Sisco's Outdoors Grow

Well, I was wrong sisco it could get worse.:smokin::smokin:
I didn't think it could, but it did. So sorry Buddy.
There will be another time. I know that doesn't help much.
Get ripped, put on some blues and get it out of your system. :yahoo:
Can't say you didn't try....you gave it your best shot....that's all you can say.
Still have your wonderful family!:ganjamon:

Hey bro thats tough...

Ive had simmilar issues in the past eventually I figured out theres a reason why some people get 100% germ rates its a skill.

My problem was always temps... temps get too high the seeds get slimey and bacteria or fungi will kill the seed temps too low just mean impossible long times to germ if at all.

So what I do is soak the seeds in water till they sink then I take them out and scratch the seam of the seeds with my thumb nail to remove the thin layer that protects it. then I use the wet paper towel method on a plate with pressNseal wrap on it to keep it moist, seeds will die it they get dry after cracking. Then I put it on my cable box away from the sun. I used a thermometer to ensure the temps dont get too high. as soon as I see a tap root they go into soil... soil has to be kept damp but not to wet...

I know its probly all old news to you but with that kinda rate I think theres something amiss with the method. I get 100% germ rates now even though my method is simmilar to when I got less than 50% germ rates its all in the little details.
Hope you get it sorted and Ill be waiting for your next indoor grow...

Hey sisco, don't let it get to ya man. I know it's easy to say that when it's somebody else's issue. But you've got lots of friends on here that want to see you do well and feel your pain when things screw up.

Seeds can be finicky, maybe just a little too wet for them. I've had some that thrived after an overnight soak and two days in damp paper towel and others that took almost 2 weeks to start.(and most of them didn't).

Any chance that your first set are doing anything in your absence or were they hopeless?

Anyway good luck next time around and don't blame yourself for everything. Positive vibes brother.:thumb:
Mmmmick, I appreciate you kind words brother. I do think the first batch is gone with the wind by now. I can't help but to blame myself there's no one else to blame around here but me or my wife and she's pretty sick of me doing that all the time to her heehee.

Thanks brother again for being here:ganjamon: it means a great deal.

Sorry about the string of bad luck bud. As my wife would always nag at me "everything happens for a reason". Now I'm not a firm believer in that but take it as you will.

I was looking forward to your journal but I'll pick back up on your next. :grinjoint:
Sorry for the disappointment Pres, goes to show how much I really know about this growing thing... Better luck next time I hope. Thanks again for your interest and for your support.
0 for 11???? Wow...that would depress the heck out of me too. Admit it, you'll be back quicker than you think! Especially if you keep reading other peoples' journals it's only going to serve as temptation to start again. Still gonna do indoors?
Lil N. you got that right, I was so looking forward to doing this thing. I would love to do another indoor but that has it's problems during the hot summer days. So Winter may be the time for that, until then here I sit looking at OPP (other peoples pot) at least I have some good smoke to last me a little while.
Thanks and take it easy buddy.
Hay Sisco, sorry for all the bad luck... On a side note, I had seeds that where in soil and did not pop through for 3 weeks and one interesting thing that happened today which I though was really odd was I put a clone in some soil of a seed that did not pop a few weeks later the clone finally died, I went to go dump it today a low and behold a sprout coming out next to the dead clone. So with that said all hope is not lost. Give them a little time they may surprise you... If not good luck with whatever you do and look forward to seeing you around...
Sonzor, that is crazy. I'll check my veg. garden every time I go out there, cause that's where I put all the seed starting soil at. That would be crazy and funny. We have been having a good week with rain here so maybe...
:thanks: for that info. my friend and hope everything with you is copasetic, I'll be visiting your journal soon.
Well, I was wrong sisco it could get worse.:smokin::smokin:
I didn't think it could, but it did. So sorry Buddy.
There will be another time. I know that doesn't help much.
Get ripped, put on some blues and get it out of your system. :yahoo:
Can't say you didn't try....you gave it your best shot....that's all you can say.
Still have your wonderful family!:ganjamon:
OMM, yes I do have a wonderful family and your in it. :thanks: brother!
Hey bro thats tough...

Ive had similar issues in the past eventually I figured out theres a reason why some people get 100% germ rates its a skill.

My problem was always temps... temps get too high the seeds get slimey and bacteria or fungi will kill the seed temps too low just mean impossible long times to germ if at all.

So what I do is soak the seeds in water till they sink then I take them out and scratch the seam of the seeds with my thumb nail to remove the thin layer that protects it. then I use the wet paper towel method on a plate with pressNseal wrap on it to keep it moist, seeds will die it they get dry after cracking. Then I put it on my cable box away from the sun. I used a thermometer to ensure the temps dont get too high. as soon as I see a tap root they go into soil... soil has to be kept damp but not to wet...

I know its probably all old news to you but with that kinda rate I think theres something amiss with the method. I get 100% germ rates now even though my method is similar to when I got less than 50% germ rates its all in the little details.
Hope you get it sorted and Ill be waiting for your next indoor grow...

That sounds like a great way to go about it. I guess not every strain will act the same as the last. Something I never considered was that when I put them outside to sprout the sun may have cooked them and that's the one different thing that I did in the germination of the seeds.

So next time I'll do as before and keep them indoor out of the direct sun and under lights until they sprout.

Dang rookies, killing up all the seeds...(sigh)and learn the hard way.

Thanks for the advice my amigo. I'll be in to check ya' out here soon. Take care bro. :thumb:

Hey sisco, just in case you get the urge to try another run, sensi seeds Hash Plant finishes in 40-45 days flower.

You might need to harden them off before putting seedlings outdoors fulltime. Gardually allow them to become accustomed to the uv etc. and in a week they'll be ready for life in the forest.

Sorry for the disappointment Pres, goes to show how much I really know about this growing thing... Better luck next time I hope. Thanks again for your interest and for your support.

God no! I didn't mean it that way lol. Was looking forward to seeing some more of those beautiful pics of your area, your antidotes and of course was really hoping to see your drawings... :cheesygrinsmiley: C'mon now.

God no! I didn't mean it that way lol. Was looking forward to seeing some more of those beautiful pics of your area, your antidotes and of course was really hoping to see your drawings... :cheesygrinsmiley: C'mon now.

Pres, sorry bro...I didn't mean to come off arrogant or ticked off. I should just say that I was disappointed to not have the opportunity to have completed this second attempt.

I respect the Hellz out of each one of you, I'm a grown man and know who is a nice person or not. Your taste in music and hobby's are something we have in common, so good news is we are the same in a big way.

Take care mi amigos and thank you for hanging with us.

My bad! :loopy: No worries I didn't take it arrogant at all! You da man sisco! Just don't want ya thinking you disappointed me, let alone anyone.

:passitleft:

Hey sisco Ya never know the MMJ fairy may sh*t on you yet! As long as your alive and kicking your luck still might turn around. You know me, positive to the end! :cheer:

Now that you've made me part of your family, we'll get through it yet!

Hope all is well with the rest of the family. Tell that boy of yours he's got a new Uncle! :)

My bad! :loopy: No worries I didn't take it arrogant at all! You da man sisco! Just don't want ya thinking you disappointed me, let alone anyone.

:passitleft:
:) Thanks buddy, I am very grateful to have the support and understanding that y'all have showed me.
OldMedMan;1092246[QUOTE said:
]Hey sisco Ya never know the MMJ fairy may sh*t on you yet! As long as your alive and kicking your luck still might turn around. You know me, positive to the end! :cheer:

Now that you've made me part of your family, we'll get through it yet!

Hope all is well with the rest of the family. Tell that boy of yours he's got a new Uncle! :)[/QUOTE]
UNCLE OMM! He wants to know where the heck you been these past 4 X-mas and birthdays...lol

Hey so, this MMJ fairy sent me a memo it reads
"Dear Pancho"

..."I see your in need of some more beaners" I think she means seeds.."I'll see if the beaner bank can get your application through the whole qualifying process expedited" I think they are considering my application for emergency relief funds.
"Obladyama, has gotten congress to pass a bill that has released another Trillion dollas into the MMJ seed freedom bank." Don't you laugh!
the bill was signed by both parties...for the first time in history they all got together and agreed on this....While using a sporty suggestion of tapping each other on the bum.

Uncle OMM! nice ring to it eh?
I likes it, I likes it alot :)
Sure does.....it's kinda like Hawaii....if you are friend of a family here....your always Uncle! :)

Reminds me of when I was growing up, our Catholic priest said "please, call me daddy" lol
that was just wrong!

I have to EDIT: I didn't mean that UNCLE OMM was like this man. I just got a flash back from my neighborhood. So don't get offended OMM it's my sick humor and nothing else.

"Dear Pancho"

..."I see your in need of some more beaners" I think she means seeds.."I'll see if the beaner bank can get your application through the whole qualifying process expedited" I think they are considering my application for emergency relief funds.
"Obladyama, has gotten congress to pass a bill that has released another Trillion dollas into the MMJ seed freedom bank." Don't you laugh!
the bill was signed by both parties...for the first time in history they all got together and agreed on this....While using a sporty suggestion of tapping each other on the bum.

:rofl:

Reminds me of when I was growing up, our Catholic priest said "please, call me daddy" lol
that was just wrong!

WTF! What is wrong religious figures these days. That's crazy to have any man say call me daddy, but a priest!

I wouldn't want to know why! It's funny my wife is from a religious family and I have no respect for most religious figures. She hates it because I say there all **** touchers. Too many messed up people in this world man!

:) Thanks buddy, I am very grateful to have the support and understanding that y'all have showed me.

UNCLE OMM! He wants to know where the heck you been these past 4 X-mas and birthdays...lol

"Dear Pancho"

I likes it, I likes it alot :)

that was just wrong!

I have to EDIT: I didn't mean that UNCLE OMM was like this man. I just got a flash back from my neighborhood. So don't get offended OMM it's my sick humor and nothing else.

heheh jeez reminds me of my last latin lesson before I was to become an altar boy at 10. The old bugger slipped me the tongue and I never went back except for marriages or funerals. Still can't smoke Old Port cigars because of the taste, lol.

oh yeah, if the beaner bank takes 420 points you can have all of mine.

Where did this thread go so wrong....? lol

I didnt grow up in a religious family (they would have thrown us out anyways) but when i was in my teens and on my own, I met a deacon through a friend he took an interest in me and I suspected he had ill intentions but he was actually just trying to help a troubled kid that he thought had gotten the shaft(not literally) we actually became good friends but it took me a long time to trust him and I still feel bad about it. we still keep in touch. So Im still not religious at all in that sense but there are people out there for the right reason. of course if their tongue finds it way into your mouth I think its safe to say they are not in it for the right reasons.

at least I never had to call him daddy.
Me neither! I knew he was drunk, it was our first communion party...my parents and fam. loved any excuse to eat a goat and drink beer and dance, we invited the padre back to our home and like 4 hours later we had to pick him up off the sidewalk and get his ass to bed. It was a great party.
That's just wrong! I don't think I'll ever touch an old port now.

Crazy, huh?

Double wrong...:rofl:
nope,nope I never called him daddy. We called him el "padres borrachito".
Where did this thread go so wrong....? lol

I didn't grow up in a religious family (they would have thrown us out anyways) but when i was in my teens and on my own, I met a deacon through a friend he took an interest in me and I suspected he had ill intentions but he was actually just trying to help a troubled kid that he thought had gotten the shaft(not literally) we actually became good friends but it took me a long time to trust him and I still feel bad about it. we still keep in touch. So I'm still not religious at all in that sense but there are people out there for the right reason. of course if their tongue finds it way into your mouth I think its safe to say they are not in it for the right reasons.
Guilty! I had a brain-fart again.
There are some good ones out there but it's like I go to church and it's all talk about the money. God needs a J O B to pay for those cathedral ceilings and those pretty windows, so all us sinners that got drunk and wasted the night before could go in for a quick clean up of the soul and move on to sinning some more.

Well, this is what happens with a journal that has no camera, no plants! Good times!

Back
Top Bottom