Seeds

Canachris

Does anyone know of seed distributors located in the USA, I saw an article about the Fed's declaring seed legal because they have no thc. Just about all the seed banks I've checked out want some kind of crypto currency or euros.

If they ship to the US then their sites usually have a toggle to put it into US dollars instead of euros. I haven't seen anything about them making seeds legal, but with hemp legal how can they tell the difference? Problem is even if allowed to possess the way it worded on using postal service and crossing State lines could be a headache, coupled with all the agencies communicate so well and are always aware of changes in rules ;) umm not :rofl: .

I'm not sure if any of the Sponsors are in the US currently but I think some of them are in Canada so would be a way to see prices in US dollars. Sponsors | 420 MAGAZINE ® I see by their banner that Expert seeds say shipping to US in 24hrs from a US facility, I'm not sure what payment forms they take (as I don't look much as have enough seeds to prob last me a decade anyway ;) :rofl:) .

I see by their banner that Expert seeds say shipping to US in 24hrs from a US facility, I'm not sure what payment forms they take.

I ordered from them a couple weeks ago. Seeds shipped from New York. Ordered Monday and had them Saturday. Paid via Venmo. Their site Venmo instructions say pay to @goldencase under business name. It won't come up if you search with the @ symbol in front of the name. Just put in Goldencase and you should see BCN Corp.

Does anyone know of seed distributors located in the USA, I saw an article about the Fed's declaring seed legal because they have no thc. Just about all the seed banks I've checked out want some kind of crypto currency or euros.
You have to always check and recheck the articles to be sure that they were written correctly. Often we jump to conclusions about what we read based on several "key words". Re-reading is another way of double checking. I have to do it constantly these days especially with the articles on-line, many of which were submitted 'on speculation' and no one at the web site actually proof reads what was submitted nor double checks to make sure that the writer was correct.

On to your question....

Check the sponsors page to see if any of the businesses there, who are supporting the web site, will fit what you are looking for. If none of them fit what you want then do a google search. I used the words below just to be sure something would show up:
cannabis seeds in us

A bunch of seed sources popped up. One of the ones was in your state. I am not recommending any of them, even though there were several here in my state, and it is best to check any seed web site over completely just to be sure that payment and shipping methods fit what you want.

Yes, I am in Southern California and I ordered from site sponsor @Weed Seeds Express and my order shipped from San Diego California.

Safer to order from Europe. Slightly higher chance of your seeds being stolen, but most businesses will reship if necessary, either by default or if you upgrade. And "slightly higher" is still quite low.

Last couple of times I ordered from a foreign entity, they were shipped from a domestic location. Not really sure how I feel about that. They arrived really quick, but the shipper would have had the shipping information at least for a little while (and not everyone uses difficult to crack communications methods), would be subject to the power of a LEO warrant, might be intimidated in the event of a bust, et cetera. A European entity, on the other hand, would tell a (US) LEO to go piss up a rope, and selling cannabis seeds is generally a legal activity in their country (more or less), so they are not subject to threat in that regard.

I saw an article about the Fed's declaring seed legal because they have no thc.
I haven't seen anything about them making seeds legal, but with hemp legal how can they tell the difference?
I came across an article that discusses the seed issue. There was a recent letter from the DEA, now called the "DEA Seed Letter" which was sent late last year. It seems to read as if the DEA is saying that Hemp seeds are legal because they contain less than .3% THC and because they come from Hemp plants which are now legal.

Some people jumped on that saying that Marijuana seeds must also be legal because they also (usually) have less than .3% THC. Problem is that the DEA letter did not legalize Marijuana and anything, including Marijuana seeds with less than .3% THC are not legal according to lawyers that are working with the Marijuana medicinal and recreational businesses, investors and interests.

The latest is a letter from an attorney which was published yesterday afternoon. A google search shows some recent interest in the DEA Seed Letter since the beginning of the month.

Probably some are legitimate sellers and some are people thinking either that the buyer isn't going to call the cops (or that the buyer/LEO isn't going to be able to actually identify the "seller").

Always best to use actual established businesses whenever doing business. Alternatively, treat it like you would when trying to buy something illegal from someone you don't know who is in a location you never heard of. In other words, caveat emptor, lol. BtW, for any old folks in the audience: Merely having a "professional looking" website does not automatically mean that it's an established/actual business entity. A twelve-year old who can just about find his way home from school each day could create such a thing. . . .

There are a lot of breeders in the USA that use seed banks, but they also sell direct to customers in the US. I don't think that I can mention non sponsors here on the forums, but there are a couple that I've ordered direct from and no issues.

As far as the legality with seeds, I read the letter from the DEA stating that seeds are not classified by the source plant, but rather if they are higher than 0.3% THC then they are cannabis/marijuana and ones less than that are considered hemp...essentially saying all seeds should classify as hemp. I would say just be smart as law enforcement generally is not "up to date" on laws or knowledgeable, so there always is a risk associated as their perspective is, bust/arrest and let you sort it out in court... so just be cautious whatever you choose.

Most likely you will be fine ordering direct from breeders in the USA, as there are literally hundreds of pounds of cannabis being mailed and shipped daily in the USA so I doubt they really would waste resources on a few packs of seeds. They are generally looking for bigger fish to fry with large assets that will benefit them when seized.

Not legal advice, just my 2 cents :)

Using social media to contact breeders direct is a good way to find out how to source the seeds you are looking for. I've reached out to a handful of breeders and most are quick to respond.

Kind of long and (of course) rambling:

I would never expect to be able to use that letter as part of a criminal defense for a couple of reasons: First, there are two sentences that are direct contradictions of each other - and one follows immediately after the other. Second, because the language toward the end of the letter about cannabis seeds that contain less than .3% THC versus cannabis seeds that contain .3% or more THC makes it obvious that the person who wrote it is, in technical terms, a f*cking moron. The fact that the guy has a PhD and is with the D&C Evaluation Section makes it worse instead of better, in my opinion. At some point, a defense attorney might try to sell the line that understanding was clouded by the letter - and then, a judge would, most likely - and at the request of the prosecutor - explain to the jury that ignorance is not a valid defense in a criminal trial. Maybe it would be looked at as a mitigating factor later during the sentencing portion of a trial... But that seems unlikely to be helpful, as any punishment for smuggling seeds would automatically be a mere slap on the wrist in comparison to the penalty for producing the crop that it led to the discovery of.

Luckily, Icemud is correct about the... priority (in other words, utter lack thereof) that personal use quantity cannabis seed purchases receive, lol.

At the end of the day, here is why I order from non-domestic seed vendors instead of domestic ones: The bare fact that a mailman, UPS employee, et cetera walks onto your front porch and drops off a quantity of cannabis seeds (or anything else, for that matter) is not evidence that I committed a crime. No - it must be shown that I am the person who caused that to happen. Having ordered from a non-domestic source, that would be - for all intents and purposes - impossible. If, however, a domestic entity is being investigated, and a LEO obtains a search warrant, then they could be examining customer databases an hour later. The likelihood of that is relatively low(*), and the likelihood of trouble landing upon MY shoulders from it happening is lower still. But I have always been pretty good at math, lol, and a 0% chance of getting nailed (or even noticed) beats eighteen different kinds of sh!t out of a greater-than-zero chance. Every time.

It's not because there's a small chance of getting in trouble if I order from a domestic seller, because - again - it really is a small chance. Rather, it is because the other way makes even that small chance go away. The worst thing that can happen from a foreign order is that Customs swaps my seeds for one of their "We believe that one or more items in this package are contraband, so we've stolen them - if you disagree, call us to make an appointment to discuss your opinion" form letter (yes, the language is a bit different, but that's what it amounts to). Been there, done that. That was... wow, a good bit longer ago than my join date for this forum. I contacted the seller and they reshipped (to an alternate address in the neighborhood, which was nice). And I had the letter hanging up in a room in my home for years, right up until...

(*)A guy that owned, part-owned, ran, or something... a nutrient business once sent me some two-part liquid nutrients. They were cool - had some red-eyed frogs on the labels. And they were decent nutrients, too. I had a crop going (still in growth phase), not far in, but definitely healthy and well-fed. Then the news broke that some ridiculous number of cannabis plants had been discovered on the property bordering that guy's. Believe it or not (LMFAO), being chief high muckity muck of a cannabis nutrient company gets you looked at with suspicion when LEO tears into over a thousand plants just next door. He got questioned, but not arrested. He was fine, it was cool - but he mentioned at one point that LEO was suddenly in possession of his business computer(s). I don't recall whether there was ever even mention of the existence of a warrant. Some people get nervous when LEO gives them the hairy eyeball - and some people, when nervous, rather than being struck mute... find that they can't f*cking shut up :rolleyes: . But is being what it is, and was being in there somewhere, too, I became concerned enough to "sanitize" my home. I was never even contacted by anyone - as I was >99.99% sure would be the case. It was just a "better safe than sorry" situation. <SHRUGS> I would have felt like - and would have demonstrably been - an idiot, had I kept on full speed ahead, and ended up in trouble because of it, lol. Even with my (at least back then) heroic level of paranoia, I might have continued with that set of plants, but it was an advertiser, and the business was "released without prejudice due to an overabundance of caution," or however you want to put it. No harm, no foul, please take three steps back... kind of thing.

Ironically, the person who received the two gallon(?) jugs of that company's nutrient ended up not using it, and gave it back to me some years later. And it turned out to still be fully capable of producing some bud. Later still, that business became an advertiser again (possibly without the original person being associated with it, IDK). Because it's a small world - and the company did have decent nutrients. Still does, I assume, if it still exists. Hmm... YEP - but, sadly, the stoned frogs have gone from the labels of the two-part nutrients. I have zero animosity for the business or the person who was involved in that little mess. I'd even consider using the products again. They are not currently a sponsor, so I won't slather my head with herb-infused butter, force the lion's mouth open, and insert my head by mentioning it by name. But, no, there is no ill will there.

That guy was involved in a legal business. But my name/address was on his computer, probably along with emails that <COUGH> mentioned cannabis cultivation. And that computer ended up in the possession of the other team for a while. The cannabis seed business? Still a murky legal area. Yeah... I'll pass on domestic purchases. I just find that I have no actual need to do otherwise. It's like the odds of getting struck by lightning whilst mowing in a thunderstorm, versus the odds of getting struck by lightning if I put the mower back in the shed and go inside.

Some people jumped on that saying that Marijuana seeds must also be legal because they also (usually) have less than .3% THC. Problem is that the DEA letter did not legalize Marijuana and anything, including Marijuana seeds with less than .3% THC are not legal according to lawyers that are working with the Marijuana medicinal and recreational businesses, investors and interests.
I'm a hemp grower, and the fact is, almost all varieties of CBD hemp will start out as hemp and end up as marijuana – unless you harvest buds early. Which is another way of saying that legal "hemp" is a growing technique, not a type of cannabis. The 0.3% THC threshold is just an invented, bureaucratic number. All of this regulatory smoke and mirrors needs to be flushed down the toilet, and cannabis fully legalized. But of course, there are powerful forces at play that want to continue to suppress this free, natural medicine. CBG is another story altogether, because the buds can have literally zero or near zero THC.

As for U.S. seed sellers... there's a bunch of them. Even some hemp seed companies are now selling THC varieties. One way to find a seller is to first identify a strain that you want, then find a breeder who is producing that, and then find out from the breeder who is selling it (if they aren't selling it directly). Or, maybe you've heard about a good strain, and then you can research and see who produced it, etc. Just go crazy on Google and you can find the goods.

420 is a US based distributor and they take bill pay, cash or "ACH" which is giving them your bank acct number and routing number. If you have a checking account, you can set up a bill pay on your bank's app.
Then, place your order, put them in your list of 'payees' and they'll tell you the rest. Easy-peasy.

I've had good luck ordering from Europe and domestic. Even had multiple good experiences in strainly which is kinda like OfferUp of growing. Now a lot of reputable breeders are listing their genetics as well and often ask for payment through Venmo or PayPal

I've always had good luck with cash. I fold up two or three sheets of regular 8.5"×11" typing/printer paper around the money - and then stamp "FINAL NOTICE" in red ink on the envelope :rofl:. Haven't had a thief open one yet.

I've occasionally seen people advise to use a birthday/etc. card, but this is a BAD idea - it just shouts, "Hey, thieves, Timmy's grandma wants you to have some money!"

Back
Top Bottom