Outragedplutos Grow #2

Time to get some nutes in that happy frog!:peace:

Yea I'm feeding with the Neptune harvest every other watering. It's not a very strong fert though. I don't want to use anything synthetic. Only organic. It's hard to find potent organic nutes. But I'm visiting the green house tomorrow to see what they have. If they have work castings I will get that and then work it into the soil out side of my roots reach. This way it won't burn the roots and if the roots don't want to grow there they hopefully won't lol. Something I read in the TLO book is nutrient spikes. They are inch diameter holes that go to the bottom filled with mixes of raw nutrient that the roots can adapt to and feed off of.

Thanks everyone for your feed back. And welcome Arizonameds I'm glad to have you along!!
Keep it green everyone!!

Are you sure your not growing out here in Arizona lol, looks like all your stuff has been left out in the sun and melted lol, maybe its a camera thing? Love the train wreck, im subd for sure +Reps bud

Hey man when you say it looks like its been left out in the sun, do you mean that she looks light bleached?? Do I maybe have too many CFL in my closet. I have 7 total surrounding her with a dieing LED over top. There are like 1/4 of the diodes burnt out from me over using the cheap thing hahah. Is it possible to light bleach with cfl?

There is a definite darkening green starting from the bottom going up ever since I used the dilute urine a few days ago. So I think that most of the pale yellow is from nitrogen problems. I will do one more feeding like that before I start back with the flowering nutes. She is packing on the trichomes already. The trich are growing so fast that I can tell a noticable difference every morning I check on her. Tomorrow will be half way through my 10 week flower.

Thank you everyone!!!!
Keep it green :420:

Hey man when you say it looks like its been left out in the sun, do you mean that she looks light bleached?? Do I maybe have too many CFL in my closet. I have 7 total surrounding her with a dieing LED over top. There are like 1/4 of the diodes burnt out from me over using the cheap thing hahah. Is it possible to light bleach with cfl?

There is a definite darkening green starting from the bottom going up ever since I used the dilute urine a few days ago. So I think that most of the pale yellow is from nitrogen problems. I will do one more feeding like that before I start back with the flowering nutes. She is packing on the trichomes already. The trich are growing so fast that I can tell a noticable difference every morning I check on her. Tomorrow will be half way through my 10 week flower.

Thank you everyone!!!!

Hey pluto, the piss is good, just to see if that's what they wanted and give em a jolt of N, if your flowering nutes have n in them, you could just forego the piss and give em the flowering nutes. We wanna get back on track with regular nutrient schedule and get that urine through em. Watch them sooo closely to be sure they're getting enough, this is gonna be a factor in your harvest.

So I went to the green house today and they didn't have earth worm castings. Of course!! So I got a small bag of ff ocean forest instead. I took all the soil out of the top of the pot and kinda worked up the roots a bit. Then added the ocean forest and kinda worked it into the top roots. Then gave her a good watering. Hopefully this will help!!

Now with my next question. What would be the latest I would want to transplant. With my air-pot I am able to take the pot apart around the roots. So I wouldn't have to dig at the roots and damage them to much. I do have 5 weeks of flower left so its a lot of time for her to recover from the move. I would just move her into a pot filled with all ocean forest around the root mass. But I will wait at least a couple of days for her to recover from the top dressing.

Thanks everyone!! :)
Keep it green!! :Namaste:

I dont think I would transplant if you are using airpots.just letem go and think of what you will do next grow. consider it a learning exp:)

I dont think I would transplant if you are using airpots.just letem go and think of what you will do next grow. consider it a learning exp:)

thats what im thinking!! i want to do the whole nutrient spikes and layering with my next grow.

i just got the great news that i have out door grow spot!! its like a dream come true!! haha

Anyone know about the whole light bleaching thing?? i didnt think i would be able to give her to much light with cfls haha.

Thanks everyone for stopping by!
Keep it green!! :) :Namaste:

thats what im thinking!! i want to do the whole nutrient spikes and layering with my next grow.

i just got the great news that i have out door grow spot!! its like a dream come true!! haha

Anyone know about the whole light bleaching thing?? i didnt think i would be able to give her to much light with cfls haha.

Thanks everyone for stopping by!
Keep it green!! :) :Namaste:

I never noticed any bleaching, I put the cfls as close as I can without burnin em.

Okay then I will leave the lights alone and focus on getting more nutes to her soil!! Ill start with a her flower nutes next watering. And hopefully things will clear up for me :)

I don't think you could light bleach with CFLs, but it won't be the first or last time I was wrong :)

Good morning 420 and all its members. I hope everyone is having a great Sunday so far. I know i am!!! Sitting here in bed with my beautiful woman!!! :thumb: Browsing the awesome forums of 420magazine.

Anywho i have my update for week 5 day 4 in flowering. My nutrient problem is slowing and less leaves are being affected by it daily. she is also starting to get her rich dark green color back in her lower canopy. she is definitely still hungry for nitrogen but i need to keep on my flower nutes because she shows signs of potassium deficiency with brown curled tips on leaves. at least thats what i have it narrowed down to haha. i did do a top dressing with some Fox Farm Ocean forest so hopefully that will help give her what she needs. i have been feeding every other watering and at full strength ( i think, i have to do conversions because i only have one plant and making a gallon of nutes is senseless haha) if any one here is really good at math and conversions and would like to confirm that i am right i would love to have you confirm my math haha im awful!!!!!!!!!! and that could be why she is hungry.

on to the pictures!!!

First we have here is a beautiful picture of her from the top. as i said you can see she is still hungry for nitrogen.
P1060478.JPG

Nice Side pose of her!!
P1060477.JPG

Nice close ups of two of her flowers!!
P1060480.JPG
P10604811.JPG

And her all happy and content in her private closet (she's all alone :( , maybe ill get some friends for her soon :) )
P1060482.JPG

Well everyone that is all for now. thank you everyone for coming to my journal and have a great Sunday!!!
Keep it green!!!!:Namaste: :thumb:

Hey big O if you think a bout it like a dollar and divide it up like that it may be easier to mix your nutes for as much as you need.
what is 25% of a dollar I/4 of it 10% is a dime and so on so if you have a mix that is by the gallon pretend the gallon is a dollar and mix only that much don't ask about Ml but if you use the dollar method it should be easy. I was never very good at the metric system
forgot to say that your girl is one fine lookin mama:thumb:

i will have to try that. thanks for the advice!!!

and thank you for the compliment. i cant help but smile every time i look into my closet. i find my self just sitting in the door way just gazing at her for minutes on end haha. with sunglasses on of course :icon_cool :smokin: she may be only 13 inches but she is packing on the weight in flowers!! :) Thanks again fishy. always glad to see you around :thanks:

Thank you everyone!!!!

No not at all, it looked like a few things were melted or distorted or bent up maybe it was my eyes, dont know. hope i didnt get ya worrying.

i will have to try that. thanks for the advice!!!

and thank you for the compliment. i cant help but smile every time i look into my closet. i find my self just sitting in the door way just gazing at her for minutes on end haha. with sunglasses on of course :icon_cool :smokin: she may be only 13 inches but she is packing on the weight in flowers!! :) Thanks again fishy. always glad to see you around :thanks:

Do yor exact calculations on a post any way you want and i'll have a look at em. Fishys method is about the best u can use, keep it simple. Another thing, I hit mine with a kelp base product, once at the beginning of flower, shit has tons of micronutrients in it and gives me some assurance that they have everything they need....just me, but I never have nutrient deficiencies...maybe lockout, but the nutes ARE there! I have some experience with small plants like that bro, anything you need!

okay here are my calculations i have done for mixing nutes!!

i started out figuring out that a gallon is 3785 ml. i only needed about a tenth of that 378 ml.
i then figured out how much nute i needed for a gallon 4 tablespoons=60 ml. so i figured i only need a tenth of that 6 ml

so in the end i use 6 ml of nute for every 350 ml of water.

like i said im awful at math so this could be totally wrong haha!!!

okay here are my calculations i have done for mixing nutes!!

i started out figuring out that a gallon is 3785 ml. i only needed about a tenth of that 378 ml.
i then figured out how much nute i needed for a gallon 4 tablespoons=60 ml. so i figured i only need a tenth of that 6 ml

so in the end i use 6 ml of nute for every 350 ml of water.

like i said im awful at math so this could be totally wrong haha!!!

That is correct for mixing 1/10th of a gallon.

Back
Top Bottom