Sorenna's - 2015 - THC Bomb Auto & Strawberry Blue - Soil - LED

Re: Sorenna's (2015) THC Bomb THC/Strawberry Blue Autoflowers in soil under LED

LOL! Trust me, no one was chomping at the bit more than me! Welcome! Im glad you stopped by. Id offer refreshments but they are still too little. hehe!

I'm in.
Happy to support a fellow Midwesterner. I'm mostly an outdoor grower, but happy to help if you need.
Great set-up: felt pots, swick, cool lights, a tent and some killer genetix. Careful now, you may be extraordinarily happy and stoned in the not-too-distant future.

I think the photo-SB is a happy accident. This way you can see which tickles your fancy.

Nice setup =) Thats a beast of a LED pannel you have there, cant wait to see how the little ones do under it.

Hi Ranger, Ismokebuds and Radogast. :) Very happy yall could make it.

Ranger - Im pretty sure the autos will be my friend. No one I know medicates so its literally just for me. I dont need big yields.
And I have kidlets so I dont have a big space for them to make their home, so I need them little. I do think itll be fun to do all the things to the photo that I cant do to the auto, like topping. I want to try LST too, but from what I can tell the autos are pretty independent and like to do their own thing. So I think theres my plus on the SB flub. If thats the worst mistake I make on this grow, then I will be a VERY happy girl.

Ismokebuds - Thank you! I see you appear to be new to the community, so please let me offer you the warmest of welcomes to :420:!

Radogast - Im not that much of a yakker. I tend to be quiet, on the edges looking in; observing, absorbing, learning.

Really happy guys made it here.

I came over to peek at your journal.
I was,a bit scared you'd be at 30 pages.

Whew.. BIG relief... only 2 pages :slide::slide::slide:

I think that's just me Rad. :laughtwo: 53 subscribers. Lots of conversation. Sometimes controversy. Makes for lots of pages until the voices quiet down. Not a problem for me, but trying to keep up can be a serious challenge. I never expected it to be so popular.

I used to think Doc's thread moved fast.

So, its Day 2 and.. Good news. Both of my babygirls are up out of the soil, though they are still wearing their helmets. I dont think I put them in the dirt deep enough. I hope they will shed them on their own. Nevertheless, I am ecstatic. *happy dances* I took some pics, but even I have trouble finding the girls in the images and I took the pictures. lol Ill take some tomorrow when they are a little bit more prominent.

I set up a little laptop in there to play music for them for a little while. I can just imagine them behind closed doors dancing the night away. :)

According to a link DrZiggy is fond of, plants like music with soothing structure. I bet Bach or Beethoven would be good, or classical for that matter. Heavy metal? Not so much. I just had an image of full grown plants doing head banging! LOL!

Lol!

We'll be laughing about that for years Sorenna. :rofl:

Mmhmm. Sure will!

It was bothering me that they both still had their shells stuck to them, not just stuck but seemingly barely cracked. I read that this could kill them because once they come out of the soil and they have nothing covering them for humidity, the shells get too hard and they cant break it. I dont have anything in there for humidity over them so I decided to help them out, since it was my fault for not putting them in deep enough and for not giving them some extra moisture.

I got a qtip and got one end dripping wet and dotted a drop on top of each one and let it sit for a bit, then I did *very* gentle and slow surgery and removed the shells. Im happy to say they are both greening up nicely now and the first leaves are already spreading open.

I was gonna wait a day or so to see if they would do it on their own, and I hope handling them so early wont hurt them, but as soon as I saw pictures of how they look if they dont shed the shell, I was appalled.

I have this niggling fear that Im going to mother them to death and maybe I already am, but at the same time Im their guardian and its up to me to make sure they have everything they need to do what they do best: grow.

Oh and they got a quarter turn too.

Here is the link to the thread I found on this issue:
Seed shell stuck to seedling and killing it?

Bomb THC Bomb:
0111005.JPG

Strawberry Blue
0091273.JPG

Day 3

Here they are waving and smiling. The Blue started out as really small seed and its a really tiny sproutling. I really didnt think it would pop at all, but not only did it pop, it popped first.

The Bomb you can already see its first real set of leaves. Wee!

:woohoo:

They are lovely. Thank goodness for zoom, eh? Don't you just love that little dance they do to break free of the soil surface and find the light? I see from your post that they have already stolen your heart.

Welcome to my world. :laugh:

You, my dear, are a natural at this. A delightful and joyful post with learning to boot. Keep it up. I like it here.

Made me smile to see you were on. :love:

I confess that I am a happy Cannamommy. :) I took those pics 3 times before I got one that was acceptable. The first two that I took with my phone were terrible blurry. So I went and sneaked my daughters camera and was able to get some decent pictures. So I guess Ill use that from now on.

Yes, I do love how they dance out of the soil like they know they are loved as soon as they pop up. And they are loved.

It's hard to define or explain - this love the cannabis elicits from us, but I've had it happen to me and I've seen it happen to others, yourself included. It reminds me of fantasy stories of hatchling dragons that impress on their riders. The plants pop out of the soil and impress on us. We're an obsessive lot, the cannabis farmers.

These two are lucky. They impressed on you. :love:

Awww. How sweet. Thank you. :)

Hooray!!

Back
Top Bottom