Lucky's First Home Grown Bag Seed

Hey, how about a 60-100X magnification, I found one of those at Radio Shack for 11.99, it'd be nice to have one that adjust down to 10X but maybe I could use a magnifying glass for that? Thoughts...thanks ya'll I have learned so much here! :thumb:

Tricks said:
Hey, how about a 60-100X magnification, I found one of those at Radio Shack for 11.99, it'd be nice to have one that adjust down to 10X but maybe I could use a magnifying glass for that? Thoughts...thanks ya'll I have learned so much here! :thumb:

You can't use a magnifying glass to check trich color. I normally have my microscope at 70x that one will work perfectly

Ok good because I bought it, I think there is a small scratch on the lens, but we'll see how it looks when I look at something..wish I had some trichs to check out right about now...well growing that is LOL

Farmer, or anyone else, I have a question about this microscope, I'd take a pic of it so you could see it, but of course I still can't find my camera. Does yours have a clear plastic base ? it has a hole in it so you can place it over the subject, I'd guess thats why its there. I was having a heck of a time getting something small ( dead bug*not from garden*) under the scope right, do you place the subject say flat on a surface and then sit the scope down over it, or are you supposed to slide the subject in between the bottom of the lens and the clear plastic base? kind of like you put a slide under a microscope in a lab? it would seem you'd sit the scope on the subject, which would make sense why there is a round open space in the base....hope I explained what I was asking well enough to understand.....thanks again:peace:

You have the same one I have. The plastic base acts as a guard. The subject should rest on the outside of the guard while you use the focus knob to adjust focus.. It is a bit tricky to use at first but once you get the hang of it it's cake. Just make sure you have the light on! Sorry if we are jacking your thread lucky! Lol how's your girl lookin?

Ggrant how did you add your journal under all your posts?

Should I use just a paper bag from the grocery to dry out a few buds for this weekend?

Lucky said:

Should I use just a paper bag from the grocery to dry out a few buds for this weekend?

Yeah, Lucky, my journal is at the bottom of my sig under My Current Grow. I put some blank lines in the sig, so that it wouldn't come immediately after my posted messages.

And a paper bag from the grocery is the way to go! Mine was from a sandwich shop. My flower room is on 8/16, so sometimes 8 hours isn't quite enough to dry the buds, but when it's on 12/12, one day is usually fine. If you leave it for two days, they should be bone dry. I try to avoid using the oven or any quick dry method as it seems to screw up the smoke - not sure if it's heat evaporation or what.

Sorry Lucky, I didn't even think that my question kinda took on a life of its own, maybe it could be moved to product reviews or something? Farmer, thanks for the help bro, I got it kinda, still a little tricky --> :lot-o-toke: but I'm gettin there! :peace:

Hello Gents,

Trying to figure out what's going on with her. Usually the leaves are turned slightly down, leaves feel brittle and some are miss colored.

My bulb is 10 in from my top middle cola's. I have 1 fan blowing directly on the bulb and 1 tall fan that oscillates over the plant.

I'm also seeing some new growth of white hairs. Is this normal this late into flowering?

P10109473.JPG

P10109391.JPG

P10109451.JPG

P10109413.JPG

The new hairs are coming in off of foxtails. In a few days you might start seeing little banana shaped or "fox tail" shaped things popping out of your buds. It's normal. Some say it's caused by heat, but either way, it's nothing to worry about. Your plant is in the final stages.. Your leafs are going to start dying off. It's normal. They will change colors and wilt. It's just nature running its course. Start flushing her and getting ready to pack your bowls dudeeee!!!

So I found out I can actually look at the trichomes using my camera! I saw mostly cloudy trichome heads but a few are still clear.

I cut off a few good nugs for the weekend. My gf is coming and some guests so I wanted a little more. Especially since I saw most of the heads were cloudy it should be an awesome smoke! It won't be flushed of course but it still looks pretty. What do you think? They weighed 16g wet. How much weight is lost in drying? 30%?

They sure are b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l
P10109601.JPG

P10109643.JPG

Maybe my light is to close? Ten inches to the top buds. I'm noticing the bottom buds are really starting to get bigger.

Light stress causing the fox tails, and downward turned leaves?

luckiestman13 said:
Maybe my light is to close? Ten inches to the top buds. I'm noticing the bottom buds are really starting to get bigger.

Light stress causing the fox tails, and downward turned leaves?

The plants not stressed, foxtails are very common and nothing to worry about IMO. They just... Happen lol. Those buds look DANKKKK!! Nice job man. Sadly, you'll lose about 70% in weight when it dries. I was shocked after my first harvest.. 112 g wet off my one plant... 27 g dry. Lotta water weight!

Well I smoked a couple small bowls this afternoon been cleaning my house ever since 1130 lol

It is pretty fluffy and not very dense. Not really sure if dense buds are better. Obviously for the same size a more dense nug will be heavier, but what if you had 1.0g of a dense bud and the same amount of a fluffy one. The same right? Given all the other variables are the same.

My 16.0g yesterday was 7.2 today and it's still a little to wet to smoke. She has a slight blue or purple that doesn't show up with the flash I'll see if I can get some more pics.

Didn't understand your question the first time.

In the upper right hand corner, you will see your name

welcome, luckiestman13

Under that, you will see

Your notifications: 2​

Click this and you will get a drop down menu. Click on

Unread Private messages

This should bring up the page where you can edit everything.

There is Your Control Panel on the left, and under

Settings & Options​

you can edit your Avatar and your Signature among other things.

The Avatar I'm sure you know is the picture on your posts. The Signature is the line(s) that will follow after all your posts. Put anything you want here, including the URL to your journal.

There's a whole bunch of other stuff here that I haven't bothered to look at.

Your grow is awesome! Near the end of flowering, the fan leaves turn yellow, then brown, then die and fall off. They are giving their remaining nitrogen to the buds to ensure their survival. So, what you're seeing is perfectly normal.

I can't remember what you're going to do next.

Was it to re-vegetate and then take some clones?

Thanks for stopping by Ggrant I've missed you. lol

Well I have a lot up in the air at the moment. I'm building a new room when this grow finishes up. Waiting until it's done so I can completely clean the room from top to bottom to remove any pollen and dust. I will try and reveg her just to try it but I'm looking at getting a sativa hybrid and indica hybrid. About 5 of each I think. I want to try and flower 10 plants at a time. Probably will end up adding another 600w hps light as well. Probably a MH/hps digital ballast so I can have more options down the road.

There are just sooo many strains. How can a man ever decide? Also still need to research more on what type of set up I'll go with. I like the results from DWC seem to be larger than soil. But I'm concerned with hydro. Would I be able to leave for 4-5 days without having to worry?

I want to try and flower 10 plants at a time. Probably will end up adding another 600w hps light as well. Probably a MH/hps digital ballast so I can have more options down the road.

Ten plants, WOW! We've created a monster! I have one 400W ballast. I can't imagine what 2 600W lamps would be like. I get a sunburn from just the one lamp.

I know there are zillions of strains. What you need to do is pick ones based on things like:

Length of flowering cycle;
Sativa-dominant or Indica-dominant;
Height of plants;

It doesn't seem as if you have any space restrictions, so maybe you're looking to get the best Indica for mellowing out and couchlock and the best Sativa for going out and doing things and having a trippy high.

I've been doing a lot of browsing to find the strains I want, and it isn't easy.

What you might do is look at recent Cannabis Cup winners and pick a strain from there. I think they have separate categories for Sativa, Indica, and Medical Cannabis.

I've missed coming by your journal, too, Lucky! I've been helping a lot of noobs and haven't had as much chance to stop by as you're a seasoned pro now!

I'm still around and will be stopping in from time to time, but if you have an immediate problem with your grow, either send me a PM or post something on my journal.

Wish I could join you in trying out your harvest!

Back
Top Bottom