Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2015

Okay time for a full update, lots of stuff to go over. I'll do it with captions and explain most of them. But basically what I got done was mixing up all the recycled soil from the past 6 months with fresh soil and then transplanting the specimens that were ready. So I got about 7 plants fully potted as of now. Still have like another 7 to do. Anyway it feels good to get stuff done, I also took some pics of the revegging plants and some nugs and will write a small review on the Jack Dog

The recycled soil collected over 6 months
IMG_53384.JPG

Adding amendment
IMG_53393.JPG

Mixed it up and added more amendment
IMG_53402.JPG

Ok all that is for transplanting the vegging specimens
IMG_53495.JPG
IMG_53504.JPG
IMG_53524.JPG
IMG_53534.JPG

I also transplanted the reveggers into fresh soil, they're loving it. The Swiss Cheese is gonna be a beast, Swiss Cheese, then Jack Dog
IMG_53565.JPG

IMG_53574.JPG

Here's the revegging BB x SM
IMG_53583.JPG

Here is what still has to be potted in the near future
IMG_53454.JPG
IMG_53463.JPG
IMG_53486.JPG

Check this out, it's a pure sativa phenotype of the Kerala x Skunk, meaning it's mostly Kerala :cheer:
IMG_53474.JPG

Okay onto some nugs, a couple pics of that unknown strain
IMG_53413.JPG

IMG_53423.JPG

Alright here's the BB x SM in the curing jar
IMG_5362.JPG

Here is Batch (plant) #2 of the Jack Dog, this is some of the best Cannabis I've ever grown or had, it is absolutely phenomenal.
IMG_53615.JPG

Okay this is Batch (plant) #1 of the Jack Dog (JHxChemdogxNYCD), which is very similar to the other plant, but a little bit different, Noticeably different in flavor/effect, this particular batch is extremely powerful. It has a mature and spicy wine flavor with undertones of grapes, it has a slight essence of tropical fruit as well. After 1 bowl of this and 4.20 minutes later I'm in La La land with full body sensations and interesting sativa thoughts. It is truly an amazing hybrid and pheno.
IMG_53604.JPG

That's all folks. :volcano-smiley:

Aloha Brotha Sweet Update :thumb:
as for me things could be better stomachs been bothering me so I haven't been working
hope it isn't anything bad and hope it goes away soon other than that the plants are Great :high-five:

Doing great, Lester! For some dumb reason, I've never considered putting a tarp under my soil while mixing. I guess that's why they call it dope, lol. All looks yummy.:thumb:

Aloha Brotha Sweet Update :thumb:
as for me things could be better stomachs been bothering me so I haven't been working
hope it isn't anything bad and hope it goes away soon other than that the plants are Great :high-five:
Hey Brotha, hope you can get your stomach under control soon too, sometimes it has a mind of its own :circle-of-love:

Hey great looking stashables........... That purple damn near hit black. Keepem er Green
Hi there NW, hope you're doing well & thanks for cruising through, should be just enough puff to last until the next harvest or so. Spring buds sure are a delicious treat :yummy:

Doing great, Lester! For some dumb reason, I've never considered putting a tarp under my soil while mixing. I guess that's why they call it dope, lol. All looks yummy.:thumb:
Aloha AMK :ciao: :thanks:

__

Oh forgot to add this pic of the Swiss Cheese, loving this stuff as I knew I would, very delicious :yummy:
IMG_53595.JPG

Oh and the BB x SM is pretty sticky ;)
IMG_53636.JPG

:drool:

Hey Lester, I have a question I think you might have experience with. Im hoping to flower a couple ladies early. They are outside but I can carry them in and keep the light to under 12 hours so they flower, carrying them out for sun every day. I read once the flowering process goes so far they will not turn back to vegetative stage even if they get more than 12 hours of light. Im wondering how many weeks of under 12 hours before they are full blown flowering and wont revert back to veg? Any help would be appreciated from you or your friends. Thanks.

I read once the flowering process goes so far they will not turn back to vegetative stage even if they get more than 12 hours of light.

Depends on how long, the last week of flower its probably fine, I have experimented a few times with this idea

After being exposed to more than 12 hours of light for a couple weeks (again - after being exposed to force flower for ~4-5 weeks), the plant will be signaled to grow more leaflets accompanying the bud sites, eventually, by the time you would normally harvest, there'll be a ton of leaves.

This is also strain dependent, but it follows the general trend, at least in my experience they end up growing more leaves as a reaction to increased light.

Im wondering how many weeks of under 12 hours before they are full blown flowering and wont revert back to veg? Any help would be appreciated from you or your friends. Thanks.

I've experimented with 4-5 weeks of force flowering, and then I let the grow outside for 2-3 weeks and it started to go into full blown foxtailing and revegetation, at which point I harvested the buds, actually this was a few days ago on my Aurora Confidential plant

IMG_53704.JPG
IMG_53714.JPG
IMG_53735.JPG

So to give you a more solid answer, it's not really worth the risk IMO, your better off just staying to a consistent routine for the entire allotted flowering period, it's just not worth it for the crop to go into revegetation. After all, these plants are some of the more adaptive and evolutionarily advanced organisms.

Look at it like this though, the beauty lies in the revegetation because if you force flower a plant under light levels that are 8-10 hours a day, and then you harvest the buds leaving the little undergrown shoots at the bottom canopy, now when that plant gets released into the wild it will revegetate like crazy!

Wanted to do a little' expose on the revegetating plants I have under CFLs. Boy they are growing a lot after being put into the new soil.
Check this out:

Swiss Cheese revegging - date - 6/03
IMG_53206.JPG

10 days later - yesterday - 6/13
IMG_53755.JPG
IMG_53773.JPG

Jack Dog 10 days ago
IMG_53225.JPG

Jack Dog yesterday after LST
IMG_53764.JPG
IMG_53785.JPG

:cheer:

I'm going to have to try reveg after harvest. Looks like it could save a bit of effort and possibly some time between flowering runs indoors.

To get between runs with a strain I don't have seeds for I potted up some clones I got rooted in rockwool (yay, my first ones after killing every clone on my first few attempts) and will have to make new clones to repopulate my NFT tank. Just leaving the wee stuff at the bottom of the plants, res change and adding a few hours on the light timer sounds so much easier.

PS. Ever tried Mothers Finest? It's a JH descendant on the haze side of the family according to the bumf.

Thanks for the info Lester. I guess I will keep them on the same light regiment throughout flowering then. I always enjoy reading your grows. I havent had a lot of time for that lately though. Good luck and thanks again.

I'm going to have to try reveg after harvest. Looks like it could save a bit of effort and possibly some time between flowering runs indoors.

To get between runs with a strain I don't have seeds for I potted up some clones I got rooted in rockwool (yay, my first ones after killing every clone on my first few attempts) and will have to make new clones to repopulate my NFT tank. Just leaving the wee stuff at the bottom of the plants, res change and adding a few hours on the light timer sounds so much easier.

PS. Ever tried Mothers Finest? It's a JH descendant on the haze side of the family according to the bumf.
Just ask BAR! He's done quite a few revegetations :) It does stress the plant out a bit, but I've had nothing but good reveg. experiences, the buds and plants usually turn out as good if not better, and the yield is usually quite a bit more in total by the end. I'm a fan of it :)

I haven't heard of Mothers Finest but it does sound interesting :volcano-smiley:

Thanks for the info Lester. I guess I will keep them on the same light regiment throughout flowering then. I always enjoy reading your grows. I havent had a lot of time for that lately though. Good luck and thanks again.
No problem jetboy, thanks for clicking through and for the kind words. Good luck with your grow and be well! :ciao:

that unknown looks tasty:thumb::high-five::peace:ss61
Oh yes, it tastes like pure candy actually and the high is wicked :circle-of-love:

Sweet update Brotha :thumb:

Mahalo brother! Hope you're doing well :thanks:

--

Update - Finally got everything potted up , now it's just a waiting game as well as regular plant inspections which will mainly be composed of checking for sex, spraying the topsoil to interrupt the breeding cycle of any potential remaining fungus gnats, and to spray the undersides of the leaves with azamax on a routine basis in order to kill any spider mites that will inevitably try to take hold

There were 2 seedlings that came up in the same pot after planted a bunch, I tried to separate them but it wasn't worth the potential damage and just potted them together, I can train them away, but again I'm expecting a bunch of males
IMG_53994.JPG

This is a female sativa Blackberry, fimmed and LSTed
IMG_54004.JPG

Group shot, the unknown x chemdog x nycd plants are small but have good rootballs and they should explode with growth after their transplant into fresh soil
IMG_54015.JPG

the revegging Jack Dog
IMG_54025.JPG

the revegging Swiss Cheese
IMG_54036.JPG

:Namaste:

Looking great as usual!
Always a fan of your grows, curious to see how the re veg turns out!
Pop over and check out my outdoor scrog when u get a sec and throw some pointers at me!

Sweet! I'll check it out :ciao: :thanks:

Green in the Garden as Usual Aloha Brotha :thumb:

Hey Brotha :high-five:, I'm happy with things so far :Namaste:

Been a while since I said high. When your plants hit my eyeballs it brings me much joy. :)
:Namaste:

Mahalo Kiefers! Thanks for the kind words :)

Why hello and good day to you sir..... I see your garden is in order and a wonderful sight. I also noticed your title and congrat`s to you on that as well. The investment of your time and talents only makes it fitting. I have been up and down the east coast the last 9 months, building log homes ( a crew member ) for the life styles of the rich and want-abees. It is straight up cash and expense`s payed so any garden plans here are on hold. Plus it is 100+ Florida summer time so....

Have gained a few contacts in NC and Kentucky that have combined 50 years invested in proliferating and nurturing. So looking to wrap up the traveling and getting to digging in the next month or so. But the cash is hard to walk away from compared to the M/F 40`s that are out there.

On a short brake from the building and glad I stopped by to get a pick me up. Your buds are always a pleasure to view, and as this company tests. Chainsaws and insurance reasons...bummer... But, I have a great imagination and feeling warm and fuzzy just looking!! Great to see your going strong and your work and time have earned fitting recognition. As I hope to be posting soon and will try to follow the guide-lines...!!! ...Peace.....

:Namaste: :thumb: :bravo:

Back
Top Bottom