Still Growing - SoCal Hybrids & Mexican & Colombian Sativas Under Sun Natural Systems

Re: Still Growing - SoCal Hybrids & Mexican & Colombian Sativas Under Sun Natural Sys

Yep, they bud in time, and even beter cause in SoCal they can go till mid October :thumb: However this strain becomes a heavy hitter later on and induces instant relaxation, no other options really :lot-o-toke: I really like how she looks in natural setting cause I grew it only as a bonsai before and never really got the same kind of resin production. It's good spot, quite tough in the beginning but producing excellent quality smoke, and I expected everything. She looks very smooth I have to agree with you :cheesygrinsmiley: Ok, have a green one :blunt:

Re: Still Growing - SoCal Hybrids & Mexican & Colombian Sativas Under Sun Natural Sys

Yeah, this is a Beautiful plant. :love:

033221.jpg

:bravo:

Thx Gray, most of the work was done by my friend, who threw the right genetics in the mix :tokin:

Hey, man! It's an OG Kush crossed to MK Ultra, which then was crossed to Aurora Indica, and backcrossed to original mother.

I wonder how many days or hours they've been under rain while mid flowering and did you do any treatment after ?
Rain began this morning and possibly till to tomorrow,not a heavy rain but continuously.
It's really unusual to see rain before november here and I'm sure the sun will shine tomorrow.
Your plants look great as always :thumb:

...drool...drool...drool...that's all i do when i check out your journal...

I wonder how many days or hours they've been under rain while mid flowering and did you do any treatment after ?
Rain began this morning and possibly till to tomorrow,not a heavy rain but continuously.
It's really unusual to see rain before november here and I'm sure the sun will shine tomorrow.
Your plants look great as always :thumb:

Not much really. We've had very dry summer, and quite normal September with a little bit of rain, but nothing heavy. It's supposed to rain tonight but I say why not? No mold this year, more bud worms though, and I'm starting to harvest today. Grape Dogs are gonna go first cause they won't pump up more weight down there in the jungle and they look ready. Look out guys, some harvest pics are coming! :surf:

...drool...drool...drool...that's all i do when i check out your journal...

Thx man, I'm trying to provide the best :laughtwo::tokin:

Good luck with your chop, conrad!

Pulled 4 Grape Dogs, name should be changed though for Honey Dog maybe :laughtwo: They have the same smell I got off my bonsai plant earlier on in the year: juniper, pepper, pine sprinkled with honey, and the pattern of growth is extremely uniform. But it's good I took them already, amber started taking over as well as PM so no humid conditions for this strain! I might've even chopped too late, one plant hermied, and I was scraping nanners from under every bud, just in time to avoid heavy pollination of all the other ones. Weight is not gonna be impressive here, maybe 2-3 Oz so I'm gonna turn all of it into hash when it's dry :tokin:

Thx for everything, guys :partyboy:

Just driving thru. I seen ya say mid season......... I wished here. Hopefully the humidity/rains give ya 4/5 more weeks. Your girls look great. Myself I kind of played with some 'unkown' strains, least to me. I got one called 5th Element. She didn't even start flowering till a week later than others, and she takes awhile to finish. So I get a feeling I'll either pull her in, lucky she's closest to shortest outdoor, and can fit between the lights inside when needed. I do have acouple that are starting to get close and I was shocked, they are a real dense cheese variant. But I have found a spot or two of budrott. Even on one of those local breeders. I get so depressed with this weather here. It's not that we get so much rain here as far as precipitation, we just get finer droplets which equal more moisture. Perfect for molds. All my paver stones around the house are covered with molds. Roof even window tracks on the truck. Oh well. I'm seriously going to try getting a descent plant in the auto family. Plant something in mid March, harvest during peak sunlight in June, replant, harvest again in August, and you can pull in another harvest buy dragging you plants inside for the last couple weeks, and pull three grows outside per year.
Seeing auto started out as worthless hemp, it has come always. I get some at two oz's a plant of fair to middling weed. 1-10 I seen a 7. A 7 in hand beats a 8 in the 'bush'. Not that I ever will stop looking for one that grows out here. And once you get some of them 'larger' plants, it's hard to get excited over a 2 oz plant. But you could turn that into a 6 ozer buy growing it three times. Hey don't mind me, just babbling. Kill them worms. A mutual friend I think anyways, Lester Freeman, man he had a run that still is stuck in my mind. Curse a good camera.
Well GL my friend, Hope she shines in your stash jars. Keepem Green

Hmm I said it, man. The rainstorm coming through my are now is the heaviest I've seen this summer/autumn :thedoubletake: Hard to go out even on a balcony... which means I'm gonna have to go and check on my spots as soon as this thing is over just to make sure. This is one of the reasons why I mulch in some silica rich material as soon as I put them outside. They fall down sometimes but almost never break, and they can survive on the ground even couple of days.

Sorry to hear about your mold problems, this is my constant fear as the season is dragging to an end. If I'm lucky for the next week or two I'm not gonna even see it, and the weather forecast is good from tomorrow till about first week of October. Not much will be left after that, my Mexican sativa for sure, and maybe Colombian, but that one is just speeding up, so I just might pull it earlier.

I remember that once a grower from Florida PMed me to ask about my Orient Express and HSO Trainwreck which performed great last year in a very harsh weather. No mold, even a bit! Then he said in his extremely humid conditions Dela Haze always performs excellent, and you know the strain, don't you? Maybe try going with that one next year. Wish I could help more, but that's all I can think of, man :Namaste:

Glad to hear your first harvest.Yesterday rain turned out a little storm and I got wet totally three times while trying to cover the roof.Four branches effected but I tied them carefully.Probably they'll see the finish.I only need a week or a little more,good luck to you bad weather is coming from south

It's good that I went to The Sunny Spot straight away, 8 plants on the ground due to the mentioned rainstorm! Mess!!! :thedoubletake: I was never working so much in such a short time around them. I had to improvise something so I cut some nice fresh poles from the nearest tree with shears and then I staked all the plants with that and some rubber cord. I also threw a lot of soil at the base to give them strong support. Minor damages only, 3 or 4 lower branches broken, but on a happier note I took some Ultra Dog and Colombian home, examined the trichs, and it seems they are ready. I could pull most of them tomorrow, but I'm gonna wait till Monday, and tomorrow I'm gonna go and check on AUs instead, they're on the ground for sure. Weather's already changing at least :surf:

Ack! At least they weren't damaged too badly. :straightface: ... now if you could just get a nice streak of sunny cool weather ...

Question for you -

Major PITA has some outdoor plants that look ready at the top but not the bottoms. He's considering a partial chop. You've done that, haven't you?

2 Girls & 1 Kit: Major PITA Takes High Brix Outdoors, Summer 2015

Craptacular!
Sorry for the mess, but I'm glad you are able to salvage most of it.
Thanks to GT for asking about my harvest. You guys are the best!
I have a feeling conrad may have his hands full right about now.

Yes, do partial chop. Start from the top colas, and then wait few more days for the rest!

Back
Top Bottom