ScienceGrow's Sativa Dominant Outdoor Bag Seed Grow - 2015

I'm harvesting Sunday at the latest, but probably tomorrow. Took more macros and there's probably about 5% or so amber, mostly cloudy on all buds but that one.

Killed the lights, they'll be off until harvest. Supposedly this increases THC or something. If so, cool, but at the very least, and my main goal, is to prevent further THC degradation. Was going to feed tonight, so I'm cancelling that.

Yay!

Harvested a pound wet, hoping for about a quarter of that dry. That'd be great!

Currently drying in the same cabinet, about 68, 45rH, constant airflow, and no lights.

I'm ecstatic. Buds look great with all those dead leaves cut off. I'll get a picture of them hanging, and will get a pic of each bud later when I jar them. They're all pretty big. If I can screw up that much and end up with this, I can't wait till I stop sucking at it.

Wow. Is that fan leaves and all? I have noticed the only two grows I harvested gave me 1/6th of the wet weight....you might be looking at 2.5 oz dry. That seems like a decent amount indoors... I cant wait for some pics...

Sweet.

That's awesome SG :thumb:
The times I get around to weighing anything, it seems I usually hit dead on 1/4 weight when it's dried. That's if I'm weighing the wet stuff without major stems. Though I noticed last time with my sativa that it was about 1/3 weight when it dried. But at that harvest the plant was quite dry and hadn't been watered -plus the sativa is so much fluffier maybe the equation is a bit different.

Wow. Is that fan leaves and all? I have noticed the only two grows I harvested gave me 1/6th of the wet weight....you might be looking at 2.5 oz dry. That seems like a decent amount indoors... I cant wait for some pics...

Sweet.
No, that's with it trimmed. I didn't do the best job trimming, but the big stuff is off.

I'd be fine with that too, I'm just happy I got to harvest, and have some clones coming along.

That's awesome SG :thumb:
The times I get around to weighing anything, it seems I usually hit dead on 1/4 weight when it's dried. That's if I'm weighing the wet stuff without major stems. Though I noticed last time with my sativa that it was about 1/3 weight when it dried. But at that harvest the plant was quite dry and hadn't been watered -plus the sativa is so much fluffier maybe the equation is a bit different.
The stems are still pretty long on these, for the sake of hanging. That'll knock a few grams off.

Here's some pictures.
DSC_2304.JPG
DSC_2307.JPG
DSC_2309.JPG

Yeah, it's bagseed, from a bag I got that had one seed inside a bud. My friend got some from that bag that had two more seeds in it, those were my Beta and Gamma plants.

Both went male and I pollinated a few buds with their pollen. Those are actually still growing and I'll let them do whatever they want to do. Hopefully I get a few seeds.

I assumed Sativa because of the leaf presentation, long and thin. Strangely, the leaves on the clones are far more indica like, shor and fat. I'm not sure if it's possible for environment to alter phenotype like that, but the clones have visibly thicker leaves than the mother. Strange but true. May just be nutrients making it grow differently, maybe more vigorously.

I have no idea what strain it could be.

I'm gonna dry till ready for jarring, then jar in quart mason jars for at least two weeks. It'll take a while to smoke all of this so I'll naturally have differect levels of curing time. I'll likely start smoking it after two weeks of curing. I'd like to get some of it to six months. Just to see the differences dependent on cure time.

So, about three weeks till the first smoke report.

Still drying. Probably 3, 4 more days I'd say. Branches bend, almost snap, but not quite.

I have a few photos of the roots. They weren't as bad as I thought they'd be, but damn, were they ever pot bound. Looked like a sheet of paper all the way around and up and down the pot.

In other news, all three of my Fast & Vast autos succesfully germinated and are sitting under light. They germinated in 24 hours.

Man, what a little scare I had the other day. I had always read that tossing seeds in water and seeing if they sink or float was a way to see if they were dead seeds or not.

So I toss my three seeds in water, and to my horror, they floated. I pushed on them to eliminate surface tension. Still floating. Damn, all three?

Nobody ever says you have to wait a while. It makes sense. Just, nobody ever says that part.

Anyway, I left them in water for about 12 hours, they all sank. Then put them in betweem wet paper towels, and they were germinated within 8 hours. Immediately planted in promix soil for seedlings, placed under my lower power LED with the clones.

So, awesome, 100% germinated. Now let's see if they sprout.

Journal for them soon. Question. Is it a violation to put a photo of the seed pack in my journal? They're weird about that stuff sometimes.

You can put photos of your seed pack no problem. I see that all the time. 420 admins are smart enough to realize that we aren't all going to be getting seeds just from sponsors, by a long shot. As long as we aren't going out of our way to promote non-sponsor seedbanks (repetitively and loudly singing their praises all over the place) then they don't mind.

Alright, a couple little updates.

I wanted to see what my roots looked like so I pulled it out of the pot and it looked like this
DSC_2312.JPG

The roots had wrapped around and around until it basically made a paperlike material. So I was pot bound as hell. But there was a decent roots structure on the inside too and I was surprised at how fluffy the soil was, so maybe it wasn't as bad as I thought.
DSC_23133.JPG

I ended up with 2.5 lids, just as lazyfish predicted. Those stems sure do weight a lot. Just waiting another week to smoke it and report back and close this journal out. I just started a new one for my Fast & Vast autoflower.

I trimmed when I took them down, before drying. Not a very good job mind you, but I was being rushed by family needs.

Ahh, so, the smoke report!

Well, when you open the jars, there's VERY little smell, but what's there is kind of fresh and flowery. However, once you touch it, the smell is strong with a piney/lime aroma. When you smoke it, and my brother in law surprised me by saying exactly the same, it tastes like the first time I smoked weed. Anyway, it's nothing special in the smell and taste department, but it'll do just fine.

It's as smooth as can be, like inhaling regular air. I use a bong, but only a little water and ice. I don't have any of those cool percolators or diffusers. I'm going to venture a guess and say that it was the death of the bud leaves that helped here. The bud leaves were brown when I chopped, so completely without chlorophyll. Whatever the cause, smoooooth.

And the effect? It starts almost immediately, a bit of a face/head buzz, instant relaxation, and within 10 minutes I'm nice and high, happy, giggly, and hungry, and not at all sleepy. And the more you smoke, the higher you get. I haven't had that in years. Usually I just get more tired, and the stone maintains. This is absolutely a sativa dominant, no doubt about it.

Smoked my dad up, my wife, brother in law, and a friend, only my wife knew it was mine, and they all enjoyed it, and loved the giggly high it was producing. I haven't had a solid, uncontrollable laugh fest in years.

Very happy with this plant, whatever it is. So happy I made it to harvest. Thanks to the followers for the encouragement, advice, and conversation. See you guys in my other grows and in yours.

Grow Completed.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom