Soil - Hydro - 2400w Led - 2000w HPS - 8 Strains - 1 GPW+

Re: Blue Planet Nutrients-Soil-Hydro-2400w Led-2000w Hps-8 Strains-1 GPW+

Caught up on your latest video mate - very, very nice. I love the way they all sway with the weight of the buds when you move them! Amazing!

Sweet pics Jon... of sweet bud :cheesygrinsmiley:

lowest iso best for cropping or image quality in general, but you need a lot of light

if you want to crop way in reduce the fstop to max of 11 after that IQ starts to get wonky

woohoo!!! :woohoo:

those pics are possibly some of the best flower pics i have seen! looking stunning and making me salivate mate! :cheesygrinsmiley:

100%reps all the way man! :goodjob: :bravo:

Sweet pics Jon... of sweet bud :cheesygrinsmiley:

lowest iso best for cropping or image quality in general, but you need a lot of light

if you want to crop way in reduce the fstop to max of 11 after that IQ starts to get wonky
Thanks Buck:Namaste: Ummm...fstop, IQ? im not sure if my cam has those features bro I dont even know what they mean lol
Great Photos Jon.
Thanks Brotha:)

woohoo!!! :woohoo:

those pics are possibly some of the best flower pics i have seen! looking stunning and making me salivate mate! :cheesygrinsmiley:

100%reps all the way man! :goodjob: :bravo:
Thanks for the kind words Alk:Namaste: with guys like Buck teaching me the ropes its only a matter of time before I figure out the best settings for that cam. I think Hiker is right though, its easier to fix the white ballance when im editing the pics, I cant seem to get it right under the hps.I dont have full control of it with this cam, it has settings like "auto, indoor, outdoor, cloudy" stuff like that but photoscape seems to fix it pretty good:)

As always Jon great pix.
:thanks:
i'm with alk , amazing stuff +reps

:Namaste:

Caught up on your latest video mate - very, very nice. I love the way they all sway with the weight of the buds when you move them! Amazing!
thanks GK, yep theres a huge difference from last round bro, I watch my day 42 vid from last round, and then I watched my harvest vid and theres easily twice as much nuggage this round already:)

good weed jon:)
well was it a waste of a hour and a half of your life?:)

i think the difference in the secondaries of the led and hps is do to light intensity difference. your par ratings can be the same at different distances but your intensity will not be. i hope you try 18" with the led's next round.

It looks like every plant in the veg table has root rot....Ive ordered a 5 litre jug of DM Zone but it wont be here for at least a week probably longer, its not available locally. Has anybody used Zone to fight root rot before? Did it work? Im trying to decide if I should wait for the Zone or start over? I ve never had root rot before, from what ive read its very hard to get rid of it completely. My question is, is it worth trying to save them or should I start over asap? I can cut clones and or start seeds tomorrow. Man I cant wait to get that RO system, Im willing to bet it came in throught the well.Im running 29% h2o2 at 1.5 mil per gallon to hopefully slow it down, can I run it any stronger? I ll get some pics up tomorrow morning, the roots are darker brown than they should be and they havent grown in at least a week maybe longer.the plants look like they are over watered with droopy leaves with high ridges and the growth is really slow.

OMG Jon. I'm sorry I haven't been been by since you posted this! I tend to work on my list from the bottom up. Unfortunately, the more active journals keep bumping to the top and I miss some. I finally got caught up today though.

Good call on the DM Zone. Your symptoms sound like exactly what I had going on towards the beginning of the crop that just finished. No slime, but darker roots and an odor. Your "earthy" smell might be the mycos you're using. FYI, I don't think you can use Zone with bennies. It's my understanding that DM Zone is for sterile res environments. I also added Hygrozyme because it claims to "eat" the decayed matter floating around the system.

You can use a little more H2O2 until the Zone arrives. I get confused when you mix mL and gallons :blalol: My strong dose was ~2c for 50g. This was only used a couple times when I thought there was an active growth happening. Initially I was even adding it as routine at the rate of 1.5c per 50g every few days. I stopped doing that based on some advice from X. It's too harsh for routine use, but it is a valuable tool to help control an outbreak. Run the H2O2 until the Zone gets there, then save it for cleaning the system between runs.

The Zone really works well, but I'm still concerned about those res temps. Is a Chiller for your veg res an option? It was already suggested to use some frozen water bottles. Since this is your full time job and you check things several times a day, that could be an excellent interim solution for you.

Why don't you try mycorrhizae in a "Biofilter", bro ?
Few lava stones for the bennies to colonise and leave them to do their job. You 'll have also great root growth ! Something like great white , for example ...
You can also brew a tea for this.

I'm not sure if you can stop using them when you move girls to flower and even if you wanna use them in general ...
Just an idea bro .... :)

I'm gonna pm you a great article on this, if you don't mind ....

Do you have a link for the BioFilter you're talking about? Are you using bennie tea in a hydro system?

I've seen lots of guys have success with it. It didn't work for me. When I first started having some issues, I tried adding beneficial tea to my res. I gave up and went back to a sterile res with DM Zone, and the roots look great now.

ya I feel ya bro, I cant afford shit like that either, this is my job, its how I support my family and pay my bills,weve been hurting ever since I bought the led's because the first 2 rounds were rough,but give them a chance like I said they have great customer support, try pm'ing him here too. I hate it when shit you havent delt with before happens at a crucial time in a grow, drives the stress levels through the roof...

If only there was something I could take for the stress. Oh wait! :bong:

I was playing around with this cam this morning trying to figure out the right light ballance settings and I came up with some decent close ups that i edited. I think I need to turn the fans off and a tripod or something to get really focused macros, at 100 ISO the slightest movement seems to blur the pics.

If it's not too hard, you definitely should turn off the fans. I either turn mine off or wait for the oscillation cycle to make them blow away from the plant I'm trying to photograph. Granted, my iPhone pics still suck, but they are worse if the subject is moving and makes a blurry picture.

You can get a cheap tripod. If this is all you're using it for, the $20 one will be adequate. I find it ironic that I prefer the cheap ones. They are not as sturdy, but they are super light as a result. Great for backpacking! And if you smash it, oh well, it's cheap to replace. :) If your camera and lens is real heavy, you can hang a weight under the tripod to make it more stable. Get a cheap one. A Monfroto is nice, but not not worth the extra $$ if you're just taking bud pictures.

Low ISO for macros. I take mine at 80. I prefer low ISO for almost anything tho. Much above 400 and any cropping seems to induce pixelation

I almost never changed the ISO on my DSLR. With film, higher ISO meant larger 'particles' the light sensitive chemical. This meant the images would appear pixilated when you enlarged them. With a digital sensor, the ISO is changed by varying the voltage across the sensor's photoreceptor sites. These sensors have ideal operating parameters where they are the most sensitive and/or accurate. My philosophy is to let the sensor work optimally and adjust the "shutter" speed and aperture.

Hey Jon, when you posted the zoom/macro shots, you mentioned Photoscape. Is that software? I'm curious what you took those trichome shots with with. Was that just your new camera, and then you cropped it in post processing? Do you think you can see the clear vs cloudy vs amber in the photos?

Good luck with those roots. Get the res temps down if you can. The Zone should sort you out.

Hey Hiker, It looks like half the plants are recovering and half of them are the same or getting worse. I cut 40 clones a couple of days ago, most of them have stalks as thick as pencil, it sure is nice having a mother again, I can cut them from the tops now.Im pretty sure Im going to cull these plants and start over again, I think these new clones will blow up fast if I put them right into the big system with co2 running.I think I would rather lose a month than try and nurse sick plants to a half asses harvest. My outdoor autos were going to come off at the same time as my indoor next round anyways so at least this way I can break up the trimming a bit.With the ro system the mini split and the chiller hopefully all getting installed next round costing me around 5 grand I need a good round to make up for it.

I think im going to keep using the zone during veg and switch to sensizym for flower. I dont want a chiller for the veg res unless it becomes a continuous problem. I think im going to duplicate my flower system with 3 gallon buckets for the new veg room. I find root developement isnt the greatest with the table and this way they will be in the same style system from clone, I just dont have the room to do it now.

All the pics ive been posting are with the new cam bro, i just zoom in and crop them. Photoscape is a free photo editing software that i downloaded, its really simple to use(if I can anybody can lol) I really like it, it does everything I need like adjusting white ballance and a bunch of other stuff I cant remember right now:)

i think the difference in the secondaries of the led and hps is do to light intensity difference. your par ratings can be the same at different distances but your intensity will not be. i hope you try 18" with the led's next round.

I agree. We all know that it is possible to have the LEDs too close to the plants, where they're delivering so much intensity that the plants actually suffer bleaching and stunting. So it doesn't make logical sense that the LED's, when set at a perfect distance from the plants, wouldn't provide as much (if not more) intensity to the plants as the 1000W HPS. IMO, the key is in finding that exact proper distance.

Jon, I know it's a pain to always be experimenting, but I think it would be worth your while to set your LED lights at varying heights next round and observing the results; perhaps one at 14", one at 18", one at 22" and one at 26" (or something like that). I think that would give you some very useful info moving forward....

I talk to the guy that designed these lights often, they test all of theyre new lights at different heights.They recomend 28 inches from the canopy for these lights. I had them at 14-16 inches last round on movers and that was to close, the plants were getting fried with something like 1800 umols every pass. right now they are 24 inches from the canopy so they are already closer than recomended. Its not just the secondaries that are smaller either, the tops are too, but they are definetly denser. Thats suposed to be the thing with led's, smaller nugs that weigh more. we will see in a few weeks whats what.

I bought my lights from a company that resells lights not the manufacturer. the company I bought them from had them listed as direct replacements for 1000 hps. The guy that designed them said that that wasnt true, they are direct replacements for 600w hps.
The only reason I switched to led's was the "no thermal footprint". Safety first right.I wasnt trying to save money on hydro that was just a bonus really. He said to try and look at it from a different perspective, instead of trying to get the same weight with less watts why not get more weight with the same watts. He guarantees that if I replaced 6000w of hps with 6000w of led I will get at least a 30% increase in final weight. of course they want me to buy more lights but still, what he said makes sense:)

Just wanted to let you know Jon that last year (sorry if I already told you) I went all in LED, after three harvests I sold em, rebought HPS on dimmables and have never looked back or regretted getting back into the HPS game.

hiker said:
Do you have a link for the BioFilter you're talking about? Are you using bennie tea in a hydro system?

I've seen lots of guys have success with it. It didn't work for me. When I first started having some issues, I tried adding beneficial tea to my res. I gave up and went back to a sterile res with DM Zone, and the roots look great now.

GHE has its own Biofilter , which is a pump actually that sucks water from the bottom (in the res), pass it through a filter (sponge) and some colonised disks and pour its from the top back to the res ! It also helps for recirculating the water very well, no need of airstones !!

Lol, believe it or not bro, no I haven't tried it/grow anything yet, I'm going ON MONDAY to get my ebb n flow (multiflow) system and a bioflter as well !!! I definitaly wanna try this method along with bennies ! (I hear nothing, but GREAT words for great shark for example, man!!!)

If you take a good look many ppl that pulled gram per watt, run some type of bennies one way , or another. Straight in the res, (steveHman etc) or in some type of biofliter !!
Of course, it's not a must ! It's just a way ...
You can achieve 1 gpw without bennies as well, for sure ...

But I strongly believe if you keep res temp in control and use them, you will have better root growth for sure ...and better results at the end!

I wish I could post few links to some top class journals/examples , for that !!!
Plus it seems to help in many ways: no completely change of nutes , 2/3ds are more than enough, longer period of changing nutes, top offs are just fine (with some base nutes), lighter nutes, very stable ph, little bit higher res temps , no nutrients build ups, no mold, no root rot, not many additives ....

IMO , it's definitaly worth a try !!!!! lol

Edit: I forgot the most important , no need to sterlize your system after the grow, just let the bennies to do the dirty work for you (run just water for one two days in the system/bioflter)

I also sent you a pm , hiker !

Back
Top Bottom