Outdoor Growing With BeezLuiz

You see - there's the problem...."so far".....it all starts out pretty innocent - change that outlet cover, well, it should be moved, maybe add one, well, if the wall is tore up, if we move it back two feet this room is more useable, we'll need new carpet and redo the ceiling!!! Oh, don't forget it's a load bearing wall, now the foundation in the basement has to be restructured....well, if we are tearing up the concrete why don't we...........
Do you see where I am going with this?????!!!!????
There's not enough weed in the country to get me to open up that can of worms!!!!!:nervous-guy::nervous-guy::thedoubletake:
That's pretty much how it happen here. First I cleared out one of the bedrooms to paint, then we noticed the floor was all scraped up so time to replace the floor, then it was half the house... :laughtwo:
Congrats on the ChemDawg takedown, Beez! It sounds like you had a stellar growing season.
Thanks HashGirl, this summer grow was not one of my best, but it's turning out ok considering.
Me too... my stash is down to my homegrown CBD :).
My CBD is also homegrown. I had it tested (10.3% cbd) so I know what strength I'm dealing with. I still have quite a bit, but may grow another in the next year or two, or perhaps a CBG variety.
Our kitchen will be getting a complete overhaul in the coming months and somehow that was heading into replacing the floors in the whole house! :eek:
One of the difficult issues with replacing the floors in the whole house is figuring out the sequence of removing all the junk furniture and stuff from each room. We did half of our house and all at the same time so garage, master bedroom, and family room got stuffed. We still have blankets and linens piled in our bathtub. 🤯
I'm working on rolling that back to just the kitchen again, but we will probably redo all the baseboards if BL will come down. :thumb:
Let me know when! I've gotten pretty good at cutting inside corners, outside corners, hiding wires behind the baseboards, painting them, chaulking them ... :laughtwo:
Our kitchen – heck, the whole house – kinda needs a bulldozer.
After this round is finished, I think I'm done with major home improvements for a very long time.

Yesterday I took down Sour Diesel. It still had some clear trichomes, but the plant was dying and honestly, I was just tired of looking at it.

A couple cycles of spraying Safers soap slowed down the mites and I haven't seen any new mold due to bud rot, but the buds were still dying and drying out, getting worse each day.

"If in doubt, throw it out" was my philosophy on this plant. I tossed more than half the plant before I even bothered to wash it.

But it's all good, because I still had plenty to wash and trim. Here's the final haul:

Sour Diesel has been one of my favorites since I grew one four years ago, so I'm a little disappointed in what happened with this one, but certainly my fault for neglecting it this past month. I pulled a couple tester buds about two weeks ago and tried it out - pretty happy with the high, so I'm satisfied really.

I did it recently too... salvage harvest of 2 kush plants and 1 maui wowie, and salvage trim, due to bud rot. That's why I'm now focusing on finding strains that have high bud rot resistance.

If you have time, would slurry test the soil when you break down the pot? I'm curious.

Also, what medium was is?
It was FFOF - pretty sure it was fresh out of the bag. I'll try to remember to do a slurry test on it once I get to cleaning things up. Thanks for the recommendation.

Here's a post harvest summary of my two plants:

Sour Diesel harvested on 11/4, put into turkey bag 11/8, and into mason jars 11/11. It seemed to dry a little faster than typical, but now in jars at 62% rh. I was pleasantly surprised to weigh in at 61g (2.15oz), considering the issues it had.

Chem Dog was harvested on 10/30,31. I put it into a turkey bag on 11/4, and into mason jars on 11/14. The buds weighed in at 264g (9.3oz).

I've already tried a tester bud of Sour Diesel and am happy with it. I'm looking forward to trying Chem Dog in a few weeks. In the mean time, I think I have a few existing nugs in storage that should hold me over until then. ;)

Now to ponder what to start next...

Congrats on the nice harvests, Beez !
That was so much easier back when we only had a seed or two...:hmmmm:

Congrats on the yields, Beez especially the ChemDog. Nice work!

Congrats on the nice harvests, Beez !

I told Felonious that I was no longer going to grow any strains that don't interest me. I love free seeds as much as the next person but they're not always strains I want to grow.

20221115_081623.jpg
Excellent! hey, that's my blue tape you're using!

Highya Beez,

Nice job on growing harvesting and trimming your Chemdog. Very nice trim job! Congratulations on your stash! Happy Smokin'

So true!
I love free seeds as much as the next person but they're not always strains I want to grow.
I've got a pretty large inventory of seeds now, but it always seems like I want to grow something I don't already have. :laughtwo:
Well done Beez, enjoy the testing the ahead!
It's always exciting to try a new harvest!
Excellent! hey, that's my blue tape you're using!
I use that blue painting tape for everything - sometimes even for painting!
Nice job on growing harvesting and trimming your Chemdog.
Thanks Bode! :thanks:
Man that chemdog made some nice bud Beez!
Thanks! I'm pretty happy how it turned out. It's starting to smell pretty nice too.

It was FFOF - pretty sure it was fresh out of the bag. I'll try to remember to do a slurry test on it once I get to cleaning things up. Thanks for the recommendation.

Here's a post harvest summary of my two plants:

Sour Diesel harvested on 11/4, put into turkey bag 11/8, and into mason jars 11/11. It seemed to dry a little faster than typical, but now in jars at 62% rh. I was pleasantly surprised to weigh in at 61g (2.15oz), considering the issues it had.

Chem Dog was harvested on 10/30,31. I put it into a turkey bag on 11/4, and into mason jars on 11/14. The buds weighed in at 264g (9.3oz).

I've already tried a tester bud of Sour Diesel and am happy with it. I'm looking forward to trying Chem Dog in a few weeks. In the mean time, I think I have a few existing nugs in storage that should hold me over until then. ;)

Dusty lids

After taking some time off after my last harvest, I've begun a small (I hope) winter grow. I decided to try out some of the many regular seeds I have on hand:
(2) Obama Runtz - My son's friend gave him a couple dispensary nugs of Obama Runtz. It came with 2 seeds. He really liked it and thought it was nicely potent.
(1) Miss Asheley - Another friend of my son found this seed in her plant from last year. It may have some Alaska Purple or White Widow genetics with some unknown male.
(3) Brainwash - these seeds came from my son's Amnesia plant that was pollenated by an unknown neighbor.
I actually started with about 7 Brainwash seeds soaking. 5 were planted in soil, and 3 sprouted. With a total of 6 reg seedlings, I hope to get 3 females... we'll see.

Not wanting to overload the seedlings with light, I kept my Nextlight Core pretty high above them, but the first plants to sprout got really leggy, so I've lowered the light about 15". The last two plants to sprout look a lot better with the current setup. I'm getting about 12K lux at the top of the plants.

I filled the cups/pots about 2/3 full with fresh FFOF and the top 1/3 with seedling starter mix. I haven't decided yet on the nutrient lineup.

I actually started with about 7 Brainwash seeds soaking. 5 were planted in soil, and 3 sprouted. With a total of 6 reg seedlings, I hope to get 3 females... we'll see.
Beez look at you dang. I’ve totally missed out being gone. Sweeet on your November stash.
Have you got into the ChemDog yet? I used to really love that strain. Probably still do just haven’t had it in like forever.(hint)

:passitleft:
It’s been so many years since I’ve grown out regulars. I personally believe that you get the finest of phenos from the regulars. I had never even grown females until a couple years ago when I got on this auto trend thingy.
Im just about ready to give a go with some photo females. That will be a first for me.

I think Im going to stick around awhile and watch your regulars flower.
:green_heart:

Have you got into the ChemDog yet? I used to really love that strain. Probably still do just haven’t had it in like forever.(hint)
Oh my goodness, we're really enjoying the ChemDog - both my son and I. That's our go-to right now. A nicely balanced high, not overwhelming, but gets the job done.

It’s been so many years since I’ve grown out regulars. I personally believe that you get the finest of phenos from the regulars.
I've really only grown two regulars (that weren't a male), but those two were both very, very nice! Frosty and dense nugs. I crossed a Zamaldelica female with a male White Widow blend - I call it White Zelica. I'm hoping I get some equally nice plants out of this batch.

Those leggy ones are leg-gy but I'm sure when they're upcanned no one will be able to tell the difference.
That's my plan for sure! :nervous-guy:

Back
Top Bottom