Sukafr33's Third Indoor Soil Grow

Whats up Sukafree....sorry I have been absent for a good month and haven't been able to follow along...computer broke but now im back, just built a brand new computer myself and it rocks...so should be here all the time now!! lol... wow your girls are looking great, nice clear photos too!!!

If I may suggest a few ideas for your pest problem...

I was just reading about the spraying of neem oil and definitely do NOT spray them with the lights on....do it at night...If you would like to see what happens when you spray them with lights on...look back around my week 3-4 of veg in my last grow journal....its pretty much a horror scene!! lol.... they recovered but I set myself back about a full week...

You may want to look into using peppermint tea as well....I used it to detour fungus gnats and it worked like a charm....i mixed 2 peppermint tea bags into boiling water, added a few drops of habenero hot sauce, 2 camel cigarettes and the fungus gnats almost instantly disappeared....

do you know what kind of pest you have? find out and read up on what works for that specific type of pest...some have life cycles of 30 days or more so if you only apply one treatment it may only kill the exising adults but may leave tons of eggs and larves around that will come back.... also some methods of pest control may only detour certain pests but will not do anything to others...so it helps, if you already haven't, to determine what type of pest before using anything...

BTi i don't believe will work because this it is a bacteria that attacts larvae in the soil, not for critters that don't reproduce in the soil...but you may want to check out DE or Diotomaceous Earth... hope i spelled it right...its like lil razors to these crawlee's and will slice them up quickly...

These are just some of the things that i found were popular in gardening forums around the web while tackling my fungus gnats....hope they help...

Things are looking great sukafree!!!! cant wait to see these ladies show off there goods in the upcomming weeks!!!! great job!!

thanks, well im off to give them a spray and water them then relax and smoke a bowl, tired as shit, been power washin the deck for the past 2 days and tomorrow i gotta stain it, off till then

Any news on the pest problem?

thanks everybody, i appreciate all the kind words, thats one thing that keeps me goin!!!! And the pest problem is gone, haven't seen any of them little f'ers, just the smell of that stuff should keep them away, mixed it water like i said and i sprayed them rite before lights out so i wouldn't have any problems and it worked, when i opened the cab in the morning time they looked the same as when i closed it for the night, so i think im gonna stick with this stuff, its really done a good job both times i've used it!!! and sorry for the delay, things really been hectic around here, but i got a couple pics of the girls, it seems like they are takin their time and its drivin me crazy, i dont know what the deal is, maybe its the strain, who knows, but their still lookin good, no problems so far, knock on wood, im seein alot of trichs but their really small and real clear, kinda hard to see but theirs alot of them, I've been usin the SSU only when i water, not when i feed, so hopefully one of these days they decide to take off and get a boost of growth and the buds blow up.. Well heres some pics that i took the past couple days, tops are startin to get big, cant wait till i start askin myself if i think i should wait another week lol, cant wait cant wait cant wait!!!!!!!! welp here they are!!!! My Lovely Ladies!!!!!
092011203724.jpg

092011203707.jpg

092011203106.jpg

092011204041.jpg

092011205515.jpg

092011205640.jpg

092011203926.jpg

092011203841.jpg

Let me know what you guys think!!!!

...BTi i don't believe will work because this it is a bacteria that attacts larvae in the soil, not for critters that don't reproduce in the soil...

That's incorrect...it works on leaf-feading critters:

Unlike typical nerve-poison insecticides, Bt acts by producing proteins (delta-endotoxin, the "toxic crystal") that reacts with the cells of the gut lining of susceptible insects. These Bt proteins paralyze the digestive system, and the infected insect stops feeding within hours. Bt-affected insects generally die from starvation, which can take several days.

Occasionally, the bacteria enter the insect's blood and reproduce within the insect. However, in most insects it is the reaction of the protein crystal that is lethal to the insect. Even dead bacteria containing the proteins are effective insecticides.

The most commonly used strain of Bt (kurstaki strain) will kill only leaf- and needle-feeding caterpillars. In the past decade, Bt strains have been developed that control certain types of fly larvae (israelensis strain, or Bti). These are widely used against larvae of mosquitoes, black flies and fungus gnats.

i dont know whats in the Rose stuff, all i know is that it has a really really bad smell and its oily, and it does an amazing job, i misted the plants and haven't seen a pest since, if the spray has been out since the early 1900's its gotta be doin somethin rite!! i think its what im gonna use from here on out..and thanks Krip, what do you think about how slow their takin though, do you think its ok, they've been in 12/12 for i think 3 weeks now and they only look a week old, what do you think??

Oh man Suka, Im so jealous. Your plants are getting nice and frosty. I can't wait till my ladies get nice and hairy like that.

Glad to hear your pest problem is under control. I wouldnt wanna see all your hard work be threatened by them!:thumb:

They are gorgeous. Seriously:goodjob:

i dont know whats in the Rose stuff, all i know is that it has a really really bad smell and its oily, and it does an amazing job, i misted the plants and haven't seen a pest since, if the spray has been out since the early 1900's its gotta be doin somethin rite!! i think its what im gonna use from here on out..and thanks Krip, what do you think about how slow their takin though, do you think its ok, they've been in 12/12 for i think 3 weeks now and they only look a week old, what do you think??

I think you're right on track, Bro! :goodjob:

Flowering starts when they first start throwing pistils, not when you start 12/12. It typically takes 7-10 days of 12/12 for flowering to start, so you've probably been in flower for something like 10-12 days or so.

For the next week or so, you girls should still be in their "stretch" (maybe just finished?) and putting out new pistils. Then, the vertical growth will settle down and the flowers will start packing on weight.

It always seems to take a long time during bloom as you're waiting for them to finish, and remember, most of the weight will come in the last two weeks.

You're doing great! :bravo:

Lovely indeed, they look very healthy! The buds do look a bit small for 3 weeks but the fact that your using bag seed gives much hope imho. It is very possible they may need 10 maybe even 12 weeks to finish, you just dont know. Looking good though man!

Oh and nice job with them caterpillars or whatever :)

That's incorrect...it works on leaf-feading critters:

We actually both were right..thanks for seeking and posting the details. When you mentioned "BT" I assumed BTi...which is for soil born pests...I wasn't aware that there was a variety for caterpillers "BT"..

Appreciate the knowledge bro!!

Suka...your doing an excellent job and they look right about where they should be for that time in flowering... Krip gave a great description of how the flowering process goes...wait another couple weeks (2-4 weeks) and when you see most of those white hairs turning amber/orange you will start seeing the buds begin to dense up more and swell quite a bit...thats a really good time to start checking your trichomes....

great job !!

We actually both were right..thanks for seeking and posting the details. When you mentioned "BT" I assumed BTi...which is for soil born pests...I wasn't aware that there was a variety for caterpillers "BT"..

Appreciate the knowledge bro!!

Ice, no problem. :high-five:

You did say, "BTi i don't believe will work..." but, for some reason I either didn't read the "i" in "BTi" or thought you dupe typed it since "i" was also the next letter/word.

I had the info handy since I just researched BT myself after learning about it in Munki's thread. Always happy to share! :passitleft:

I wanna thank everybody for all the help and kind words and also for stickin around and ridin along with me, i appreciate it, and krip your rite they should be 2 weeks in so maybe im just ahead of myself, i also watch them all day everyday pretty much so that doesn't help at all, so like you said hopefully they still have alot to go, cause from what i see i believe they are done stretchin now, so hopefully they will start poppin more pistils out here in the next couple weeks, and i found a problem yesterday while watering, on one of the plants there was bananas on it in random spots so i took about 10 minutes pickin them off, im just hopin they dont screw anything up, i dont wanna take it out cause its already so far into flowering already to just toss it, what do you guys think i should do???

Move that herm front and center so you keep a real good eye on it. Keep picking the bananas. When you get tired you can trash it (or move it somewhere else to make some fem seeds by itself.)

If you have the space, I'd let it pollinate itself like OG13 said. If not, you gotta tough it out and pick them off. it will be well worth it. Gotta get that sensimilla girl right?

Other than that, hope things are looking good which im sure they do.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom