Good morning my friends 💚
Just a little update on the Dosi Zookies auto in the SIP.
I made a couple tweeks in the Bud Bunker and after giving her a minute with a emptied res she seems to be on the road to recovery.
I raised the room temp to 78°F and brought the humidity up to 61%, I also took the cover off the planter, not much of a tweek but it seems to be working.
I'm going to give it a minute then take the top off and start laying her out if she stays the course.
I'll keep you posted and we'll see what happens..

IMG_20231030_090405.jpg
hi mate can i ask what the tube is for in the big bed in the back ? is this to let out some sort of gas? ive been growing in coco for 2/3 years and im finding it a real struggle, im about to set up my first not till run gonna go for the cooots method ......

That's a fill pipe for his SIP (self irrigating planter)
Go back to the beginning of this thread, and you can read all about 'em...
Wanna grow some killer plants? Try SIP growing, you won't be sorry.

Welcome to 420, @Reemotley :welcome:

I bought some lime plants/cuttings yesterday for my lemon trees.

How do you like dem apples?

like what happened to bananas.

Isn’t more like what’s about to happen to bananas. That disease is travelling the world and they reckon you can never replant on land that’s had it. There are people trying to desperately create strains that taste the same but have resistance to it. Caledonian bananas are the main one?

EDIT - Oops sorry Azi!

So my float indicator detached and while fishing it out I snapped a picture down the tube. To my surprise I found roots growing over the float.
PXL_20240110_004543516.jpg
I'm 100% certain I had that issue in my first sip but I didn't think about trying to take a pic...

I had intended to top water some cal/mag into this 10 gal sip in an effort to solve a likely imbalance. The container has a mulch cover & when I moved the cover back I found this! I'm not sure whether I should top water now. But honestly, I just wanted to show off these roots! I've never seen anything like this!
IMG_4243.jpg

I had intended to top water some cal/mag into this 10 gal sip in an effort to solve a likely imbalance. The container has a mulch cover & when I moved the cover back I found this! I'm not sure whether I should top water now. But honestly, I just wanted to show off these roots! I've never seen anything like this!
IMG_4243.jpg
Looking good @Thirvnrob !

Roots will grow up against that top mulch if it's kept moist. I use an organic mulch (compost for me) but others like @ReservoirDog and @StoneOtter use the plastic version with great success.
Looks like you've found the magic!

Looking good @Thirvnrob !

Roots will grow up against that top mulch if it's kept moist. I use an organic mulch (compost for me) but others like @ReservoirDog and @StoneOtter use the plastic version with great success.
Looks like you've found the magic!
I'd prefer mulch. What concoction do you use?

Finished harvest report! 394.3 grams of bud + another 103grams of shake probably smoked/gave away about an oz before it was totally dry….again the strain is humboldts strawberry cheesecake
IMG_2284.jpeg

Special recognition goes to all of you on this thread stone, azi,res, nick,maritimer,bode
Just to name a few! Youre awesome! Thanks for the input!!

Finished harvest report! 394.3 grams of bud + another 103grams of shake probably smoked/gave away about an oz before it was totally dry….again the strain is humboldts strawberry cheesecake
IMG_2284.jpeg

Special recognition goes to all of you on this thread stone, azi,res, nick,maritimer,bode
Nice haul! My mouth is watering...

IMG_2284.jpeg

Edited -My comment duplicated for some reason 🤤

IMG_2284.jpeg

Nice job ,looks good 🤤

IMG_4243.jpg

Wow Thirvnrob nice roots!!!

that’s a killer example and further proof of what I’ve been saying all along….the makers of smart pots / fabric pots like to say that it’s air pruning in effect… nope no dice it’s been light pruning all along.

you’ll never see those kind of roots on a weed plant when there’s exposure to light. Ok same thang but said differently- weed roots avoid exposure to light

ps Congrats on the chop TequilaSIPr

Back
Top Bottom