Stu’s First Grow

Hello Welcome, Thanks for stopping by :)
Yeah rh has been a constant struggle and always will be I believe.

In Canada Rh is brutal summer it’s crazy high winter it’s in the 20s lol.

I invested in a controller around Christmas for exact reason. I needed to dial in my environment and so far it is doing a good job. I still drop into low humidity ranges when my humidifier empties but i try to not let it happen!

The struggle of RH

Basement is about 10%RH with no humidifiers and 55f, tent is built on a 2x6 R40 insulated additional subfloor to keep cold off the pots.
Last night stayed good enough in the tent for me
9/9 is the light schedule and at 9 was 72f-38rh
Midnight was 69f-36rh
2:30 am was 69f-35rh
5:00 am was 67f-35rh
7:30 am was 67f-30rh
9 am just now is 71f-and 21 rh..... needed refill on humidifier
Ceramic heater (like an oil style no fans etc) is on full blast all night and about 70% when lights are on to hold 65-75 which I am happy enough with
It’s never perfectly stable but that’s close enough for me.

Dutch, I’m not sure we even hit 20%rh here in the summer, I’m a long ways from any water source like oceans lakes etc.

lol, 6 plants in a 2x4... I am already thinking that next time I do 2 plants and a scrog to maximize my leds

Lol yeah you win :cheer:

I plan to do 4 plants next grow and quadline as big as my tent can handle and pray for good yields lol. Then I’ll will make my switch to LOS and prepares to learn all over. I plan to buy true living organics vol2 soon enough and read it, will prob take me 6 months to read it twice and attempt to retain what I’ve read.

Picture update as I have no other news to report here, everything progressing nicely. Have seen Zero issues from the light switch, I’m sure the calmg helped that not become an issue, lights on 100% now.
(50% for pics)

068D4221-2546-4BCC-92DC-4BBC01C41E14.jpeg

3EFFEBC6-0FE5-4FB7-B44B-43777F5F8ED3.jpeg

45A1AB2B-0117-4BEB-AD8F-F4FF9260F413.jpeg

9DC155E9-FE46-470A-91FF-ADB4F20D0255.jpeg

44828CDD-06E5-4E95-9017-AFF0B8DC9FBB.jpeg

Blue cookie mutant below, has 8 bud sights which surprises me.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Cheers

How long again is it recommended that I wait after I flip to 12/12 before I trim a few of the inside leaves that are blocking some of the lower inside colas? 20 days?
Thanks!

They recommend between weeks 2-3 or close to when stretch is done. I am aiming for around Day 21 on my current girls and then plucking the odd leaf from there on until harvest.

How long again is it recommended that I wait after I flip to 12/12 before I trim a few of the inside leaves that are blocking some of the lower inside colas? 20 days?
Thanks!
You can take a fan leaf here or there anytime you want to uncover bud sites or tuck if you want to be really careful. If you're the full strip type then it's at the end of stretch, approx 21 days.

I'm a believer in the rule that you should still not be able to see the pot after a defoliation. Light falling on the pot (or the tent floor) is wasted and could be powering the leaves.

They recommend between weeks 2-3 or close to when stretch is done. I am aiming for around Day 21 on my current girls and then plucking the odd leaf from there on until harvest.

Thx Dutch! Yep I think stretch is done WW#1 as an example was 35” from floor to top leaf and today it sits at 40.5” I believe there done, but I also have no clue lol

You can take a fan leaf here or there anytime you want to uncover bud sites or tuck if you want to be really careful. If you're the full strip type then it's at the end of stretch, approx 21 days.

I'm a believer in the rule that you should still not be able to see the pot after a defoliation. Light falling on the pot (or the tent floor) is wasted and could be powering the leaves.

Okay cool I will snip the few leaves that are bugging me right now, I’m not the full strip type of person, I’ve seen some pretty bare lollypopped plants and just didn’t look right to me, so I haven’t clipped much at all since planting them.

Cheers

Thanks!

I'm with Shed here. I pick leaves every day, or rather give the leaves a bit of a trim and only cut what is necessary of the fingers of each leaf. But tuck whenever it's possible.

Back
Top Bottom