Scooby's 1st grow - LED

No LED yet, but I have a tracking number and I will have it in a couple of days.

Tossed the LAC. No signs of life at all.
Holding out hope on the second WW that hasn't sprouted.
1 of 2 bag seeds sprouted today.

Other than that I'll be adding some CO2 this week. Nothing fancy. Grannie420 saved me the effort of looking for a DIY method by posting one in her journal.

HGL hahaha ya know what Id like to see in the led world? you know them baby ufo's? I need one like that to keep my baby 1.2 foot mother alive. Any more and she will grow to much "even at 16/8", i only need 3 clones ever 2 months... Rigth now she has a lil cfl but even that thing makes to much heat in my super cool led cabniet..

like a little 10 watt beast, a unit like that could be sold as house plant boosters and herb growers at a good price to.

I worked on a 21W model, that measured about 8" x 8", but my supplier doesn't have the mold for it. I talked with a company who did have the mold, but they wouldn't be able to do a reflector (shiny plastic insert) on the unit. They also want me to order about 20+ of them, when I don't think many would sell, except as supplemental units. Anyhow, the cost on the little 21W, if I retailed it, would have been about $135 + shipping, which I don't think is very reasonable. Hopefully in a few months there will be more companies who copied the mold, and I can get the 21W built a bit cheaper. Units of that size would be perfect for my little cactus garden :)

ya and in this unit wide lens would be a good thing, right?

Also consider this. you know ptcr or uhh proto-typing circut board?

They sell small cases for these as well. maybe consider using these premade parts in stead of the full light unit. i bet you could get leds on a board made cheap. then make a case, no fan??

Get a can of skoal, "chew it all", then throw the lid away stick your ptcb with 10 leds on and get a new clear lid made for the can. I need dat.

ya and in this unit wide lens would be a good thing, right?

Also consider this. you know ptcr or uhh proto-typing circut board?

They sell small cases for these as well. maybe consider using these premade parts in stead of the full light unit. i bet you could get leds on a board made cheap. then make a case, no fan??

Get a can of skoal, "chew it all", then throw the lid away stick your ptcb with 10 leds on and get a new clear lid made for the can. I need dat.

LoL, a Skoal light. Do you have a link for that company you're talking about? I can see what cases they make to check if any of them would work. I would still keep 60 degree LED's in it though, as you still want to be able to deliver light efficiently to your plants. As far as getting LED's made, I let the experts do it already, and they're cost efficient ;) They test each unit for several hours prior to boxing it, and give a 3 year warranty if anything is wrong. I'm not personally interested in building the units, I like engineering them.

Now were cooking with gas! LED arrived and put in the tent!

Not sure i mentioned it before, but all the seeds except the bag seed were feminized.

First shot of the girls. Top row left side. Blackberry #1, Wonder Woman, bag seed.
Bottom row left to right. LA Woman, Blackberry #2

Have one bag seed and one WW that still haven't sprouted. Giving them 24-48 hours under LED before pronouncing dead.

Started with nutes with yesterdays water. 1/2 strength Big bloom. not sure if it was too early for the bag seed to get some or if it just didn't like something. Hasn't looked good over the last 12-18 hours. Started like a bat out of hell, now looks a little shriveled. I put off adding CO2 till the weekend due to starting the nutes and changing the light.

up1.jpg

up21.jpg

up3.jpg

finally the LED...i been waiting to see it!!! lol now things should get rolling...congrats on ur new buy and goodluck!

Nice! So you got the tracking info like monday and it came wensday? Just curious so I can get an Idea when I get mine!

You really can't count on the tracking information to help. It didn't tell me when it would get here until the morning of. Things also get screwy when trying to figure out time over the date line. :roorrip: It got here when Cammie said it would.

The shadow the light throws off the cups is really trippy. Looks like your watching an old school 3D movie without the glasses.

I try to be as accurate as I can with shipping information, but sometimes I can be a couple days off. Also, I only get Reference numbers from UPS, which causes a lot of headaches, as most people don't know where the "track by reference" link is on the UPS website... They don't issue a US tracking number until it reaches the states, which is probably why you didn't see it online until the morning of ;) Generally lights arrive 2-3 days after they've been shipped, as China is generally a day ahead of us.

Sounds good. I have some plants ready to go. I had to switch them to 12/12 today. next week sometime I will swap my old 120 watt led unit out with yours. should still be better results than last time.

I guarantee you will have better results with the 126W vs the 120W you got on eBay ;) You will see a big difference this time around.

I try to be as accurate as I can with shipping information, but sometimes I can be a couple days off. Also, I only get Reference numbers from UPS, which causes a lot of headaches, as most people don't know where the "track by reference" link is on the UPS website... They don't issue a US tracking number until it reaches the states, which is probably why you didn't see it online until the morning of ;) Generally lights arrive 2-3 days after they've been shipped, as China is generally a day ahead of us.

Your timing was all good :goodjob: Also, the tracking worked by using the reference number in the regular tracking field, just not till it hits the US.

Looking forward to seeing the progress as well.

Your timing was all good :goodjob: Also, the tracking worked by using the reference number in the regular tracking field, just not till it hits the US.

Looking forward to seeing the progress as well.

Hey scooby the light looks pretty cool...I've been tracking my lights and they should be here tomorrow!:slide:

Looks like a bunch of us are testing these units out...I'm dedicating mine to sonic and the rest of the folks at 420 as I've arranged for them to be tested with White Widow and AMS feminized seeds from GREENHOUSE SEEDS..another 420 sponsor:cheer:

My buddy :ganjamon: is putting 16 18" plants straight into flower with the 3lights!:grinjoint::allgood::popcorn:...should have something to compare to in 5 weeks!

Good Luck and a dog bisquit to you scooobbbb!

Hi Scooby I'm interested in the performance of those designs. I'm using 90w UFO and this technology is beginning to make some real advancments in my opinion. I hope Hydro Grow gets these leds tweaked to perfection.

dunno much about strains but I'd go with 2 Blackberry for sure, purely for the thc level, can't advise on ease of growing.

SHould be a fun grow to watch, good luck.

subbed

Back
Top Bottom