Shirley' First Grow! Soil - 450W LED - Autos

The site says they are both 100% indica, I've just done some reading up on bud washing, I'll try it out with a couple of buds from each plant but don't want to risk fucking them up after all this time. I've decided I'm going the chop and hang them in the morning

The site says they are both 100% indica, I've just done some reading up on bud washing, I'll try it out with a couple of buds from each plant but don't want to risk fucking them up after all this time. I've decided I'm going the chop and hang them in the morning

Bud Washing

That's the main thread.

There is a guy Docbud who is the guru of this.

Re: Bud Washing
I'm glad to see people are adopting my bud washing technique!

Yes, I "invented" it. I shared it with you folks here on 420....and nowhere else. I've never met, spoken to, or heard about anyone else doing it before I tried it.....and I enjoy freaking people out by putting fresh buds in a bucket of water....

But as many have said here, the results speak for themselves!

Let me put it to you like this:

Let's say I grew lettuce, cucumbers, tomatos and carrots in my basement. It's dusty down there, I've got fans flowing all around....battled with some PM, had some mites.....every now and then I get some rot or other disease on my plants....bugs flying around, dead skin cells, hair.....and I spray the plants with compost tea, fish fertilizer, kelp meal, etc.

So, you wanna come over for a salad? We'll just pull the veggies out of the ground, plop 'em in a bowl and start eating! No need to wash.....right?

The first time you wash your harvest and see all that brown crap left behind you'll begin to see the light! Then, when you smoke your first washed harvest, you'll understand.

For those who are new to this, here's my method:

4 buckets total. (5 gallon buckets are perfect)

Bucket 1: 3 parts RO water to 1 part 3% H202.
Bucket 2: 5 gallons of RO with 1 cup baking soda, 1 cup Lemon Juice
Buckets 3 and 4: RO only.

Cut down plants, pull off fan leaves by hand, remove any necrotic leaves. Leave sugar leaves and anything with frosting on the plant.

Fully submerge in bucket 1 (H2O2) for 30 seconds. Submerge for a full minute if you had ANY sign of PM or bud rot. Let water drip from buds and then.....

Fully submerge in buckets 2 through 4 for 30 seconds each...lightly agitating the whole time.

Allow produce to drip dry. You can blow a fan on it if you like, just make sure it's blowing clean air.

Hang and dry per usual.

Final manicure of buds is best done after they dry. It goes very fast and you're left with washed, highly resinous trim....makes superb joints. I'm also educating my customers to select untrimmed buds, which are actually better than the manicured ones because they still have sugar leaves attached. The trichomes in the leaves have more THC than those in the buds.....so it's good to get the whole spectrum in there.

I give instructions for this in my journals, as I do it every single week, on every single harvest. Once you try it, you'll never go back.

This works so well for a couple reasons:

1. takes off dirt, foliar sprays, bugs, fiberglass dust, etc.
2. fully hydrates the leaves, allowing photosynthesis to occur for a day or two on cut and trimmed buds. I recommend leaving a light on the buds for the first day or two after washing.

This results in very, dense, clean burning, smooth tasting produce! That's the basic recipe....and I'm tweaking and changing it all the time.

Warning: Do NOT use an "organic produce wash" that is based on oils! They sell these in grocery stores and health food stores, and while they might be good for lettuce and cukes....the oil removes resin from the plants.....don't use it!

Water will not harm resin....oil can and does.

Anyone who wants to know more about my methods is welcome to ask me about them anytime!

I mostly followed this. I used a smaller bucket for the hydrogen peroxide and used plain tap water. It took a while to do 5 plants. A lot of people skip the first bucket if they don't see any evidence of mold. My grow had lots of varying humidity, so I figured better safe than sorry. The main thing is you won't fuck up your plants or wash away the THC. The stuff is oil based. If you've ever tried to clean an oil based paint brush with water, it's like that.

Youtube bud wash and you will come up with a pile of video demonstrations. These are mine after I washed and hung them. I'm sorry I didn't take pics of the wash itself.

Day_120_SK_2_1.JPG

I used tap water. Docbud seemed to think any chlorine would actually be a benefit. It took me hanging up a couple of branches before I stopped thinking this was the stupidest thing I'd ever done. You did what !!!

Oh. and it's called baking powder in the UK (as opposed to baking soda in the US). The lemon juice and baking powder combined as a foaming agent that helps to loosen dirt, dead shit, dust, etc. The last two buckets are to make sure everything is washed off.

Hanging in the tent then curing in jars, not planning on washing them
Subbed if you are perpetual?? Check out my perpetual it is 200 pgs and tons of strains and training methods hope to see you there" my new DWC afghan kush and flowering mothers

I used tap water. Docbud seemed to think any chlorine would actually be a benefit. It took me hanging up a couple of branches before I stopped thinking this was the stupidest thing I'd ever done. You did what !!!

Oh. and it's called baking powder in the UK (as opposed to baking soda in the US). The lemon juice and baking powder combined as a foaming agent that helps to loosen dirt, dead shit, dust, etc. The last two buckets are to make sure everything is washed off.

Well, u relies that it doesn't matter where you live the physical make-up is the same in the mixture Baking Powder is a mixture of corn starch and soda , baking soda is just that. Hope that help you differentiate between the two, also they do not have a different names just Brand Names differ.

Well, u relies that it doesn't matter where you live the physical make-up is the same in the mixture Baking Powder is a mixture of corn starch and soda , baking soda is just that. Hope that help you differentiate between the two, also they do not have a different names just Brand Names differ.

By the way I didn't mean to sound like a dick Sorry ..

i was wondering, i want to add my Blue Cheese Auto and Royal Cheese Auto but as the Ayahuasca and the Bad Azz Kush are photoperiod im not sure when to add them to the tent?

Well autos like to be grown on 18/6 -20/4

However there are you tube videos out theee that say 12/12 is best I've yet to test that theory and maybe in the fall I will do a plant as a project ..

So that being said I would put them in now. If you flip to 12/12 o can't see it harming an auto . As they don't require any certain cycle the ruderalls make it on a time cycle so it's going to veg x time no controlling it just new to pay attention a bit more then a photo.

I hope this is a bit useful maybe ask us anything forum for a second opinion but I'm 90% sure what I said is accurate .

By the way I didn't mean to sound like a dick Sorry ..

Thanks. I'm still confused. I went looking for Arm and Hammer baking soda. I asked the lady at tesco who asked the baker who came back and said you want baking powder. They had both baking soda and baking powder next to each other (no Arm and Hammer). Anyway. The baking powder did the trick.

so i chopped the ladies and they are hanging up cant wait to smoke them but i have too

ayahuasca purple
420-magazine-mobile680460592.jpg

bad azz kush
420-magazine-mobile1938753018.jpg

it took alot longer than i thought it would to trim them and nearly made me late for work, but i couldnt leave them half cut...

420-magazine-mobile9435449.jpg

jarred them today after 5 days of drying, i got 2 oz off the bad azz and 1.5 off the ayahuasca

Congrats on Harvest Shirley hope it's a nice smoke ..

thanks all, the bad azz dont smell to good, has a kind of earthy hay smell to it which im hoping will fade in the cure and the ayahuasca smells really sweet doesnt taiste to great but is a really nice smooth smoke with a great head high too.

Back
Top Bottom