Ok so I have a couple concerns with the purple haze and the leaves and I'm not sure what to do. Day 40 of flower, 52 of 12/12.
PXL_20240227_020202397.jpg

PXL_20240227_020212493.jpg

PXL_20240227_014045439.jpg

I found this weird white spot on the leaf, I was thinking the lights were causing the issue but it just looked weird to me. I'm not sure if it's mold or what.
PXL_20240227_020029033.jpg

I moved the light up the last 2" and hopefully that will give some relief they are about 8" away from the top of the colas. I also moved the fan back over to that side to help keep air movement on it. I'm thinking this one may finish first based on the trichomes on the colas. Do I pluck/cut dead leaves and or anything suspicious?
I suspect a potassium deficiency but I'm not that well versed with diagnosing nutrient issues in leaves. I can't see enough detail in your photo to see if that is mould or not. The veins of the leaf appear to be necrotic. Maybe someone with a better eye for these things can help more.

I suspect a potassium deficiency but I'm not that well versed with diagnosing nutrient issues in leaves. I can't see enough detail in your photo to see if that is mould or not. The veins of the leaf appear to be necrotic. Maybe someone with a better eye for these things can help more.
Ya I'm def not versed at all lol I've been trying to look it up, to me it still looks like a really bad calcium deal and I've been watering with Cal mag. It's still showing on a couple of the biggest colas new growth but none of the lower buds or fan leaves are affected. That white spot on the leaf was weird and I loupe it and it wasn't fuzzy like mold but it still made me nervous.

My worry is that my tent environment hasn't been on par with what's needed the last 2 weeks while I was sick and that these plants are starting to show it.

Hopefully you've caught it all in time!
Fingers crossed lol what would be a first grow without a little deficiency 😅

Everyone is getting there final meal on Friday for the grow assuming that will last 21 or so days away from harvest. Hopefully they will respond well 🤞.

All the girls are starting to show some signs that they are ready for a feeding.
PXL_20240227_020235947.jpg
PXL_20240227_020407952.jpg

I think cal mag like you have and watch. Don’t up the level if they’re due a feed, just add the same and watch for an improvement hopefully.

The white spot not sure, PM would start lower generally though may be influenced by your fan setup.

Fingers crossed lol what would be a first grow without a little deficiency 😅

Actually I reckon first grows tend to excess I reckon? Easier to correct a deficiency than a toxicity generally too.

Nick

I reckon first grows tend to excess I reckon? Easier to correct a deficiency than a toxicity generally too.

Nick
I could see this being the case very easily. The perfectionist in me wants you know how bad I want these plants to turn out perfect 😅 . The Gaia Green is pretty much like follow this plan and don't deviate and you'll be fine, so that helps. Minus the CalMag issue it's been easy to follow, next run I'll probably get all the "add on" supplements and run the whole line to see what happens.

The only pic I got after working 12 hours, was like yep still alive, ok off to bed haha.
PXL_20240228_032030124.jpg

The only pic I got after working 12 hours, was like yep still alive, ok off to bed haha.
I know that feeling! In totally unrelated news my daughter when counting in English is struggling with saying the numbers 13, 14, 15, 16 😂

I know that feeling! In totally unrelated news my daughter when counting in English is struggling with saying the numbers 13, 14, 15, 16 😂
Lol you know I had trouble with numbers 14-19 when learning Spanish. I don't know why just couldn't get them to come out right.

So I may have a small issue on my hands and I'm interested in what peoples experience is with it. My wife is not a partaker of the ganja in any way shape or form but she doesn't put any restrictions on me smoking it in the house. This grow's smell however has started to leak past the carbon filter and into the entry way to our house, my wife is not as impressed as I am 😆. Is Ona still a thing people use that I could stick in the entry way to help eliminate some of that extra stink? I'm not afraid of legal issues but our families aren't as progressive on the subject of marijuana. Also happy wife, happy life haha.

Your filter should be handling the odor. Need to replace the activated charcoal? Need to increase the extraction fan speed to create negative pressure in the tent?

I agree that you want to do what you can to minimize the smell.

So I may have a small issue on my hands and I'm interested in what peoples experience is with it. My wife is not a partaker of the ganja in any way shape or form but she doesn't put any restrictions on me smoking it in the house. This grow's smell however has started to leak past the carbon filter and into the entry way to our house, my wife is not as impressed as I am 😆. Is Ona still a thing people use that I could stick in the entry way to help eliminate some of that extra stink? I'm not afraid of legal issues but our families aren't as progressive on the subject of marijuana. Also happy wife, happy life haha.

yeah people still use the onas.

Your filter should be handling the odor. Need to replace the activated charcoal? Need to increase the extraction fan speed to create negative pressure in the tent?

mostly what azi says. your extractor and scrubber should be able to handle it.

where is your exhaust air dumping? if you're dumping it inside the house the odour will only build up and permeate the soft materials in the house over time. it should be exhausted to outdoor to be effective over the long term. even then you may get a little at peak harvest.

So the weather here has been crazy and it's really affecting the ambient temps in the basement where the tents located. It was 62 this morning outside and now it's snowing. I had almost 0 negative pressure because I had one of the vents completely open with a 4" flex pipe as an intake. I was using the lung room environment to control the inside tent numbers because its a small tent no room for a heater and dehuey. I unhooked the warming mat and the dehuey because it was sending the VPD into the 1.8 range. I have partially closed the intake to help create more negative pressure. This smell is a recent development and it's faint but it's there, I'm not really complaining because it smells like success hahaha.
yeah people still use the onas.

mostly what azi says. your extractor and scrubber should be able to handle it.

where is your exhaust air dumping? if you're dumping it inside the house the odour will only build up and permeate the soft materials in the house over time. it should be exhausted to outdoor to be effective over the long term. even then you may get a little at peak harvest.
Unfortunately I can't pipe it outside. I know it's not ideal but I was making due for the last 6 weeks. I'm hoping I can dial in my tent environment for this weird warm spell we are hitting and get it rained in. I just figured stashing an Ona in the entry way may be a good temporary deal until I can get it squared away.

For the first time in my life it's 100% legal for me to grow and I'm still worried about the smell haha some things never change I guess.

The girls got what will probably be their last meal. Dry amendments top fed and mixed into the top 2", then watered in with 1 gal RO water and CalMag. Gaia Green suggests to last feeding be 3 weeks before harvest and 3 weeks from now will put me at the 63 day of flower.

Today was the first day I've noticed quite a lot of the pistils turning orange on all three plants. I'm still operating as the plants are all going to finish around the 9th week of flower but the purple haze main colas trichomes are starting to cloud however the lower growth is still 95% clear. Each strain has the harvest window 60-70 days, I know it's not always exact but should be close.

Here's some glamour shots
Purple Haze
PXL_20240229_025123455.jpg
PXL_20240229_030006709.jpg
PXL_20240229_025942265.jpg

Wedding Crasher
PXL_20240229_025233837.jpg
PXL_20240229_025536756.jpg
PXL_20240229_025622740.jpg

Blueberry
PXL_20240229_025341876.jpg
PXL_20240229_025643656.jpg
PXL_20240229_025705437.jpg
PXL_20240229_025523075.jpg

That sparkly stuff you saw?

Might have been guttation. Its basically plant sap non cannabinoid containing and is essentially sugars. Typical cause is high humidity overnight.

During the evening (or the lights-off period for indoor growers) the stomata on the undersides of the cannabis leaf close shut. During daylight hours, the stomata tend to be open allowing the plant to release moisture - a necessary part of photosynthesis.

Closed night-time stomata, in combination with possible high humidity levels, force the plant to squeeze the xylem sap out - mainly because of root pressure. The result is small droplets, often with an amber hue, which appear on the buds and leaves. The first time many growers see cannabis guttation, or xylem sap, they often think their plant is dripping in psychoactive THC-rich resin.

Its from Dutch P seeds and they’re not a sponsor but sounds like maybe?

Nick

That sparkly stuff you saw?

Might have been guttation. Its basically plant sap non cannabinoid containing and is essentially sugars. Typical cause is high humidity overnight.

Its from Dutch P seeds and they’re not a sponsor but sounds like maybe?

Nick
The amaryllis do that too 🙏 an if you lick it it's sweeter than sugar/🍯.. I wonder what the cannabis sap tastes like sugar too

The amaryllis do that too 🙏 an if you lick it it's sweeter than sugar/🍯.. I wonder what the cannabis sap tastes like sugar too
IMG_1871.jpeg
IMG_1872.jpeg

Trimming now, well other people are.

I can report maybe a slight sweetness but I’m half way through a bag of Haribo following a Taco Bell on an evening of Runtz x Layer Cake so ai may have unreliable taste buds.

Nick

IMG_1871.jpeg
IMG_1872.jpeg

I can report maybe a slight sweetness but I’m half way through a bag of Haribo following a Taco Bell on an evening of Runtz x Layer Cake so ai may have unreliable taste buds.

Nick
I'd definitely lick it for you and let ya know 😁

IMG_1871.jpeg
IMG_1872.jpeg

Nick
Haha I see no problem with any of those choices, in fact that sounds like your in the right head space to be tasting that leaf glitter 😂

I can see this tent environment is going to be a struggle with this crazy weather we are having. I'm able to get the lung room humidity into the low 40's high 30's but the temperature rises in the room. I think this is why I'm starting to see some issues with the leaves. I'm trying to stay around 76-78° RH <55% during the lights on in the tent for the end of flower. However that's not been consistent and I'm starting to think that's the reason I'm having an issue with CalMag because the temp swings are much larger than that.
Screenshot_20240301-230506.png

Unzip the tent to be greeted by buds falling out.
PXL_20240302_033232730.jpg

Purple Haze, is starting to fill in the gaps on the buds. Most of the trichomes are cloudy but there still a ton of white hairs. I'm still around 2 weeks before the start of the 55-70 day estimated flower time and this is a haze so I figured closer to 70. The buds are no longer airy, they are getting thick and starting to flop. I had to take the traditional lighter next to the bud shot because the colas are at least 6-7 inches, and the side branches are all lighter size.
PXL_20240302_033411847.jpg
PXL_20240302_032007724.jpg

PXL_20240302_032048674.jpg

PXL_20240302_032148489~2.jpg

Wedding Crasher, this girl is showing a small Calcium deficiency, brown dots on one or two of her fan leaves but other than those she looks good. I would bet she will be the last to finish, crystal clear and purple trichomes on her, mostly white pistils and still stacking.
PXL_20240302_033350458.jpg
PXL_20240302_033104170.jpg

Blueberry, this girls feeling like she's going to be done sooner than later. Orange pistils with only a white hair here or there. Cloudy trichomes with an amber here and there on the cola as well as side branches. She's not drinking like the other 2, about half as much currently but so I'm thinking she'll be closer to the 55 day harvest. I'm hoping she'll swell up a little but her smell is out of this world.
PXL_20240302_033334244.jpg
PXL_20240302_033259373.jpg

Busted out the loupe to check the trichomes on the girls because we are inching closer to the finish. I may have to make a decision on these girls sooner than later because a 2 week work trip has been put on the schedule to start anytime in the next 2 weeks. Kind of a surprise and one of those jobs you can't say no too. I'll find out more by Friday. 4 weeks from today will put me into day 77 which is probably going to be a lot of amber and that's not generally how I like my buds.

Anyways here's some bud and trichome shots for the girls on day 59 of 12/12 and day 47 of flower.

Purple Haze - I think this will be a 2 part harvest, the cola trichomes are cloudy and have some amber heads but the lower buds are 90% clear
Lower Bud
PXL_20240305_011521272~2.jpg

PXL_20240305_011332772.jpg

Main cola
PXL_20240305_010807456.jpg

PXL_20240305_010901354.jpg

Wedding Crasher
- She will be the last one done. Still pushing out white pistils and the orange ones haven't started crinkling yet.
PXL_20240305_010600257.jpg

PXL_20240305_010519871.jpg

Blueberry
- Smells and looks amazing also has the least amount of weight to it but I think it will be a fantastic smoke. All the trichomes on this girls buds are clouding at the same time, colas and lowers are equally cloudy.
PXL_20240305_010650019.jpg
PXL_20240305_010631539.jpg

PXL_20240305_010159605.jpg

PXL_20240305_010100366.jpg

Sorry for the little hairs in the pics I couldn't see them without the loupe but now I can't unsee them.

Back
Top Bottom