Sanwan's Strawberry Blue & King's Kush Grow

Sanwan

:welcome: fellow Deep Water Culture and others! Thanks for stopping by my newest grow journal. I do appreciate ya' coming along for the journey, even if you only ride for some of the way.
As most already know my last grow was from bag seed and only produced 1 female, which I am still growing. All kinds of mistakes along the way this last month or so (And the lone female is really behind as a result). Fingers crossed; I will include cameo updates on her as we go along.
Anyhow, all my positive energy and $$ can now go in to something worth growing. But all leading up to this was great practice... knowing there is still so much to learn!!

Anyways, as good luck would have it my gift came from overseas yesterday!:yahoo: Of course I already had things cleaned and everything ready to go in advance. I like a clean grow area and am a bit tedious about it sometimes... you'll see evidence of such as we go along, never will get too messy or dis-organized. I feel it can make a big difference in the efficiency of a grow... I think! lol

And PLEASE give advice, answers, ask questions, love letters or hate mail! I will take it all! I have learned so much already from you guys/gals, even from journals I have yet to pop in and say "hello". I am really excited to have strains of great genetics and hope to make my lil' community proud.

Re: Jawasan's Strawberry Blue & King's Kush Grow

So here we go with the stats and so forth:

March 8th

Starting with 3 seeds but 2 strains....
*Strains: (Strawberry Blue and King's Kush)
*Indoors or Outdoors?: Indoor Grow
*Method: Deep Water Culture baby!!!
*Lighting: 200W cfl for veg, Haight Solid State PPF-800 LED for flowering

Here is what World of Seeds says about Strawberry Blue:

STRAWBERRY BLUE
Sex : Feminized
Type : Indica / Sativa, Mostly sativa
Flowering : Photoperiod Genetics : Pure Strawberry x New Blue Line
Flowering Time : Medium, Long Outdoor Harvest : Mid-October
Height : Medium THC Level : 20%
Characteristics : Classic Strawberry Strain
World of Seeds Legend Collection Strawberry Blue is Pure Strawberry stabilized with male hybrid New Blue Line. Strawberry Blue cannabis seeds can be cultivated both indoors and outdoors. Strawberry Blue is 75% Sativa, 25% Indica. Harvest time for flowering is 9 weeks indoors and middle of October outdoors. Yield for Strawberry Blue is 50-450gr/m2 indoors and 350-500gr per plant outdoors. THC Level is 20%.
Strawberry Blue medicinal value is high..This is the potential....
strawberry-blue-cannabis-seeds.jpg

Here is the King's Kush stats...
Sex : Feminized
Type : Indica, Sativa, Indica / Sativa
Flowering : Photoperiod Genetics : OG Kush, Grape.
Flowering Time : Medium Outdoor Harvest : October
Height : Medium THC Level : Medium
Characteristics : Slow at first, creepy, but very heavy and long lasting
Green House Seeds Kings Kush are a unique hybrid of the OG Kush from Apothecary Seeds and a Grape Ape Original Clone. Both strains have gained serious recognition in medical clubs all over the west coast of the USA and Canada.
King's Kush marijuana seed grows into is a really beautiful cannabis plant and looks a bit like its Kush siblings, but gets purple veins and sweetness typical for the Grape Ape. It's cannabis seeds are perfect for indoor growing - short, bushy, and very dense. The leaves are thick, overlapping and dark green, with shades of purple appearing regularly even with no cold temperatures. The marijuana buds form in a round shape, with irregular calyx formation and oversized calyxes shooting out of the regular bud profile. Branching is very uniform, with short and sturdy internodes. Sometimes it is necessary to remove some sets of branches to allow more light and air to reach the inner areas of the plant. Strong characteristics allow this cannabis variety outdoor grow in most areas.
King's Kush has is flowering for 8-9 weeks. The production is achieved already in the 8th week but the full resin development needs a little longer.
The smell of this Kush is very intense, and almost tangy. It reminds us of lavender, grape and musk.. The taste is somehow rougher than the smell, very similar to the OG Kush but with a hint of grape and berries in the background.
kings-kush-cannabis-seeds-greenhouse_01-07-03.jpg

greenhouse-kings-kush-cannabis.jpg

So this is how they came on the 8th..... free t-shirt, I opted for original packaging just because I was curious how they market/package these overseas. Kinda' looks just like seed packets for carrots, tomatoes and the likes...info on the back of the packs, flowering times, genetics, etc. Hmmmmm, pretty cool. BTW, the Greenhouse "White Widow" has a white coating on it? What is that all about? Anyone? Germ the same way?

So I already had my rockwool soaking in water balanced at 5.5.....
IMG_20581.JPG

Picked out 2 Strawberry Blue seeds and the King'd Kush which was a FREEBIE (I got a Super Lemon Haze as a freebie as well, that will be nice when the time comes!!), went ahead and soaked those in a cup of 5.9 ph RO water at 12:30 pm....
IMG_20612.JPG

12 hours later after midnight I put them in some folded moist paper towels and placed that in a Chinese takeout dish, covered and placed on a nice warm seed mat. Goodnight little ones....
IMG_2064_2.JPG

MARCH 9th
I do not sleep much! Anyhow, I woke up at 7:30 this morning and went to have a peek under the paper towels.... lo' and behold we have birth!!!! All in less than 24 hours......Time to get ready for bubbles later this afternoon!!
000_0408.JPG

I am real interested in King's Kush, heard this was quite a nice strain.

SG

Hey Sanibel, thanx for stopping in.
KK seems to have a nice following. The small stature is what attracted me mostly.
I promise I will do my best when growing her! Only have one seed so I am looking for a great mother and will clone away. Going to get some T5 lights this evening for the cloner.

Sounds like you got yourself a busy afternoon my friend, can't wait to see how these turn out. Im in for the ride :popcorn:

:welcome: Mike H, I am hoping this goes much smoother. Surely it will be busy.... but this is all I have to do all day other than the "honey do" list my wife makes.... and that is all done by mid-morn! lol Well I am off to Home Depot and hydro store.

Hey Sanibel, thanx for stopping in.
KK seems to have a nice following. The small stature is what attracted me mostly.
I promise I will do my best when growing her! Only have one seed so I am looking for a great mother and will clone away. Going to get some T5 lights this evening for the cloner.

I love my t5's as well :)

SG

I have the two foot four bulb sun system with yoyo's it's helping flower my clone right now but I use the real nice bulbs from greners, plant sure likes it too! But I don't think it will fit in my cloning cab I am making.

SG

Hey man, everything sounds great! I'm pulling up a chair.

Thanks for swinging by as well FryingPanFlyer! Alway nice to have you aboard. Everyone watching thanks. Here's to ya'! :rollit::passitleft:

I figured I would jump on here real quick while waiting for some water to adjust. I must say I am very surprised and very pleased at how quickly the SB and KK went from the soaking to popping. I surely expected a couple days at least, but who am I to complain.
I was busy doing personal things today so I am just now getting my ass in gear and putting these babies in RW and finishing up; after midnight again, go figure. I will post picture and such of the progress in a bit.... back to work!!
:peace:

Don't let H2O2 sit on your skin too long folks, even the weak stuff from the grocery store! Yes I know H2O2 is caustic, was wiping out buckets last night and really didn't think much of it till my hands started itching and had white blotches. No worries, just rinsed for a long time and washed with soap. But just a reminder folks to be careful with your chems.

Geezus my sleep schedule really makes for a long "grow day". I usually go to bed around 2:30-3 am and am up by 8:30 at the latest. Seems like I am always around this darn grow room.

So I got the seeds planted, identity marked, and tubes in the sides of the RW. I had already prepped the hydroton NUMEROUS times and then soaked in balanced water at 5.6 ish.
Water is set at a slow trickle and there are NO NUTES in water, just Ph balanced. Here you can see MORE growth of the tap root just in the space of about 8-10 hours while it was waiting for me to get my ass in gear! I hope that is a sign of growth to come.
000_0418.JPG

... and of course we have a nice whirlpool spa for them to relax in. They can pop open a couple bottles of their fav GH micro brew (Soon! No underage drinking in this grow room) and relax their many legs in the water....
000_0415.JPG

... more bubbles, there are 4 10" air stones running off 2 ports from the air pump....
000_0416.JPG

... and lastly here is the tub in place. Yes, I will be covering the lid so no light gets in, that will be done this afternoon...
000_0419.JPG

000_0420.JPG

Instead of making a cover for the empty net pots I fill a cup of water and place it in there, it blocks the light and is my passive humidifier... and also stops me from knocking cups of water over!! Good idea if you are forever tipping water over and have empty net pot holes.

March 9th:
As of now both strains are in same res, I will eventually separate them.
*Cab Temp, Water & RH: 81*- 68.4*- 42%
*Ph: 5.67
*PPM: 29

March 10th:
Nothing going on as of now, I kinda' expect to see a sprout later this evening, but not getting hopes too high. We'll see. Will takes some readings later.

looking good. im watching this one. intrested to see the kings kush. trying to figure what one i want to buy. kings, bubba, burmese, og, purple clone only "vegas cut" and im runnin the mk right now her kids will be in flower in a few weeks.

Thats a trick'd out res if I have ever seen one! I wish I had that nice of writing lol. looking good sir!

SG

looking good. im watching this one. intrested to see the kings kush. trying to figure what one i want to buy. kings, bubba, burmese, og, purple clone only "vegas cut" and im runnin the mk right now her kids will be in flower in a few weeks.

There are so many to try!! haha My shopping cart has about $600 in seeds, just a wish list, never would spend that kinda' cash, especially at one drop! Yikes! Wife would shoot me. That Burmese sounds nice.

I might get more from World of Seeds. They have a line called Landraces which has some really nice strains, might be of interest to ya'. Check it out.

Thats a trick'd out res if I have ever seen one! I wish I had that nice of writing lol. looking good sir!

SG

Pimp my Res'!! lol Thx SB.

Yeh I was tedious as possible with the aluminum tape... oh what joy when doing ANOTHER lid later. Uhhggg!
Ya' know how it is Sanibel when you get your new beans and such, all excited and want everything shiny and tidy for them. :ganjamon:

yeah ive been thinking world of seeds. but im trying to get this clone first. its my goal next trip to vegas. its one of the original 3 cuts of purple kush. and i know this for a fact because i havent found anything that potent since! and well i know the grower, but thats a diff story.

Pimp my Res'!! lol Thx SB.

Yeh I was tedious as possible with the aluminum tape... oh what joy when doing ANOTHER lid later. Uhhggg!
Ya' know how it is Sanibel when you get your new beans and such, all excited and want everything shiny and tidy for them. :ganjamon:

lol I am the same way! I still have like 7 free Nirvana seeds in storage .... I have to wait though. Since I'll have like 3 different things going on. Flowering that monster clone, hasn't really changed but it is the first week.\

SG

yeah ive been thinking world of seeds. but im trying to get this clone first. its my goal next trip to vegas. its one of the original 3 cuts of purple kush. and i know this for a fact because i havent found anything that potent since! and well i know the grower, but thats a diff story.

Well let me say your grow is going great Trunk, I was just over checking your pics! I never really chime in much on people's journals but I do read thru them and look. Geezus, sometimes I don't know if other grows are here are more inspiring or they just depresses me! Just kidding though, but it seems like it can take forever at times when seeing everyone's big buds. Doing great bro', can't wait to see the production results.

Back
Top Bottom