set to 18/6. Ph is 5.7 TDS is 13,100 PPM. Room temps are 77-81f. Humidity 25-40 %.
Have I left anything out?? OH!! And I just
ran out of weed!!!!!! DAMN!! LOL
I can see that I will be in veg at least another 4 weeks. That's okay. I've had a rough start, Hey, it's my first time dammit!! lol The part about just running out of weed DOES suck, though!!!!
20141207_1343041.jpg

12_13_14_clean_change_nutes1.jpg
12_13_14_clean_change_nutes2.jpg
12_13_14_clean_change_nutes3.jpg
12_13_14_clean_change_nutes4.jpg
12_13_14_clean_change_nutes5.jpg
12_13_14_clean_change_nutes6.jpg
12_13_14_clean_change_nutes7.jpg
12_13_14_clean_change_nutes_Done.jpg

Thankyou, everyone, for all your help!

I think I'm on track, Mono. I got some sound advice in the sick room and made a few changes. Next couple days will tell the story. Thanks for the heads-up on the sick room. :thanks::thumb:

Re: Older, Wiser, And STONED Enough to Try Hydro. Look What Happened!!

lady bug are good. They are ruthless when they are little and crawling around. They're like little mite and aphid eating monsters!!!

I'm seeing a few issues but i have also seen that you have corrected at least one. You hit the nail on the head when you PH'd your water to 5.8. 86 degrees in your room is way too hot, plus the ladies don't like the throw of going up or down 10-15 degrees. Aim for 75 in flower and aim to keep it from changing too much. Another thing I saw and someone else had already commented on is cleaning out the res. I mean clean, like you were going to eat off of it. Last step would be keeping the light out of the water. Things will like the energy that the light gives them and want to start growing. Don't get discouraged, I'm trying not to and I'm going through some of my own issues. Well, hit me back McDive and check out my updates. Grow on!!!!

Back
Top Bottom